The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

color blind mode

hi all, i know there has to be more who have protonopia (red green colorblindness) and it makes playing killer so hard. survivor scratchmarks are all but impossible to see for certian maps like bog or honestly anything with green grass or ground. please show support for this to help those of us who cant see key gameplay mechanics.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

I don’t see why not. Here, upvote! Cheers

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

seeing how long it take, it could mean that it's on Mathieu top priority list

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

@PaintedDog said:
    hi all, i know there has to be more who have protonopia (red green colorblindness) and it makes playing killer so hard. survivor scratchmarks are all but impossible to see for certian maps like bog or honestly anything with green grass or ground. please show support for this to help those of us who cant see key gameplay mechanics.

This made me sad 4 some reason

• Leadpaintchips
    Leadpaintchips Member Posts: 8

Mine's not as severe as the OP's, but trying to follow a blood trail is impossible for me.

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

I don't think any game did something like this before, i hope it gets added!

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219
    edited August 2018

The problem for me are not the scratch marks, the problem is i cant see the generator or hook outlines. During the bbq-event, i could see the bbq hooks quite well. Also, i never really saw a blood trail as a killer.

• SentientSickness
    SentientSickness Member Posts: 5

@sulaiman said:
    The problem for me are not the scratch marks, the problem is i cant see the generator or hook outlines. During the bbq-event, i could see the bbq hooks quite well. Also, i never really saw a blood trail as a killer.

This all the way. I cant see hook/gen auras, any killer perk auras so no nurses or bbq for me, maps are useless to me as well for the same reason.

Heck there are some killers im unable to use, like trapper, and freddy due to the red auras.

In addition scratch marks, and blood are a no go on outdoor maps, but thats fine i guess

Honestly being able to pick between red, white, blue, or green for auras would be a simple fix and really help

I have several forms of color blindness (though i should add that in somewhere)

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Oh yes, i forgot the maps. i play mostly survivor, and i dont use maps because they are useless to me.

• SentientSickness
    SentientSickness Member Posts: 5

yeah its pretty bad, the game very heavily form over function and it makes the game a pain for the those with color blindness