The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

dedicated servers

Captain_Ryder
Captain_Ryder Member Posts: 25
edited August 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm really sick of P2P...dedicated servers when?!

Post edited by Captain_Ryder on

Comments

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Keep buying those auric cells until they can afford it.
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Identity V has it on launch, will wait to see the day it happened on DBD

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Someissues said:
    Identity V has it on launch, will wait to see the day it happened on DBD

Cheap labor will help you do that...

• Captain_Ryder
    edited August 2018

havent they earned enough ######### money already? they are rich! please they shouldnt end up like ubisoft not having dedicated servers even though they CAN afford them totally! even very little indie companies have dedicated servers ffs! every god damn multiplayer game nowadays have dedicated servers!!

• Captain_Ryder

@WhateverIGuess said:
    They definitely have the money, there's no way they don't. Also, Deathgarden with on average 150+ people has Dedicated servers, but DBD with 20k + people doesn't. Logic.

I'm so sick of getting hit through pallets and windows just because of P2P. Dead by Peer to Peer.

about getting hit through pallets and stuff, survivors are OP anyway :D I mean you actually get hit "through" pallets because you dont drop them at the right time...I dont think it has something to do with P2P...anyway, its really annoying, killers can just easily lagswitch, your dead hard doesnt work on time, you get high ping sometimes etc etc...its ######### annoying

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Lead_Cenobite said:

@Captain_Ryder said:
    havent they earned enough [BAD WORD] money already? they are rich! please they shouldnt end up like ubisoft not having dedicated servers even though they CAN afford them totally! even very little indie companies have dedicated servers ffs! every god damn multiplayer game nowadays have dedicated servers!!

No one knows what they're thinking. It's obvious they have a small dev team currently working on the game (I would guess between 6-12 people not counting Interns reviewing bans and reports and all that) especially when you consider how slow they are when it comes to fixing the game and addressing huge balance issues.

But apparently it made enough money for Behavior to buy it back from Starbreeze. We definitely don't know how much they make from licensed characters.

I'm willing to bet that they're hedging they're bets to see if the game can retain the current numbers when ######### like Hide or Die and Last Year come out. I'm sure Cote thinks "It doesn't make sense to pay our people extra to get dedicated servers if the player base shrinks." When the player base will shrink because the competition offers a better overall experience. I don't think Cote understands that. I think Hovarth might understand that. Queen and certain other members of the dev team sees that too.

Think couple dev streams ago they said they started with about 20 people working on the game and now have 80 - 90. Could be wrong wasn't really paying attention.

Dedicated servers are a big deal, they have to recode the game or some #########. It took Ubisofts "onion" project like 9 months of work on For Honor. They called it onion because their was so many layers in switching from p2p to dedicated.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

the problem they are having i think is that changing to dedicated servers would take time and they would have to change the way the game works as well as it would stop the flow of new content it could take a whole chapter to do this so its either they focus on dedicated servers and bug fixes or new content and bug fixes.

• Captain_Ryder

wow...we actually dont care how long it takes, they should still put dedicated servers in! I'm all for dedicated servers and bug fixes and balance before releasing new content!

• ElPacolypse
    ElPacolypse Member Posts: 1
    It would be nice to not be connected with someone running on hamster powered internet that causes atrocious lag for everyone. I'm sick of bouncing through the map while running from the killer.
  • Captain_Ryder

@ElPacolypse said:
    It would be nice to not be connected with someone running on hamster powered internet that causes atrocious lag for everyone. I'm sick of bouncing through the map while running from the killer.

indeed!

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Meanwhile, killers say " just dodge the lobby if its laggy"

Meanwhile, they aren't streaming youtube in the background on Internet Pre-ordered from a Walmart in Antarctica until the match starts.

My most favorite is where you lag so hard after getting hit, you glitch through the textures, like the exit gate, and leave with 5 gens left to do.

Seriously though, its a data transference/merging issue, i feel like the save file glitch would come back stampeding and tons of data would be lost. As much as I want it, its going to take some time. They have PLENTY of money, they can afford them. Their pbase would grow substantially due to this being one of the bigger complaints. People would come back. Its not the issue with money, its the issue with priority. They didnt expect DBD to be such a hit, which is why it was never on the table until one of the recent dev streams.