Small Sprint Burst-like perks nerf

So my idea is to instead of running whole 3 seconds at 150% speed with perks like Sprint Burst, Lithe, Adrenaline and Balanced Landing, you gain speed during first 1.5 seconds of run (you start at 100% at it quickly increases to 150%) and run rest 1.5 seconds at 150% speed. It would make exhaustion perks less OP and still make them viable. What do you think?

Comments

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

Yes, they are. They are one of the most used perks in the game, among Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike. They are also bugged and most of the time when you would hit a survivor that just activated their Sprint Burst, game stops your lunge and lets survivor run away uninjured.

This little nerf would probably fix this bug (game would detect hit way faster and let you injure them if they would hold for too long with activating Sprint Burst) and make exhastion perks more balanced.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

As a killer main, no. Those perks work as intended and the cooldown to use them again makes them fine as they are. Yes, it's annoying almost catching up to a survivor and having them sprinting away but it's all part of the game.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

I think the fact you can 99 per cent charge adrenaline running while also recover from exaution and use whenever you want is a little bit to much.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

The only broken one here is adrenaline, all the others are either fine (even tho sprint burst is pretty strong) or just trash (already nerfed balanced landing or lithe).

• inferjus

As someone who plays both sides, yes.

For real, why you have to say that you are "x" main? It changes nothing.

• Marcavecunc

It does change something. It's easy to say "this perk that's on my team's side is totally fine" or "that perk that's on the other team's totally broken and needs to be changed"

But yeah, I feel like speed boost perks (basically every exhaustion perk except Head On?) are fine the way they are. It's only 3 seconds, not as if it lasted 10 seconds.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

No, they aren't, besides the fact they have a 40 second cooldown that does not go down when running, they last very little and require certain skill to get use out of them

The fact that you don't know how to play around them does not make them OP

• inferjus

My balance idea does very little to the strenght of those perks and tweaks them greatly (wrote it above). I see no reason to not introduce it, but I respect your opinion.

• inferjus

I know how to play around them, do not accuse me of being noob when you clearly can not read. 40 seconds times goes down pretty quickly and when you crouch it goes even faster. I think it recharges too fast but I did not mention anything that it is unbalanced. Also they require 0 skill, you just have todo basic action like vaulting, falling or running (in case of SB you can start running before it recharges to activate it when you want). Don't put words into my mouth

• Marcavecunc

I mean I like the acceleration idea, but it would ultimately give the survivor less of a headstart if the effect still lasts the same 3 seconds, since the first half of that time is spent accelerating before reaching top speed.

• inferjus

I just would like to change meta a bit. You see the same survivor perks every game since its release.

• Marcavecunc

Good point. I agree it gets tiring to see everyone running the same #########. Bit why I like using lesser used perks.. both because I think most of the meta perks suck and don't fit my play style, and to bring something different to the game. It's fun surprising survivors when I bring less common perks that still make the game fun. Or finding perk combos I find useful when I play survivor, not to run the same build on everyone (which is also a reason I like different perks on different killers, sure I could run the same ######### on everyone but where's the fun in that)

• Magician
    Magician Member Posts: 75

I would say this right here. I am not killer main but the cooldown means that to effectively use them against a killer sprint burst must be kept and not used, which means walking or crawling everywhere. So even if the killer is after someone else, you might need to exhaust it to go ahead and get to a gen. The same is true for trying to save someone bc you might nees to exhaust it to get someone off the hook, otherwise you are walking there the whole time, which is tough to time properly. It is a great perk but honestly it causes some internal problems.

• Marcavecunc
    edited January 2020

Yeah Sprint Burst is my least favorite exhaustion perk because of that.. but at the same time, when I leveled up Meg when I first got the game, it taught me not to run everywhere I went..

I prefer Lithe over Sprint Burst though, and there are usually enough vault points to make the perk worth taking with me, unless I end up in Shelter Woods or Rotten Fields.

But a lot of survivors still prefer using Sprint Burst and walking/crouching around, and using the burst when I spot them to get away quickly.

• Magician

It is an easy perk to use bc it is always applicable, but it also makes you a target once the killer knows you have it. It is also very easy to exhaust and not have when you need it against good killers, so it kind of restricts how quickly gens are done. I don't think it needs to be nerfed. A lot of the time people crash into stuff in the middle of it anyway.

• Magician

The thing that I would say is that as long as someone is running, gens are not being done by that person. It is also wise to concede some gens on purpose to get a remaining cluster together. Try hard when two gens are done to concede one or two others so that the remaining gens are clustered together. You can't get everybody every game, but if you do that, most of the time it won't matter what the survivors can do, as getting the gates open will be extremely hard without dying out.

• inferjus

Depends on how skilled survivor is. Skilled survivors can use it pretty well.

• inferjus
    edited January 2020

Thanks for the tip, I already know about 3-gen strat. It is helpful, but it has nothing to do with SB. Thank you anyway!

Post edited by inferjus on
  • Magician

Yes of course. I know it is irritating to watch someone sprint away. I feel you. Try to make someone use it and just change course, or if in the open with the right character, go straight for them if you think you can cut a corner or close fast and proximity face camp once hooked till they are dead. I feel like too many people let survivors off hooks too easily. I mean really though. You know the other survivors are coming. It's bait. The other survivors realistically can't get more than 3 gens done and probably not even two b4 that person is dead bc someone always comes for the save. That type of play makes some people upset, but it is just tough. They have to deal with it. A lot of times the survivors only manage 1 gen in that situation, which afterward puts them in a horrible position with 3 survivors and 4 gens to complete. At that point the killer has a huge advantage and if you face camp again they are in serious trouble, because they might need 2 to 3 gens and only have 2 people left. Alternatively, sooner or later you will catch that person with sprint burst exhausted, or the game will be going on for a very long time. You should really try to force the issue with the last few gens. Good survivors will get gens done. You can't stop that. There are some killers who can close really fast too though. If you get two survivors, it is really kind of a small win, three a bigger win, and get them all and you dominated (max of 24 hits connecting on survivors). I had Billy one match and kept chainsawing between the last three gens. The game went on for like 30 minutes and they finally just gave up because it was near impossible to overcome. If a gen was turning, I knew where they were and kept randomizing which gen I would check on. Same with the hag. Put markers down on three close gens and the survivors are screwed. They have no idea whether you can teleport or not, which lots of times will cause sprint burst to be activated sporadically and in the wrong direction.

• inferjus

Yes, 3-gen strat is pretty powerful. It definitely makes easier to catch survivors, and those with SB are often exhausted when being in 3-gen area.

I don't like camping tho. I do it only when I know survivors are around or it's already too late to do anything different. Good survivors can punish killer hardly for camping.

• Magician
    edited January 2020

My favorite thing to see when I am a killer is two survivors dancing around trying to get someone off a hook, because then I know I will probably hook them all because they aren't using that time to do gens. I facecamp so hard and do not feel one bit sorry for it. I get mean messages for it after games. The survivors a lot of times just fall for that bait. It is their problem.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Also I think would be very nice if the strongest exaution be dead hard, because is more fun to use and is more skilled among these perks.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

I'm pretty sure that faster recovery while crouching isn't a thing anymore. As far as I know it was removed with the introduction of vigil or shortly after.

• inferjus

You are right, wiki says "Up to Patch 1.8.0, crouching would accelerate the recovery of the Exhaustion meter by 33 %.".