Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Things you didn't know about the game! Tips and tricks

Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

I'm gonna place some of the useful things I've learnt about the game for both roles, hope you find some of them useful and PLEASE feel free to share whichever you think I missed. I''m pretty amazed how people don't know about lots of this.

• The Doctor can shock you preventing you from dropping a pallet, meaning, you can't vault nor drop pallets whyle screaming
  • You can avoid the Doctor's blast by going into a locker
  • You can outplay wraith by standing still next to a window and as soon as he starts appearing you vault it, he won't hit you and will have to go around or cooldown the speed whyle vaulting it
  • The wraith gets ULTRA stunned when blinded whyle being invisible
  • You can start the "dissarm trap" animation to let a teammate walk through a trapper's trap and then drop the animation making the trapper get himself caught in it
  • Don't loop a good nurse, random movements work better if they know how to blink
  • You can steal a teammate's item from a chest if you stand beside and/or behind it
  • Place a small piece of scotch tape on your screen to learn Huntress and flashlight blinds, take it off after you feel confident enough
  • You can destroy the Hag's traps using a flashlight
  • Small game let's you know where trapper, freddy, hag and demogorgon places traps and portals
  • Sprintburst away, then fixate into cover, works every time
  • If only 2 of you remain and you need to open the exit gates take turns taking hits by body clocking the gates whyle one of you opens the exit
  • Using Spies from the Shadows in Hawkins is OP
  • 3 men on different gens at the same times do 3 gens faster than 4 men on a single one and changing to the next one. Meaning 3 survs on different gens get done faster than 3 gens done by 4 men one after another
  • Tunneling and camping is not a bannable offense, stop reporting them...
  • You can actually se who the killer is on XBOX if you go to "resent players" whyle in the lobby pre match
  • Luck only affects self unhooking and getting traps off or off traps, not items nor wiggle nor hatch spawn
  • The killer can close hatch before survivors if they're both on top of it at the same time
  • Killer can no longger grab the survivor entering the hatch
  • Gens made early game doesn't matter anymore cause gatekeeper emblem has been changed, stop complaining about gen rush, they can even get the 5 gens but if you 3k+ you'll be ok in terms of BP and pips
  • Don't go heal a downed slugged survivor in your SWF, do things and wait for him to say "I'm one touch"
  • If the killer facecamps do gens, if you're the face camped take one for the team please, maybe the killer will go away if he notices nobody gives a C about him camping
  • If you get unhooked by BT, YOU get a hit first, not the healthy survivor
  • Learn to 360 on top floors right next to falls, it's hilarious to watch the killer fall.
  • The firecrackers blind your teammates too, be prudent
  • Don't run the killers towards a gen being done
  • Cleanse against the Plague, if she grabs corrupt hide till it goes away, they'll be long games, but you'll all own her
  • CHANGE TO T2 as soon as you can as Myers unless you have the ninja addon for it
  • Use fixated to counter Spirit, Run forwards as she faces, then walw the other way after a few seconds, works every time
  • THE KILLER CAN HEAR YOU IF YOU'RE INJURED unless you have Jake's perk, DON'T TRY TO HIDE near him

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited January 2020

"You can start the "dissarm trap" animation to let a teammate walk through a trapper's trap and then drop the animation making the trapper get himself caught in it"

really cant believe they actually patched it to be this way.

What ffing sense does that make, you are DISSARMING IT, meaing its still armed, its armed until you dissarmed it, so why the F can anyone walk over it?

Will NoeD stop working as long as im busy destroying the totem? (I know dont give them any ideas) No, its active until its destroyed so what the F is this crap with the traps.

Post edited by ZoneDymo on
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Also just a little misc tip white wards allow you to safely keep items with plunderers been getting extra firecrackers like that

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Also works on the fences around the loops on Thompson house I learned the hard way

• Tokkern
    Tokkern Member Posts: 74

Because trapper is overperforming and annoying to play against if you are rank 20.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    edited January 2020

You made this after playing solo queue too much. Today saw at least 4 people Dead harding feral frenzy without Frank's (playing killer) and I genuinely felt sick with the zero dedication some players have. Every killer that I played against is deaf so the last tip is useless lol

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

As killer you can run across the haybails on the tractor in the farm maps to catch people vaulting them

You can cross over the pit in the school halls of badham by looking by looking at a 45 degree angle at the wall while you lunge

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

As legion, if you get blinded during a vault(pallet) you lose feral frenzy but do not take the stun, so you can imediatly attack.

As trapper, if someone goes inside a locker because of DS, just put a trap in front of it. If someone is in a strong loop, fake putting a trap down so they leave, or do put the trap down if they don't fall for it.

As huntress, don't flick unless you are confident you can hit it 100%, move your aim slowly preferably don't even move your aim, guide your target to your aim. (This is hard to explain in text...🤔).

As survivor, look back at the killer while running, no, it doesn't matter if you don't have DH or they don't have projectiles, LOOK AT HIM/HER.(obviously not 100% of the time, know where you're going)

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Is it better to heal or stay injured vs Oni?

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

always thought luck affects items from chests.. #########, no wonder i usually get a brown toolbox/medkit with vigo's jar

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Useful the disarm thing for traps didnt know that, rest were obvious.

and btw you DONT want to cleanse against plague

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

"As trapper, if someone goes inside a locker because of DS, just put a trap in front of it."

this happened to me once. the killer went away, checked on me a few times nodding and i had crows on the locker. i stayed in the locker for a long time cuz he didn't come grab me but then got bored so just stepped in the trap and died in last hook. XD i got outplayed there i never thought about that he can trap the locker lol

• Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226

Tip learned the hard way and still learning: theres probably a reason the killer is basically letting all the gens on one side go without much of a fight.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

No, it's called trap buffer and it's a feature. It was already in the game in the early dbd days and they just reintegrated it. McLean mentioned and explained that in a dev stream many months ago. Funny how people bring the pointless spaghetti code argument about things they don't know or don't understand.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Some other tips which just came to my mind:

• When you open a chest and press the sprint button immediatelly after the progress bar went full you can cancel the animation and can pick up the item earlier.
    • The old doctor could increase madness also on slugged survivors by just being in treatment mode (not shocking). I know killer mains with over 5K hours who didn't even know that lol.
    • Window slow (silent) vaults are stronger than you think. You can mindgame most killers with that if you do it correctly and the loop is not too short.
    • Spine chill is actually a very strong and underrated perk, especially when you also use Quick and Quiet and Head on for sneaky locker plays or in combination with Resilience.
    • Moonwalking, or rather hiding the red stain, is the best mindgaming mechanic for a killer. But it only works well if you know when and where to use.
    • Bamboozle is another underrated perk imo. You can instantly block a very long window loop and it also helps on TL walls. It can be literally op on Myers during EW3 and on Wraith with his fast vault addon.
    • As survivor don't only rely on the killers red stain during a chase. Just take advantage of the 3rd person camera and always watch where the killer is and what he is actually doing. Looping will be much more efficient.
  • forthelulz
    forthelulz Member Posts: 306
    edited February 2020
    • If you hit ESC then let go of M1 then ESC again while working on gens & totems it makes it act as if you're holding down M1 until you either press M1 again or the action finishes and also allows you to still use other keys normally.
    • Just as you run out gate to escape if you alt-tab out of the game and back in quickly you'll regain control of your camera
  • PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

It's called spin-doctoring spaghetti code. Shills on this forum are very good at it.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

nope, this was intentionally patched this was, the devs want it to be this way.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

• There are rocks and then there are Blendettes. If you get “stuck” and don’t understand why, try hitting eventually she will move.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

This is my strategy and I'm upset you posted it hahahaha

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    edited February 2020

I've tried to find somewhere calling this out and was not successful, could you please show me some clip/video of him saying that ?

PS: Sorry for bad English not a native speaker.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    edited February 2020

Sprint Burst can cancel the killer's lunge attack, the game will think you hit the survivor which is why it stops the lunge but in reality you didn't.

You can use Dead hard to avoid the doctor's shock therapy attack.

as the pig, You can follow survivors with active reverse bear traps without triggering a chase if you stay crouched.

You can deny the demogorgon's teleport ability if you cleanse the portal while he's digging a hole to traverse the upside down, however once he gets inside the portal then you cannot seal the portal.

You can still teleport to repaired generators as freddy, however you must activate the dream projection when the generator is unrepaired and if it gets repaired halfway through you can still teleport to it.

Before slugging a survivor as doctor, make sure they reach tier 3 so that you can never lose them. because they can still scream while slugged and from there you can guess their location.

it is not worth it to blind a spirit while she's breaking a pallet since it can sometimes not blind her and it's better to just make a run for it.

Nurse can still get burned if you blind her while she's holding a blink.

The spirit's husk cannot be blinded, use this to see if she's pretending to phase or not.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

If you want unhook someone in the basement and the Killer is close, make sure you don't move while crouching around it. High Rank Killers with good Headphones might hear the moving grass.

If you're Killer and you know there's at least one Flashlight and no wall to look at while picking up a Survivor you can bait the Flashlight if you just look down and wait 3 Seconds.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I thought you couldn't do the badham one anymore and it was patched?

• Carlosylu

Damn... I thought nobody knew about the moving grass...

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

Technician is op for stealthing gens being hard patrolled becuase it's really hard to hear it being worked on and combo it with calm spirit to counter docs

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

Heal. Not healing just gives him free orbs, even if he cant get 1 shot value this way, he still gets dash value. This is not Billy.

• Carlosylu

Yes, this, but not with self care for the love of god...

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

As Legion, tap the W key (or whatever forward button you use) during a vault to avoid the laggy teleport backwards that normally happens when you vault. This may also work for survivors or other actions, but I haven't tested that yet.