why dont killers have second chance perks ?

Options

Answers

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

Reading through that... Killers don't get second chance perks it seems then. Survivor perks are OP Devs know it and I know it especially as playing survivor now, the luxury of perks I can use I normal go for the most powerful 3 but don't abuse the free good like perk of swf Comms... except on Tuesdays

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

You don't need to get stunned by pallets for Spirit Fury to get tokens lol. How can blatantly wrong information get so many upvotes?

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

PGTW: Failed to keep a gen from being repaired? Here kick it and have a second chance to defend it

Noed, bloodwarden, rancor, remember me: give the killer a second chance even though all gens got popped

Spirit Fury: got stunned by a pallet? Here, a free pallet break

Pwyf: couldn't catch your obsession? Here, have a speed boost

Bbq and chili and Thrilling Tremors: failed to keep track of survivors? Here, find them all for free.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Survivor wins with no perks, on abusing safe loops alone.

Killer requires perks for information, stability, and control.

When you add perks that grant survivors immunity to the mix, then you make the game unbalanced and stress free for the role that should be scared. It's a horror game, and it's not being treated like one.

• joeyprtr
    joeyprtr Member Posts: 42
    Options

Yes just take everything away from survivors , then killers won't cry. But I love how real fans of the game, that actually bought the game not playing free on game pass are slowly leaving because of the changes. So tell Netflix that ur not paying them but adjust the line up to suit them.

• NullEXE
    Options

A good survivor is not going to drop the pallet unless it's going to hit the Killer - lol why would I ever drop a pallet if it's not going to stun the killer 🤣🤣🤣

• riri123
    riri123 Member Posts: 8
    Options

They don't need any because they have BaMBoOzLe.im half joking but hey, its bamboozle.

• NullEXE
    Options

Yes, but it doesn't change the fact that Survivors have second chance perks and the Killer doesn't.

Killer doesn't have a perk that grants him immunity from getting stunned.

Spirit Fury requires you to go through 3 pallets, which can cost you 2-3 gens just to get one use of the perk.

For survivors they get a second chance when they are injured, when they are unhooked, when they complete generators, when they do nothing but hide in a locker.

Killer's also don't have perks that just let them straight up ignore windows. Which is why I suggest a perk called "X Gon' Give It To Ya" that when the killer vaults a window he breaks through it instead leaving a door.

BHVR likes perks that band-aid remedy things so they have time to fix the problem later. This is a very good band-aid remedy that is also frightening.

• NullEXE
    Options

PGTW: Gives a balanced amount of reduction to kicking a generator.

NOED, Bloodwrden, Rancor, Remember Me: Sacrifice perks needed to balance the game, to instead optimize and balance EGC.

Spirit Fury: You have to go through 2 pallets just to get one use out of it, that could cost you 2-3 gens easily, just to get one use.

PWYF: Isn't even a second chance perk. It's a perk where you deliberately ignore attacking the obsession to maintain a more balanced amount of movement speed in other chases. If you attack you lose stacks, and then have to waste time - not catching the obsession again.

Bbq and chili and Thrilling Tremors: Information and Gen regression perks are not second chances, they are balancing the game.

• NullEXE
    edited February 2020
    Options

Should I remind everyone a "Second Chance" is giving the player immunity from performing a mistake. Not things that make the game balanced for a side, or gives information needed to perform that role.

Did I estimate how far I had to go for the next loop? Dead Hard.

Did I out position myself after getting unhooked? Decisive Strike.

Did I fail to lose the Killer before the last gen is done? Adrenaline.

Did I fail to loop/lose the Killer before he slugged me? Unbreaking.

Also Perks that literally force you to throw away the main game, just to optimize the EGC isn't a "Second Chance" perk. It's balancing the EGC so the Killer can to complete his objective.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Losing the killer isn't that easy. You're not making a mistake by failing to do it.

• Cronk
    Cronk Member Posts: 283
    Options

A horror game where the killer is the one hiding in fear hunted by the heroes

• NullEXE
    Options

Can't even get into a locker and hide - it's a hiding place for survivors to jump out and scare you.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

That's such nonsense. There's plenty of times it's a good idea to drop a pallet early. Funny you can't just admit you're wrong

• AlsendDrake
    AlsendDrake Member Posts: 103
    Options

Being a hex perk, NOED also punishes survivors for not doing the secondary objective (though they really should make totems do something on their own and make them a clear second objective, and add a totem counter.)

Blood Warden only triggers if you hook a survivor once the gates are open, so it actually rewards a killer for getting a success in clutch time.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2020
    Options

Sometimes you have to eat a perk. But if you tunnel as in, go for the person that was just unhooked for a easy down (so yeah, tunneling does exist it's a specific play or strat some killers rely on to win) you risk some consequences. It's not hard to go for the unhooked person if you're camping. It deserves risk bc it's so easy to do.

Comparing the terms tunnel and gen rush are flawed. Survs have nothing to do but do gens. If you dont keep them busy, they're on a gen. You can effectively kill and petrol gens without tunneling one surv depending on the situation. You have multiple options as killer than to just camp and tunnel every hook. It's just a false comparison that people need to stop making lol.

Ew your pattern of responses are rude and childish. Dont even bother replying to me.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options
  • Cronk
    Options

Wrong. Tunnel doesn't exist like I said it's dirty word salty players like to use when killer does job via chasing if only one person can be found because others play stealth and that one person fresh unhook killer has no choice but to go for them that's common sense. Also survivors do have another objective it's called totems a objective many are either too lazy or too ignorant to partake in leading to posts about noed and abuse of killer cause they didn't cleanse and got caught with their pants down

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    Options

I already explained why totems dont always get done. Totally depends on the map and killer playing whether they get finished or not. Without a totem counter you're essentially making 4 players run around looking for totems. Nobody wastes that kind of time every game and noed is not always terrible when it pops up. If the killer has a lot of pressure you're going to pressure gens over countering noed, which I still rarely ever see above green ranks.

It's not a dirty word it's a specific play. Sorry if the term offends you but the devs did not intend killers to be able to easily target one surv off hook and straight to death. Survs have perks to counter it. Call it whatever you want. They have perks to make it risky to target 1 surv at a time. You can attempt to effectively turn the game into a 3v1 quicker but there are risks involved when you play like that.

• underlord99
    Options

you earned ? if I slug someone at the beginning of the game how did they earn unbreakable? if I hook someone and chase them after they get unhooked how did they earn ds? please explain.

• Cronk
    Options

Use small game I don't see what's so hard about that my friend. Please be reasonable and kind to fellow player I give solution you push back it break my small heart

• stevemainrankpending
    Options

The issue is there is not really a good way to institute a second chance perk for killers at least. With survivors it's like you've been caught try again. But with killers it's like your not there yet just keep going.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options
  • korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

clearly the devs did intend for that play style when they made insidious a perk

• The_Sniper
    The_Sniper Member Posts: 78
    Options

Imagine ironically calling the game Killer sided lmao. Anyway let me debunk this

Fire up isn't a second chance perk, it's a progression perk like Devour.

BBQ is an information perk.

Rancor is an progression perk.

Nemesis is an information and chase perk.

Whispers is an information perk.

Remember Me is an progression perk.

Make Your Choice is an Anti-Altruism perk.

The only second chance perks here are NOED and Blood Warden. Both can be countered with ease with zero punishment whatsoever. If you think the majority of these perks are second chance perks then honestly it damages your opinion and stance heavily for me.

Survivors have Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Deliverance, Unbreakable, etc. Most of these require no real activation requirement to pull off either. There's a reason why most of these perks are meta.

None of the three Killer second chance perks are meta (Spirit Fury, NOED, and Blood Warden) and for good reason.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482
    Options

If you tunnel, they’ve earned it. If the killers tries to slug for the 4K, they’ve earned it.

Perks like these don’t get used too much because not all killers slug and tunnel. Most of the times they don’t even come into play.

• underlord99
    Options

I still dont understand how you earned it? you did nothing to earn unbreakable. by that logic the killer earned NOED because the survivors didnt cleanse totems.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    edited February 2020
    Options

DS is the perk that scares me as killer. Literally. I never remember whom I downed, and when i down the rescued just after, i never remember this perk exists. So suddenly comes that "ooooouch", and then i cry "wooooow", and so the chase begins again with laughs of fun. Kkkk

Why its called NO NO NOED instead of NO NOED??? Just... cant understand... LOL

---

About the topic, I would like to ask, what exactly means a second chance perk for killers? First we set the concept, then we can argue about that.

For survivors, a second chance perk is the one that let you have a chance to escape when downed, when wiggling, and when you should get downed. So they extend the chase time.

A second chance perk for a killer, by opposition, must be one that makes a chase shorter after a killer mistake. For instance, imagine a perk with X seconds cooldown or that can be used only once per match, that gives an automatic second swing if you miss you first lounge in the game (lets name it Second Bloody Swing, or Surprise Swing... LOL).

Well, once stablished a second chance perk killer must shorter the chase in the event of a miss from killer, then me can examine the perks that already exists and how a new second chance perk for killer could be.

Hope im helping.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

I'm late to the party, but "second chance" perks are different for killers than they are for survivors.

All 2nd chance perks for survivors enable them to achieve an outcome without the help of another survivor.

Decisive Strike: Escape the killer's grasp. Alternative = Pallet stuns, locker stuns, flashlight saves, and breakout from another survivor come to mind.

Unbreakable: Pick yourself up from the dying state. Alternative = Another survivor heals you

Dead Hard: Avoid damage and gain additional distance. Alternative = Another bodyblocking survivor tanks a hit.

Borrowed Time: Avoid a killing blow and gain additional distance. Alternative = Another bodyblocking survivor tanks a hit.

Endgame perks aren't the same in that they don't directly help a killer gain a hit or down on a survivor the way survivor perks will directly aid the survivor in a losing position.

NoED: Does not directly aid a killer in gaining a hit or down. Can be prevented entirely.

Blood Warden: Does not directly aid a killer in gaining a hit or down.

There is a distinct difference between the two roles. As such, 2nd chance perks can't be directly compared since the killer doesn't have another player to aid them in place of a perk the way survivors do.

The killer must still play somewhat skillfully to get something out of NoED and Blood Warden. The same cannot be said for the Survivor 2nd chance perks.

• Fumbipedia
    Fumbipedia Member Posts: 15
    Options

endgame trapper can be really fun if you set up traps and get rid of pallets early/midgame

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

What I love about your idea supporting Spirit fury as a second chance perk is

A. In the scenario you describe where the survivors are dropping pallets early, this means that Spirit fury doesn't come into play then, does it?

B. If that's the case, it also means Spirit fury can't be considered a second chance perk, because say surv A drops pallets early against you, and you drop them after the required tokens are acheived, Surv B takes you to a pallet loop thinking they're safe with the pallet stun, then boom Spirit fury activated; well that's absolutely not a second chance because you were planning for that.

And there my friends is the inherent distinction between a second chance perk and an insurance perk; Second chances arise from scenario's that you can't control but a universal tool keeps you safe, where as insurance perks are banked on and planned on.

So for instance, the difference between DS and Adrenaline is with Adrenaline, you plan and invest on seeing that benefit at the end of the game one way or the other, if you died before then it wouldn't have mattered so you play it with intention. DS is a perk you may not even need to use depending on how the match unfolds, it punishes the killer for playing by creating an artificial rule he has to subject himself to, and there is no real way to counter the perk when it's active. But the really defining contrast is DS doesn't require anything on the survivor side, there is no investment other than adding the perk to a slot.

NOED also doesn't require the killer any investment for it to activate, so it would be considered a second chance perk EXCEPT remember what I said about being able to counter the perk? NOED will never even trigger if Survivors break all the totems. This means NOED is more of a late game gamble than an actual second chance perk. DS will always activate when a Survivor gets off the hook with it, that perk could never fall under the term useless because it's very existence means at best, you are invincible for 1 whole minute to be as reckless as you want, and at worst, you get slugged on the ground, which if you can dictate when the killer slugs, is actually a strong benefit to your team as the killer is gambling not advancing the hook state for a chance to snowball, and typically the risk isn't worth it if you aren't within earshot of another survivor.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

Where did I say Spirit Fury is a second chance perk? ######### are you rambling about?

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482
    Options

Same things could have been said with all “survivor second chance” perks.

• underlord99
    Options

you never answered me earlier , how is getting slugged earning unbreakable? if your whole team gets slugged that means you failed. you didn't earn anything.

• Dr_doom_j2
    edited February 2020
    Options

It's in the title, people are arguing about the perceived existence of second chance perks on one side or another, and the guy you were speaking to was arguing against the idea of Spirit Fury as a second chance perk.

Is that enough of a play by play for you? With that kind of situational awareness, you obviously can't be as good a killer player as you tend to imply

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • brokedownpalace
    edited February 2020
    Options

I corrected incorrect information in his post. Nowhere did I say anything anything about SF being a second chance perk. You then typed up a 5 paragraph essay rebutting something I never said. And now you're insulting me.

That's the actual play by play here. Find someone else to troll, please.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Options

The way he explained his reasoning isn't great, but what he's expressing is simple enough- Survivors have more than enough tools to handle their business without the use of stacked second chance perks, but they enhance the survivors immensely. Meanwhile, for most killers perks ARE there only tools, and those tools more often than not require work on the killer side, or else they require direct action from the killer to achieve. Honestly I don't think Survivors have MANY second chance perks, but DS is absolutely one of them because DS is essentially inevitable, you can't take the effects of it away from survivors, which is either

A. 60 second immunity

B. Compelling killer to slug in a bad position where they may not want to slug you or in a time where slugging you is inefficient, or

C. A perk that gives you one free escape, which is made even worse when you consider the killer may have downed you next to a jungle gym or shack.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

Lol I directed like, a 30% of that post towards you. The rest had to do with my opinion of second chance perks and how they are precieved in this game. I was at least on topic with my post, which is something you just admitted to not being, so again, what was your purpose for entering this thread?

Don't play the turtle on it's back game with me, you sit here and attack people directly and indirectly all day with impunity. You literally just accused me of rambling and trolling as if that's not an insult.

And to call it trolling? Lmao ok, you're obviously done here I get that, I wouldn't want to be accused of picking on you for being on topic and not letting you get another edged, derailing comment off. Have a good night, hope you grow up to be a wise, healthy man ✌🏿

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Camping is a major problem that affects game speed. You already knew this, right?

• underlord99
    Options

it's only a problem if you Let it . dont go for the save , instead hop on gens.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options
  • underlord99
    Options

just like toolboxes and perks such as resilience and prove thy self.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

No I mean gens need to be fast enough they need to be finished before a person gets downed then hooked for 120 seconds, relative to the start of the game.

• underlord99
    Options

uh no. that's crazy, gen speeds are already extremely fast. the fact that they can finish a gen while you're walking towards it at the beginning of the match is crazy. it happens all the time on maps like ormond and haddonfield.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Dude I thought you knew about dbd game theory. The scenario I described above is what gen speeds are balanced around.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194
    Options

Noed: gives kills if you aren't good enough to kill all survivors before they do gens.

Bamboozle: closes windows so you don't have to bother anymore, and you can play without trying to mindgame them

Enduring+spirit fury: basically gives you a free hit, or a free down if you are a killer that has instadown, like billy. Someone said to me that you can counter that by throwing every pallet before the killer is in the stun area. Ok then, good luck wasting every pallet on the man, I'm curious to see what happens when there will be no pallets anymore.

Mori: basically gives you a free win, unless you have many holes in the brain

Broken addons, like red hatchets: same as mori

Map offerings: allow you to play the map you want, even one that's extremely favourable for you.

Spirit: requires very little skill, compared to other killers. And, apart from specific perks like iron will and quick and quiet, has no counters.

So, were you saying?

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Well one, he only asked about perks and you nailed a few.

And two, freddy is also an absurdly simple killer.