What killer gets the most survivor dcs overall?

I know right now it’s the doc due to him being quite op and unfun, but before his buff, which killer do you notice gets the most dcs in your games? I honestly think it might be Oni or Wraith from what I’ve seen lately. You?

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I'd say Billy.

Every single Billy match is the same slug fest with IF. That tends to cause a lot of DC's.

• rikaa
    rikaa Member Posts: 81
    edited February 2020

Exactly. I do not actually respect slugging when it is used unneccessarily, with a build and from the beginning of the game. Just killers who like self aggrandizement and being toxic usually bring it. In other scenarios surelly it is OK to slug, tunnel or camp. I also DC in this condition. I hate being on the ground and doing nothing. So I DC. Neither me nor the killer will get that much BP.

Post edited by rikaa on
  • ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Can you upload a vid of you as survivor going against doc, so we can learn to be as awesome as you?

• LegionGhostface
    LegionGhostface Member Posts: 162

doc isn’t op lol, he’s still a b-tier killer. and i’d say people usually DC against a spirit. i usually don’t play her cause it’s unfair and not fun imo, but i did it for the archive challenges and my first game as her, 3/4 survivors DCed

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Pretty sure basement camping Faco Leatho must have raked up some DC's

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I understand why killers slug and it is perfectly fine to slug...sometimes you have to to win.

But when you are Billy or Nurse with Infectious Fright and you have five gens up and you’re slugging all survivors and 2 of them bleed out, it is just unnecessary. What’s the point? Nobody is going to get that many bloodpoints and the match is boring for both sides.

Thankfully I rarely run into this. I vividly remember a really good Nurse and a Billy bringing BPS and slugged us all with Infectious Fright. Weirdly enough both maps were Yamaoka. I just don’t get the point of killing the entire team in three minutes by slugging (when not needed) with BPS.

• MegMain98

The DC epidemic started when old Legion was released because NOBODY wanted to face Legion, which I understand why. I gotta say Old Legion got the most overall DC’s.

Prayer Beads Spirit used to get a lot of DC’s (Spirit in general gets a lot of DC’s). Killers who slug a lot (especially Nurse and Billy). Basement Bubba, etc....

Oddly enough, I rarely get survivors who DC on the rare occasion I bring a mori. They rarely quit during the loading screen nor suicide on hook.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    ELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 42

If you start in the dream world against a Freddy I’ve seen people dc straight away other than that probably doctor and huntress but that’s because people dont like having to play a different style of play to win 🤷‍♂️

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

My experience as a killer, Doctor (even before the rework)

• Infested
    Infested Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2020

Whenever I play leatherface even if I'm not slugging or camping I get a DC every single time.

And that's at red ranks

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

Ppos finally banned I see

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209

In my experience spirit, there is little to no cou ter play against a decent spirit so indont even really blame people who dc against her though I hate playing for the same reason

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited February 2020

I would say, that would have been also the perfect time to end it.

Would bhvr in this time have punish everyone who is doing it with bans, not nearly as much would do it today.

That is at least my experience as admin in other communitys.

If you see something like this rising up, you need to deal with it fast and ruthless, or it goes out of control.

Instead, some devs still use dcing as an argument for the Legion rework, even today (and encouraging with it those dcing guys imo).

I don't feel there any pity for bhvr. It was in my eyes, there own fault, that this situation has develop as she had. The only sad part of it is, that the playerbase has to suffer under it.

• MegMain98

I know so many players DC’ed against old Legion. When a good majority of the playerbase DC’s against something, it’s a good indication that something isn’t balanced. I hate using the term “it’s not fun or fair” but that was Legion in a nutshell. Nothing you could do in a change would change the fact that you were going to go down and you didn’t have to opportunity to counterplay it at all. At least with killers like Spirit, you have the opportunity for SOME kind of counterplay even if normally you’d die within 30 seconds.

When you get a 4 man DC and can’t have a proper game without survivors leaving it’s doesn’t just make them “entitled and whiney”. Something is seriously wrong. No other killer got as many DC’s as old Legion. The devs had to do something.

I don’t agree with the changes they made to Legion. I don’t agree with the entire design of Legion, but what’s done is done. They can still change Legion 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Talmeer
    edited February 2020

-I have write my last posting not as a Legion main - what I am - more as an former admin of some community portals, with forums, chats and so on.

-The Legion had counterplay, as long we speak about the Legion. If we talk about the Legion with certain and I bet often used addons, then not. I know this, because I had play the Legion without addons, like I do it today also.

-I don't give toxic behavior any recognition. If someone dislikes aspects of the game, he can write in the forums, or let a bad review on the steam dbd page.

However, what you are should not do in my eyes, is exploiting, cheating, harassing other players and dcing. If one starts to do it, I am not interessted anymore in what he is thinking and I either stop doing what I am doing, or I do the one thing that will possible upset him the most.

If dbd really likes to get rid of dcing, the whole community needs imo stop to find "reasons" for toxic behavior. Especially since the devs were to weak, to ban everyone to a time where the situation whas controllable.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

The reign of trolling has come to an end.

• MegMain98
    edited February 2020

Using the “moonwalk exploit” and Frank’s Mix Tape had literally zero counterplay except hope the Legion was terrible and missed all 28 of their swings. Even base Legion had very little to no counterplay. I don’t see how old Legion had ANY counterplay other than cross your fingers the Legion was bad.

Don’t get me wrong. Legion wasn’t a good killer, but it wasn’t an enjoyable experience to have nothing to counterplay the Legion with. You felt cheated. Darn. What could I have done better? Nothing.

Again. Having a large portion of the playerbase DC against something is a very telling sign that something needs to be changed.

Players are never going to play against something they don’t like. Making DC’s bannable won’t do anything. People will either AFK or suicide on hook. You’ll never force people to play against something they don’t want to.

I do agree on the harassment and exploits though. It’s uncalled for and needs no recognition.

• Talmeer
    edited February 2020

Look... If something happens like dcing imo, the topic shifts away from XYZ is unbalanced (as example) to this very toxic behavior.

If you ignore this - no matter which reason you have for it - you give a small percentage of toxic people the possibility to spread their vein.

And if you do it, it will not stop anymore. Then more and more people start doing it and more and more people coming up with "excuses" for it.

That is the very reason why you have to hit this guys in the beginning and you have to hit them hard.

If you don't do it, for whatever reason, a situation will develop as we have it today.

And today we have in dbd a huge amount of people that think, that their toxic behavior is ok. Just because its their nature, or they justify it with some crude viewpoints.

Bhvr has make the mistake to not act in the moment were it would have been possible, but that doesn't mean that I have to change my viewpoint about it.

If 99% of the playerbase would be toxic because of some unbalanced thing, I would not care, just to make things not even worse as they are in the moment. Instead I would listen to the 1% who is able to write threads in a forum and so on.

If you act differently, you will always have to struggle with what has dbd to struggle today and the situation today hurts dbd more as every unbalanced thing before, imo.

Btw. were Franks Mixtape and the exploits the op things, that I have not use (like other addons).

A Legion without those things had much counterplay as some tutorial videos have shown on YouTube. Why did you think, have all those whiny streamers that have complain about the Legion, always shown the Legion with those op things?

The answer is: Otherwise they would have not been able to show a op Legion.

The basekit of the Legion today is stronger as the basekit of the Legion back then. It makes less fun imo, but that doesn't change the fact that the Legion today has a stronger basekit.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

I think what is more the problem is that, while people had an understandable reason to disconnect versus old Legion, it is also exactly those people who tend to disconnect today when something isn't going their way.

So the disconnect wave versus original Legion would have been a good opportunity to sort out alot of the bad seeds within the Dead by Daylight community.

• MegMain98

I’m not condoning players DC’ing, but all this toxic behavior you speak of has always been in the game. Players have always DC’ed and BM’ed their opponent whether it be the survivor or killer. It’s just that DC’s went through the roof when Legion was dropped. It was a dark period in DBD.

We aren’t going to agree but look at it this way. Legion could stab at the air five times like an idiot and still continue to do so until it eventually hit the survivor. It took zero skill to use Legion. You couldn’t use vaults or pallets on them, they would just vault and down you with no counterplay other than as I said...hope they are bad. It’s fine if you don’t agree but that’s my stance on old Legion.

And just because streamers made complains about a killers doesn’t make them whiney. Players have the right to voice their opinion. If players never voiced their opinion we would still have five blink Nurse, Prayer Beads, vacuum pallets, old BNP, etc...if a majority of the playerbase didn’t like old Legion, why did that make them “whiney”?

Old Legion could activate their power without it being fully recharged (I believe, correct me if I am wrong), had a shorter fatigue, could stab the air and have MULTIPLE chances to hit survivors like a madman with no cooldown MULTIPLE times, a faster vault animation, and could down survivors while in Feral Frenzy. How is current Legion’s basekit better than old Legion?

• Ev13698324
    Ev13698324 Member Posts: 61

I'd imagine billy or spirit.

Also, how tf is doc OP.

• Talmeer
    edited February 2020

The old Legion (just basekit Legion) could at a maximum hit 2 times the same survivor with dw, before frenzy was over.

3 times if you had a really potato for you (or the surv was afk). Something that not so often happens as some assume.

Every number above that is not realistic and is either exaggeration, or it had happen from a Legion with addons.

The Legion was changed a lot, but with the rework, bhvr had made Legions frenzy duration and basemovement speed longer.

While frenzy is a toothless abilitie - since it didn't kill anyone and has a ton of restricitions - the pure fact that it is longer as the old frenzy, helps the Legion a lot, if we forget the fun and just thinking on success.

You see it also on the official killrate stats. The pre patch Legion was the second worst killer. Only the Clown was worse, if I remember me correctly.

The Legion today has the.... what was it? 7, or 6 best killrate (so Legion is upper average if we just talk about stats).

Of course, you can voice your opinion, to everything, but if you do, you should stay on the facts.

I remember how I saw 1 vid, of a streamer and he said "Legion is boring to play", while he was using Legion + franks mixtape and there I need to say... That whas his own fault.

Yes the Legion was boring to play with franks mixtape - I don't doubt it for a second - but when the Legion is boring to play with mixtape... What can I do as a intelligent being with a brain attached?

Right! I could simply not use franks mixtape and voila! - not so boring anymore.

What this streamer has made, like some others, whas crying and exaggerate, for the sake of more viewers and I don't and will not respect streamers who have done that.

If they would have had a serious opinion they would have talk about the Legion's basekit, the addons and the perks, but no, no, no... that was not to be expected from them.

Just playing with either op addons, or exploits and then crying about that they are op *suprised pickachu face* - how the people today would describe it.

Edit: I hope I don't upset you with this discussion. I usually like to read your comments and often have the same opinion like you... But we are humans and so we can't have everytime the same opinion^^.

• MegMain98

I’m not upset at all. It is totally fine to have different opinions. Otherwise why need the forums?

Some streamers do think emotionally instead of factually. I definitely say Scott Jund made a pretty good video on why old Legion was poorly designed.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

#1 Old Legion, nothing has ever even come close. Not gonna go too far into it but if the Legion played in certain ways with certain addons I can't really blame people at all.

#2 Spirit before the nerf. Don't really have much of an opinion on this one, but boy were there a lot of DCs.

Beyond that it gets a bit less clear to me. Some sort of mix between Nurse before her change, Doc once it was confirmed in-match he's going for the "impossible skillcheck" build sitting on a 3gen and who knows what else.

In my experience people don't DC against insidious Leatherface. They either suicide on hook or hang in there because they want him to lose 3 gens, a lot of the time when people give up on hook it's because there's 1-2 megamind teammates hanging around the hook for ages instead of doing anything productive.

• OGOzSnowChimp
    OGOzSnowChimp Member Posts: 247

I only regularly play as the Trapper so I have no idea about the DCs for other killers but it's rare for me to experience less than 1 DC a match.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited February 2020

I believed it was Spirit and Nurse, but:

Spirit- survivors stay mute, no DCs.

Nurse- survivors either say Im noob, if I missed blinks, either compliment my play. No DCs.

Billy- I had more compliments than toxic replies. No DCs.

Trapper- compliments. No DCs.

Wraith- you can trigger survivors, if you camp invisible. No DCs.

Michael- mute. No DCs.

Doc- mute. No DCs.

Huntress- survivors often DC, if I take iri hatchets, but stay mute.

Bubba- mute. No DCs.

Freddy- mute. No DCs.

Demo- mute. No DCs.

Oni- mute. No DCs.

Pig- if you camp or tunnel a guy with trap on you can trigger someone.

Ghostface- tunneling or good stealth game can trigger dc's. I dont know why survivors hate Ghostface, hes m1. xD

Plague- if you manage to slug, survivors can become salty.

Clown- for some reason survivors think its hard to survive him and they are too excited about their escapes, but no DCs.

Legion- they can get salty. No DCs.

Hag- my camp goddess. If you learn how to place traps, every basement is a salt mine. But keep in mind that playing around her traps is the only way to pull good games with her. It will become a routine. DCs happen sometimes.

• karatinac97
    karatinac97 Member Posts: 210

Hmm, I've never purposefully DCd (only a couple of genuine lost connections) but the most DCs I've seen tend to be when:

The killer downs someone really early in the match.

Before a survivor gets hooked

Getting Noed at end of match

I think Ghostface, Wraith and Legion have the most survivor DCs from what I've seen.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Used to be Doc for me. A year or two ago, matches would load and there'd be 2-3 DCs as soon as the first Survivor screamed. Now with the adjustment, haven't seen a DC yet.

Legion is the worst though from what I've played against. No matter the loadout, almost every game there is a DC as soon as the first Survivor gets hit while in FF. All I hear is "Legion is annoying to play against" in post-game. Can be annoying AF as I usually only play him/her to farm BP or do a daily.

It's something I don't understand tbh. Legion is pretty easy to play against, imo at least, and I have the best escape rate against him/her, personally at least. Even with good add-ons, Legion feels like old Freddy. Powerful (annoying to play against according to other Survivors) if played by a good Killer, but easy enough to escape if I want to when played by a decent Killer.

Otherwise, it's the usual "You found me first and my top tier juking failed completely so I'll DC because that's a win" with any Killer I'm playing. Especially amusing when I'm playing one of my prestiged level 1s for a daily with only 1 Perk. I laugh every time.

• Talmeer
    edited February 2020

This is one of the "better-negative" videos to that time.

I just think that he ignores too much the people that fit not in his narrative.

For him is the only thing he enjoys, the tradiotnal chase between a killer and a survivor how we all know it from dbd.

There have been people that have enjoy the chase with the old Legion, if the Legion was not exploiting or using the op addons and also people that have enjoy playing the Legion, like as example me^^.

Don't be mad at me. As said before, his video is one of the better ones, but I personally think it is too one sided. He has some good points, but with a view on what had later hit dbd in form of the "rework", I as Legion main can just say... "Wish it had never happen" :(.