The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is dcing against the new Doc a norm?

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I swear, it feels like nearly every other match I run, somebody dcs, or suicides on first hook. I've been playing him primarily to get rid of all the bp offerings I've had wasting away on him for the last year, and have enjoyed him for the most part. But this steady rise of dcing is sapping that enjoyment. This going to be another Spirit fiasco?

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

cant say I experienced it so far

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I feel like people already DC'ed against the Doctor, even before he was changed, but now might be worse, since he is stronger and I have seen most Doctor players using ultra rare add-ons, which makes it worse. But people DC against any killer, sometimes even before they are hooked for the first time. It's pathetic.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I experienced it a couple times shortly after his rework was released, but it seems to have slowed down. There's two reasons that Survivors are doing this (not counting IRL situations):

1. They're salty that Doctor is now a strong Killer and are trying to get him nerfed. They know how effective DCs can be, so they're just going to DC until all of the Killers play by the Survivor Rulebook. These DCs mainly happen in the middle of the game.
    2. They're simply tired of playing against him since his pick rate increased. These DCs will probably happen at the beginning of the game when they figure out that the Killer is Doctor.
  • bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

as a new doc player i have definitely seen quite a few dc's. i never camp or tunnel except a couple of times when i've been gen rushed.

pathetic reasons:

first survivor gets hit, not hook, but hit for the first time...dc

first hooked...dc

i was chasing a survivor, second survivor runs infront of me protecting 1st survivor, i get the second hooked...

when i'm doing well...dc

one time 3 survivors trying to protect 1st survivor in the beginning of game, i hit two of them and hook the 1st...dc

not doing so well cos 1 crazy survivor keeps taunting me even when i move away, meg comes back and does it again. 3 survivors make the exit, i hook her...dc

probably more reasons that i can't think of right now

it really isn't fair especially when killer is rank 17-15 face 8-7 survivors, or killer rank 14-13 face rank 4 survivors

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    edited February 2020

They’re already asking for nerfs three posts above yours.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Yes. People think he’s op now, unfun, and would rather dc and move on than play against him. I get why, he is insufferable.

• NoRestarts
    NoRestarts Member Posts: 44

If that were the case, people would just let themselves get hooked and suicide

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

He also have some missions on the tome, hence the increase in doc numbers.

• bomb1720
    edited February 2020

why should other team mates and the killer, who like the doc, suffer? there are plenty of people who like the doc...

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • NoRestarts
    NoRestarts Member Posts: 44

Life is pain, anyone that tells you different is selling you something

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

I seen a Yui the other day intentionally tey to get the plagues attention the other day by sliding across the pallet. But the Plague ignored her so yui dced.

• bomb1720
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

While ds was bugged against doc I saw high amount of dc's as all doctors just tunneled. Now its back to normal 1-2 dc per game.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

one match I got instant dc on first down because he failed to use a near-safe pallet properly (didn't drop it on first loop) and then 2nd person dc'd right after. other match was fine but person who got 2nd hooked in basement gave up

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

I certainly don't approve of it but I can understand the frustration. When the killer came out updated, it was impossible to find a lobby with a different killer. And it is very unfun playing against the same killer over and over again. Even now in PS4 Red Ranks, we got a doctor 3 out of 4 games. That can make gameplay super stale.

• PB182
    PB182 Member Posts: 80

Gone up against doctor 7 times in a row yesterday. Boring af didn't DC but just ran around like an idiot dropping fireworks. But I don't blame people for disconnecting, some have good reason too.

• bomb1720

it is not just the doc where you can face him multiple times in a row!

what about billy, ghostface, bubba, freddy?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

There werent. There were players that stopped playing.

Theres a difference between not playing, and disconnecting, ruining the game for everyone else.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

There were both. Some stopped playing, some decided to take it out on the survivors they played against by intentionally ruining their games.

• KrispiesChicken
    KrispiesChicken Member Posts: 171

Actually it's not even that, even with doctor I hit the skill checks at least 90% of the time. It's really not that difficult. Even with unnerving presence. I DC against doc because it's just honestly so frustrating. His terror radius affects a decent sized area, especially with distressing and then to get a small map like haddonfield or Giddeon. You can't win because he always knows where you're at, and if his terror radius shock doesn't get you, most high rank killers run BBQ, so the doc always knows your location so you can't really win against it. And looping a doctor is very difficult, it's up there with looping a clown. I just feel his rework is a little too strong

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339

You should check out Bricky's store. He has a Doc Shock Tee with docs face above 4 disconnect logos. I have one myself 😄

• Only2Megabytes
    Only2Megabytes Member Posts: 37

It screws over your teammates most likely ending up in them losing and ruining their fun. Killers get more bp for downing you and hooking you 3 times than you dcing on your first down or immediately. Dcing is also against the rules.

Basically you not having fun doesn't justify ruining everyone elses.

• UpsettingDruid0
    UpsettingDruid0 Member Posts: 20

I honestly get upset playing against doctor right now, and it's not because of the rework. I started running calm spirit once killers started running infectious and still run it to this day, but every doctor decides it's tunnel time once they find out. Even with DS and everything else, I either remove it and suffer the consequences, or run it and also suffer.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited February 2020

I wouldn't say only Doc. I have been seeing DC's from both sides since the update. Survivors haven't really changed much, they always DC when things don't go their way - because they are pissed off and know that by doing so is denying the Killer points. So it's more of a punishment for Killer than it is for yourself when you DC as survivor.

Killer's have started to DC because they don't want to waste time in a game that is being ended quickly. When they have a mere second que time to get into a better match.

At the same time, I think even more people also understand that DCing had always been the biggest and fastest way to tell Dev's somethings not right (in their opinion).

DBD 2020: The DC Reckoning

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

DCing is just an issue in general. If things aren't going the survivors way or they simply don't like it, DC. But it's definitely more common against doc. I took a break from the game for about a month or 2 and came back for a bit to try the new Doc. On my first match back I got 3 DCs. I was rank 14 they were all rank 8. Then as I reached rank 12 i started going against rank 3s, even then they were DCing a lot.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I haven't noticed very many DC's in my Doc games. But I don't camp or tunnel like most Doc players seem to.

• picigu9
    picigu9 Member Posts: 50

People disconnect when I beat them as clown. It gets really annoying, because they think they are going to win due to me playing "the worst killer" so they try to bully me, and then cry when they find out that a have even half a brain cell. It gets to a point where it stops being funny.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited February 2020

Dcing for anything that you deem unfun, unfair, or just about any reason, or even when you have literally 0 reason at all, is the norm. Always has been, apparently always will be.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I disconnected against a doctor last time I played and its been a few days. Still don't feel bad about it. The game spawned the doctor on top of me, got sandbagged by my rescuer at a pallet.

So doc beelines for me again since I got revealed so I was like okay let me be your tour guide. Then you know the downstairs badham safe pallet? Got shocked so I couldn't use it.

There legit wasn't anything I could really do that match but I instantly got into a better game and had lots of fun. I wouldn't have had that great game if I didn't leave the doctor game. Sometimes you just have to.

• Rmgaming98275
    Rmgaming98275 Member Posts: 14

I haven't seen anyone dc or kill themselves against a doc yet but how odd

• TeddyR
    TeddyR Member Posts: 46

I like new doc and all but like ive been playing killers who tunnel and camp, im rank 5 and fighting ######### rank 15s why

• SL33PY
    SL33PY Member Posts: 71

Another thing to consider is the doctor has 2 challenges in the tome so a lot of people are probably playing him for those as well. I believe one has to do with his ability and one is for the overcharge perk. So anyone that doesn’t have the teachable overcharge would have to use doctor

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

because theyre bad players and cant handle having to have some form of skill and knowledge to beat a killer, iv been perfectly happy going against him, first few games were rough but i got a good tactic against him now. people will create reasons like he`s OP, its boring to verse him all the time etc. but end of the day he`s new, of course people want to play him, he wasnt very good before so its nice to see a killer thats been in the game ages actually get played! there are plenty of killers i never see and thats because the killers themselves arent very good, survivor is already easy enough so i dont blame killers wanting to play those who are new or stronger... like do hags,demo,myers,bubba,wraith,clown,legion really ever get played much? i think over the past 60 survivor games i had 1 of those... kinda stupid, but im all for the bans so hopefully it will sort these babys out

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I don't mind playing him, but I HATE playing against him. He needs some tweaks.

• ResistanceAROG
    ResistanceAROG Member Posts: 5

I feel you man. These kids attack you for being good and send the nastiest messages. I love the doctors rework. No killer is too good. I just played a match as The Shape and everyone DC'd almost immediately to allow just 1 player to escape and they see it as victorious. I accept that everytime they DC it's because they simply suck. Survivors are ruining our game. 2 years or so ago the game was excellent. Now all these little kids running around ruining the fun for everyone. The toxicity is out of control and I don't think the devs understand that the killers are bread and butter. The one person they should listen to they ignore and it's the killers.

I play both sides evenly and always have fun. Only time it sucks is when people DC. I accept the tunneling and face camping because i always have counters to them and I'm good at chases.

I wanna post a pic of the game I had where they all DC except 1 but I can't figure why it won't accept it.

I'm new here btw so any advice on posting pics and vids is appreciated.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

There's a little paper clip icon in the spot below where you type your comment, it'll let you post pictures.

I do agree about 2 years ago. Bring back infinite and stop entity blockers, open up all the windows and bring decisive back. Back then survivors had the tools to deal with being tunneled. Now the killer will get you eventually through bloodlust unless you lose them. Something hard to do when you're screaming constantly.

I love it. Hope I helped.