Did I miss something?

Options

I've seen so many posts, both here and on reddit, from "killer mains" saying they're quitting the game, etc and claiming its unplayable now.

What did I miss? To me playing killer is easier now than its ever been. (I know a lot of people are upset about ruin but I never used/liked hex perks due to how inconsistent they are. Besides, high ranks just worked through it or knew the totem spots anyways)

I'm honestly at a loss. If I'm unaware of something please tell me. All the complaining I've seen lately is just mind-boggling...

Comments

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

It's literally just an overreaction to ruin. You didn't miss much.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

I honestly thought there had to have been something else I just wasnt aware of... If thats the case its really sad...

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Just crying killers that relied on ruin to carry them, nothing more.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Nurse, Hex: Ruin, the horribly broken sounds that happened at the same time Spirit lost collision, horrible matchmaking...

it's not just Ruin.

• Kliah
    Kliah Member Posts: 29
    Options

Yeah most killers seem to be upset with Ruin change but it's not necessarily that. They have been saying that most killers used Ruin for early game pressure and now that it has been changed, gens seem to go a lot faster since there is nothing to impede the survivors.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options

I think an "overreaction to ruin" is not quite fitting to explain this outrage of dbd players.

Its more the combination of different problems in and around the game. For example the rank reset, easy pip system for survivors, unfitting pip system for killers, a one sided developer note, the timing for the ruin change and the unadressed core problems behind it why so many players used the old ruin, matchmaking issues, surveys missing out obvious questions, a disappointing q&a, intransparency of bE, questionable mmr introduction which seems like a cover up for the current bad mm, etc

I cant blame players for quit playing killer. There is a lot of frustration atm and I think especially newer players just starting out as killer have a tough time.

For high rank killers (veterans) its less noticable imo.

• ninjamediness64
    ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125
    Options

A lot of people who played killer are likely just taking a break, switching to survivor, or playing in ways that are generally disliked by the survivors they play with (NOED, camping, tunneling). We don't know how many killers actually did quit though since we don't have the data.

I have noticed an uptick in tunneling and camping threads on here. Not sure if there's a correlation there.

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209
    Options

To me and maybe others playing killer has just been less fun with every update, and the devs seem intent on not listening to issues killers have with the game namely map design so I'm just fed up with bhvrs design philosophy of if its popular it must be op and then not at why the thing was popular.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

It’s the trash killers who coasted into red ranks with crutch perks and toxicity. I’m glad the nerfs driving them out. Game will be better in the long run without them.