Killer should get less points for every hook of the same person in a row

ZoneDymo
ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

I know, who cares about points? but honestly I feel a killer should not get rewarded for tunneling, if you hook the same survivor 3 times in a row, that should heavily cost you bp and your emblem for that category imo

Post edited by ZoneDymo on

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

The killer shouldn't be punished for playing poorly?

ALSO PSA TO KILLERS: SURVIVORS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO WORK AS A TEAM, STOP SUGGESTING EVERYTHING SURVIVORS DO REQUIRE EXTREME COORDINATION. YOU ARE JUST WIDENING THE GAP BETWEEN SOLO AND SWF.

• Waffleyumboy

The killer will still be rewarded, they just will get slightly less bp. Chill out big boy.

• Waffleyumboy

Ok we already knew all of this. Why does any of this explain a slight change in the bp distribution for hooking survivors?

• Waffleyumboy

Oh yea emblem is ridiculous, it's hard enough to pip as is.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

You addressed my main concern with the OP's idea. I'd say a set amount of time would be a better route if they implemented something like that.

As an aside (yes, I know it's off the original topic). What would people think of a BP penalty to the objective category if survivors use a toolbox? Might slow the game a bit. Which in turn could help make killers feel less like they need to tunnel to win.

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

To put it nice no for a lot off reasons here are a few survivors rushing in to unhook someone right in front off the killers face why should the killer be punished and lose points due to a survivors act, a killer could go back to the hook after a unhook and run into the survivor or the survivor runs into the killer they just hooked just out luck are we meant to let them go even though you didn't tunnel them.

Survivors will abuse that knowing that if the killer hooks them again they get punished so they will try and get the killer to chase them knowing this, that's just a few reasons why it's a bad idea even if you wanted to try to add that what do the killers get for hooking each survivor once before they hook them a 2nd time take BP and emblem of the survivor?

• Waffleyumboy

Ah yes did you see my suggestion? It means survivors get less points for rushing gens :)

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

The problem is it's not a fair change at all and trying to force killers into not hooking a survivor even if the survivor or the team makes mistakes, a fair change would be something that benefits both sides all that change will do is buff survivors even more.

• Waffleyumboy

I don't think a slight bp distribution change for killers will buff survivors, I think it will just subconsciously encourage killers to think about survivors' experience more often. On the flipside, rushing gens won't even give that many objective points so survivors will bring less toolbox squads that ruin the game. Both of my changes will only benefit the experience for both sides(more bp for killers who avoid tunneling, more bp for survivors who don't rush gens).

• Waffleyumboy

Hey you're doing this wrong! You're supposed to accept all killer biased viewpoints without question or counterargument.

Good points.

• Waffleyumboy

I was suggesting a buff to killer's overall bp, with a small stipend that makes hooking the same survivor over and over less efficient for bp gains. This means BONUS bp for risking going after a healthy person, not LOST bp for tunneling. Sure hooking the same survivor 3 times in a row will get you less bp than before, but I think hooking the same survivor twice in a row(within a certain time frame) would have pretty much the same bp as now. Just a small reward for those that are considerate, just like objective points will reward those who are considerate enough to not bring a toolbox.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,946

If it's in extremely short time periods then ight I guess

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Disagree my friend. I do and I don't even slug the injured guy. Just go around and get the unhooker. But I also don't care about rank anymore and have switched to majority of survivor.

I myself despise tunneling off the hook. I think it is as low skill a tactic as a killer can get.

But that said it is part of the game and deserves no punishment. But if you are a tunneling killer you lose your right to complain about ds, gen rush, and looping. You are kinda asking for it. Imo.

• Waffleyumboy

"It's ridiculous that I can't ruin a survivor's experience without even a slight repercussion"

I get camping during end game you shouldn't lose points but dbd would lose players very fast if camping first hook with noed became the meta for ranking up as killer.

• Waffleyumboy

Yes you are immune because you can't be hooked...when did you become so biased?

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I only do it, when I feel me highly annoyed by a survivor. In this case, bps interesst me not anymore (they do it anyways not much). So the less bps are ok by me, but still... The logic behind it...

But I assume gen rushing costs also players. Imo, dbd is so big that it can have for everyone something to hate, but in the best case you find something, that you also like and what you makes keep playing the game.

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

Survivors dont get awarded a safe unhook until 30 seconds pass without downing the unhooked. I think 30 seconds is a fair amount of time to reduce bp for killer downing that survivor as well, since there really isn't any challenge in downing a guy off hook.

Rehooking should still reward the same though, since DS and BT are a thing so the killer is taking a risk going after someone immediately off hook

• Waffleyumboy

Killers lose emblem points for camping already dude...

• Waffleyumboy

I guess that makes sense, which is why dbd desperately needs a second objective.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I agree with you here as well. I just hate spending the game in chase because killer is too insecure in his tracking skills to chase someone else.

A tunneling killer should lose if you have good teamates. But there are so many potatoes out there that it makes it even worse when your running them and no gennys get done.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Yeah whole whopping 6-12% camping penalty for full facecamp. You get higher emblem penalty for survivors just healing from injured to healthy compared to that. Also survivors have significant emblem penalty for not unhooking survivors far bigger then the camping penalty. That makes it seems like emblems encourage to feed campers so don't really rely on them in the matters of what is legit and what is not.

It's different to put very slight discouragements that have many conditions that disable them compared to out right deleting their BP and emblems for their desired playstyle no matter how unfun it may be for the other side.

Emblems have many very questionable decisions in them and don't measure skill as devs seems to think as well by implementing new MMR system. They're just there to encourage more fun gameplay and push good players away from the bad ones that die right at the start. If you heavily punish killer for these strategies emblem wise you'll just send them to easier games with new survivors who'll quit essentially killing any new playerbase.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited February 2020

While I understand where you are coming from-killer main by the way- I disagree simply because of SWF. As a killer if I don't want to get curb stomped by certain com SWF groups making sure a certain person is out quickly is my only real way to equalize the powers.

EG: if a comms users has Objecto f obsession I can not do ANYTHING that will not be commed to the rest of the survivors. Taking out tthe OOO is something forced on me by the players tatically and it would be wise for me to do so. Same with clear taunting survivors and one of them having a mechanics boss great skill checking gen jocky.

I appreciate that tunneling is not fun for survivors and that tactics should be averted that spoil the game for EITHER side. In the games current state this would not be a fair system to implement.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

If you end up with a bad team, do what you can, and either take the sacrifice or abuse hatch mechanic. If you don't already know where the hatch is, or if you know the killer will get to the hatch before you can jump through it in the time it takes the last survivor to die - Stake Out (hah pun), the door furthest from the hatch. By the time the Killer closes the hatch and walks back to the furthest door (even longer if they check the door nearest to them), you will already have it open and out before they get to you. Spine Chill also increases the speed you open the exit gate.

When I say "Take the sacrifice", you can double pip and die as survivor. Survivors dying does not directly mean you lost - even though it should.

Before anyone says "Pipping doesn't mean winning", actually it does. It's the thing in the game that is tracking how well you did, and how much of a reward you earn for how well you did. It's telling you if you "won" or not.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

What is gen rushing anyway? I've been in matches where gens pop fast. I usually just assume its my fault for not getting anyone off of generators. I mean, I don't expect survivors to take turns working on gens...

• FrozenTvDinner
    FrozenTvDinner Member Posts: 16

Or you can git gud!!! And do a better job of hiding!!!

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

I wonder if that would work as a perk. Every time a generator is completed, all other gens are blocked by the entity for 30 seconds 🤔

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

Why though? isnt the killers main objective to kill? why should they get punished for doing it fast?

They already get punished for killing survivors really early in the game (like all of them in one hook)

• D3Demon
    D3Demon Member Posts: 9

If this is implemented, some mf nameplates better be added.

1. So if I ever see OP in my game, I can tunnel em'

And 2. So in every other game if I'm coming back to a hook because I dead ass just walked away from it after rank reset, I can at least have a split millisecond to see that the survivor that's dead ass turning a corner to give me a big bear hug I can avoid smacking...

I get tunneling is a problem for some. But if I suggest anything, just make it a credited kill if the player dips over being insta-gibbed or something while implementing a snare to the killer to equate for the timelapse of the would be carried survivor.

This game has enough issues... I can only imagine the abuse here of having some piece of sht adrenaline rushing in front of me as the trapper or something just to screw me out of BP... The possibilities of killing the already dwindling community over something like this? Endless...

Most killers... KILLERS. Not abusers, they're supposed to kill you.. Rarely get the entire team. I feel like people are now just being that one kid when we grew up who tried to add rules to a game that didn't exist just so that they'd stop getting picked on in tag. I'll stop ranting now...

TLDR: This would get abused. I vote no.