Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stealth Doesn't Exist Anymore, So Stop Trying

A long, long, looooong time ago being stealthy worked very effectively, and it wasn't looked down upon like it is now. Now players have to use ALL perk slots in order to be stealthy, and it (most of the time) doesn't even work. Not like it used to, anyway.

In order to be stealthy now, you have to use Urban Evasion, Iron Will, Calm Spirit, Lucky Break, Light Weight, Quick and Quiet, Dance With Me, Poised, MAYBE Balanced Landing, and others I'm probably forgetting about. "So what's the big deal?" I hear you ask! Well, immersed players are too scared to do ANYTHING! If you're hooked, they won't come for you. Generators need to get done? They won't do them. And players who play very immersed generally don't do well in chases, so they ultimately won't be any help to the team in ANY WAY. They'll be too busy crouching around the map with Urban Emersion.

Stealth isn't a thing in the game anymore, not with the survivors breathing like life time smokers! Wether you're walking, running, in a locker, the killer WILL hear you! And that's not even mentioning the super loud grass, footsteps and noises the survivors make when they do an action. Also, the killers have eyes, too. Except Demo, but, ya know?

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

A voice among the darkness! I'm tired of seeing these 'You can't play X way' type posts honestly. Just let people play how they want to. It's not hurting anyone

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

You are wrong. All I need is Spine Chill and Urban Evasion. I can go the whole match without the killer ever finding me unless I screw up or have to go for a save or take aggro off of someone who has already been hooked.

All it takes is situational awareness. It’s harder against stealth like Ghostface and Michael. Michael makes me want to leap into his strong, muscular arms, Piggy lures me in with the temptation of booping her glorious snoot and Silent Wraith just gives me a stroke.

• Eathian
    Eathian Member Posts: 82

I'd like to put the following up for consideration

Iron Will

Urban Evasion

Lightweight

Adrenaline

• Tokkern
    Tokkern Member Posts: 74

Dude stop being biased pls. A dying survivor is complete silent atm. Why do you try so hard to prove that playing survivor is hard. It's not

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Lol what? Where in my comment am I being survivor biased? I've even mentioned that the complaint from killers is that the sound is bugged. Also do you even spend any time on the forums? I am like the loudest voice for favoring Killers. 🤣🤣🤣

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Stealth is far more then just those perks. Stealth is essencial part of the GAME KNOWLEDGE. Stealth is the ability to predict which way will killer use to get the fastest from the hooked person to gens and react appropriately so that you don't run into them. It's to know when and where to hide and if it's even safe to hide in that spot. It's far more then people make it to be, an immpersed player just hiding all game doing nothing. Real stealth players are those who do gens and make safe unhookes without BT while also beiing good in chase not just hiding but they know when it's SMARTER to hide.

It's a pity that people look down on stealth so much. I can't agree with you, stealth is very much alive and extremely important part of the game. Yes it's not very meta to be really stealthy but having good knowledge of the stealth and how to properly use it can win games as much as beiing god at looping.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Lmao, honestly! Your comments just SCREAM killer bias! 💀

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

You're a very rational guy aren't you?

Stealth is still viable- yes there are killers and perks that make it easier to find you, but Survivors can make build to easily hide and escape. I can't tell you how many times Spine Chill saved me letting me know when to run, when to work and when to hide. Not to mention other good perks like Iron Will, or non-stealth perks that can still help like Dead Hard.

Immersed players like you're describing are usually low ranked because they depip from not doing anything. If you look at immersed Red or Purple rank survivors, they can be some of the hardest working on their team.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited February 2020

Stealth is still viable. Avoiding the killer, predicting their movement, and knowing when to hide and when to run takes game knowledge and skill. Using perks like Iron Will, Dance With Me, Quick and Quiet, etc...are great for throwing off the killer because good killers rely on sounds just as much they do their eyes. If you waste the killers time by having them check your area and effectively avoiding them can win the game for survivors since killers are on a time crunch.

Hiding in a bush or corner and crossing your fingers that the killer is blind isn’t stealth.

Stealth is still an extremely viable option for survivors.

• Number22
    Number22 Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2020

Speak for yourself. I use bond, deliverance, self care and lithe, and I'm still capable of avoiding the killer, hiding and being stealthy. Not all the time of course, and maybe not as much as I could with those perks, but it definitely is possible and does exist....? It's kind of a matter of knowing when to run, when to hide, anticipating the killer's movements, and using your environment to your advantage. Not just the perks you have. Last night I played 4 games where the killer didn't see me ONCE 😂. Kept circling trees and objects as the killer was searching the area for survivors. In one match, the killer came 3 times to a gen I was working on, and I kept stopping and crouch walking and circling the gen when they would come to break it. It took them four times to notice me because I messed up on anticipating their movement and went counterclockwise, then I got chased into the cornfields and did a loop, lost the killer and went back and popped the gen. We escaped and I only got smacked once.

Stop thinking that your experiences are the absolute representation of dead by daylight experiences. Just because you can't do something or have trouble with something doesn't mean it's the same for everyone or "doesn't exist." Maybe you should start trying more to gain experience and skill in avoiding the killer. You know what they say about practice

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

It's not that stealth can't exist more like people have a hard time doing it.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

All I need is night shroud.

Or to just.....use my ears and eyes and my knowledge of a killers pov to be hidden....it isn't that hard.

• Umbrae_pk

ESPECIALLY when survivors are so easy to see and SO loud!

• Seltas0208

This was gonna be a ghostface being a survivor joke...but it fell faster than ruin did out of the meta

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

True most people also dnt know how to use the environment to make it so they can hide. It's not brain surgery either. The issue with Stealth overall is is has little reward for it, but if done right is pretty fun. Nothing like a killer never finding you all match and discovering they have BBQ tho.

• Umbrae_pk

I actually quite enjoyed both of those jokes, to be honest.

• Seltas0208

I'm glad you find senses a funny matter.

But seriously. If you know about the killers FOV it'll make stealth a whole lot easier. And sound is bugged at the moment making it even easier

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

Killers leave hooks?? I thought that was only me... 90% of games I play since Ruin change, it is camp and tunnel central for killers.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

The only thing about stealth is if you're successfully evading the killer, the killer is probably hammering on your teammates and bringing them close to elimination.

Purposely trying to get the killers attention when the other survivors are one hook away from sacrifice and not being noticed is a feels bad moment.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Bill's the smoker. 😎

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Sry to break it down to ya but I'm a rank 10-8 survivor and stealth works for me most of the time. If I have spine chill I have a small window of opportunity to think my next move and evade the killer. It is the only stealth perk I use. Other than that alert or/and iron will are secondary perks that are easily replaced. After those I prefer balance landing (maybe lithe I haven't unlocked spring burst yet) and last but not least self-care. Self care is the only perk I use that is related with my team's behavior. If my team wants to heal me,great. If not, self care backs me up.

There are a lot of perks and add-ons that completely ruin stealth but it is manageable to some degree!

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

I can definitely say with how broken sounds are lately Stealth definitely, annoyingly, works.