End of road map?

Options
Okuu46
Okuu46 Member Posts: 93
Since where getting closer to the last killer release on the road map; which is spring next year; do you guys think their going to stop adding killers and survivors to the game after they reach the end of this road map?

Comments

• Okuu46
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

No? This is like asking if time stops at the end of the calendar. They'll just get a new roadmap.

Yes; but i fear the game will no longer be as popular; and they will stop after this road map is complete?

They probably wont have another road map for next year, maybe?
  • Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    Options

How many killers/survivors do you think they'll have in the game before they stop?

• Okuu46
    Options
    Dr_Trauts said:

How many killers/survivors do you think they'll have in the game before they stop?

I think i heard somewhere they want about 15 to 20 killer and survivors; but im not sure on it :/
  • JEWberry
    JEWberry Member Posts: 78
    Options

They will probably reach a point where they will slow down the amount of new killers and survivors and just focus on new perks and maps instead. Or they will start the development of DBD2 if the game loses a lot of popularity. Honestly they would be missing out on a bunch of money if they stop making killers/survivors or don't make a sequel

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Options
    JEWberry said:

They will probably reach a point where they will slow down the amount of new killers and survivors and just focus on new perks and maps instead. Or they will start the development of DBD2 if the game loses a lot of popularity. Honestly they would be missing out on a bunch of money if they stop making killers/survivors or don't make a sequel

I’m actually curious of how they’re going to end the game, tbh. I wonder how many more survivors and killers they’re going to keep putting out and if DBD2 is gonna be any better than this one which I highly doubt.
  • Damaho
    Damaho Member Posts: 44
    Options

@Okuu46 said:
    Orion said:

No? This is like asking if time stops at the end of the calendar. They'll just get a new roadmap.

Yes; but i fear the game will no longer be as popular; and they will stop after this road map is complete?

They probably wont have another road map for next year, maybe?

They will obviously do another road map for next year. If you look to the top left, you can read "Year 3 Road Map". When we reached the end of the road map, it won't be year 3 any more, so we'll get a road map for year 4.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

After spending 12 million dollars for the rights of their game, i´d say they plan on going on for awhile.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options
    This game still has a couple years left since BHVR just got full rights for the game.
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

Seeing as the Devs see it as "Year 3 is only the beginning" I think it's safe to say they plan to go on for as long as the game continues and it's still going pretty solid.

http://archive.deadbydaylight.com/posts/2018/this-is-only-the-beginning/

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311
    Options

If we're talking estimates and guesses, pessimistic me would say 2 years tops after Year 3.
    Optimistically 4 extra years after Year 3.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

With the end of the roadmap coming I am curious what they plan to do with leaderboards/seasonal rewards. But maybe they droped that completely as they realized that their game isnt competitive

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    I say they will support and add til it hits about 5yrs. During that time im sure DBD2 has been conceptually talked about etc. So by YR 5 id expect some news on that or a new title altogether. But i see a polished DBD2 in the future. Now with all these carbon copies around, im sure they wanna blow them out the water.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Once they reach the end of the road map they will likely just continue on as usual. So long as there is money to be made there will be no reason to stop releasing updates, characters and cosmetics. DBD is still in a state that is unsatisfactory with balance. Alot of issues still need to be addressed and it wont all be fixed by the end of this road map guaranteed. If the devs just stopped supporting the game full stop come spring and called DBD complete it would kill the game.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Options
    We are almost at the fall chapter with 8 months after that.

I want to see more anti-cheat, better toxity tools, ladder system, and several new modes going forward.....way before "dbd 2" is even considered.

People love this game and want it to grow and become so much more.

Have hope. (and then feed the entity..lol.)
  • Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    Options
    I hope there are some years left. And when we are done here: DbD2
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options

Here is all my guesses for the next roadmap

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@FayeZahara said:

What about photoshopping the Chapter numbers?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Add some optimization for consoles and that's my dream roadmap right there!!!
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

You didnt add the Freddy rework/Cube because its not happening, am I right? :P
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    Options

People, companies, do not stop anything until it is no longer profitable.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

People, companies, do not stop anything until it is no longer profitable.

• FayeZahara
    Options

@PigNRun said:
    FayeZahara said:

You didnt add the Freddy rework/Cube because its not happening, am I right? :P

I felt it be done by spring end of roadmap and will be a new power. But i feel worried won't fill my need for an immersive Freddy again.

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    FayeZahara said:

Add some optimization for consoles and that's my dream roadmap right there!!!

Yes console optimization can understand and hope for after dedicates servers around time of nintendo switch release. Cause it might be in worse state then xbox and needs some optimization. The only thing i would also change is that and remember chapters are new numbers xD

• FayeZahara
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@FayeZahara said:

What about photoshopping the Chapter numbers?

Yeah forgot to do that with paint