Coloured perk icons=bannable? Its a serious question no bait!

BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I know there are plenty of discussions and posts about that already but I didnt found even after hours of google search any official statement about that. I would like to see any link ,if someone has it, of a official answer from any mod or dev about that topic pls.

I just know that it "should" not be bannable having those coloured perk icons.

Comments

• BenZ0

@TheOptimiser

Ye I know about him, noob3 used once some too. But I just wonder why this topic about that is soo big? I mean I dont think there are so many discussion about that without any precise answer to that topic just for fun you know?

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

BHVR said they aren't going to ban for it, but if EAC decides to start monitoring these specific files, it's possible to be banned.

THAT BEING SAID, EAC only bans for cheats, and nobody has been banned for custom perk icons.

• BenZ0

@McLightning

Thats what I though but I wonder why I cant find any official statement about that? If you have one that a link would be nice :D

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

If you ask EAC yourself, they'll give you an answer. The same answer they give anyone. "We only ban for cheats."

I mean, it does seem pretty black and white, that perk icons aren't cheats, but either way, at your own risk.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020

EAC doesnt really ban anything that does not interfere with rendering or things that get send to or from the server, so hud changes shouldnt be a problem.

EAC is used by many developers, I dont think BHVR can just ask them to customise it specifically for them.

The best way would be to add Steam Workshop support to the game, this way mods would be way safer to use, EAC pretty much ignores Workshop mods.

• BenZ0

@Peanits

Thanks for the answer!

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Cries in console...

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited February 2020

I had a conversation with someone a while ago, apparently EAC doesn't care if you change files as long as you're not doing it to get an unfair advantage or change currency.

To appeal a ban in this manner, EAC needs proof of the developers/support team giving an okay to changing perk icons. Therefore, you will need to contact BHVR support and get approval from them to show EAC support to remove the permanent ban. 😁

I would assume this doesn't count towards the escalation system because the permanent ban you received was not a true permanent ban. 😁

Hopefully, this helps you understand some things!

• Efuveo
    Efuveo Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2020

I'm sorry did you sell the game to EAC or something? Devs always answer with "weeell, we don't care, but if EAC cares we can't do sh*t..". What the actual Fu**? Is it just me? Am I going crazy? Does an anticheat as ######### as EAC owns the devs by the balls? What the... F. Someone please enlighten me...

You pay EAC thousand of dollars and don't have a say in what is cheating in your own game and what is not? Are we supposed to believe this? Is this really the case?

• nicov90
    nicov90 Member Posts: 10

It would be better if they changed the color of the perks when you reach P3. That's more interesting

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

@Peanits how about bhvr make it as a steam workshop thing?

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

United, do not fear we have the numba, if they would ever ban people who use it, they literally kill their game, streamers, large amount of players... and that is the point where they can't turn back in time to save it.

• crossboy
    crossboy Member Posts: 55

Well, no. Not really. They pay for EAC to detect and handle cheaters on their side, the entire point is for BHVR to not handle the anticheat.

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367

This is because eac runs all that stuff. They're a third party company hired to handle upkeep of cheating. If they block an account in their servers there's nothing a dev can do.

To use eac you need to be verified on their servers too.

• Animator
    Animator Member Posts: 372

And when will you return the ultra-rare and brown perks to the game? The bloody web has become super easy for leveling characters. And it drops as much as 4 perks. So maybe it's time to get it back already?

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

You just need to be careful when you change the files. The png files don't trigger the anti-cheat.

Always make sure you're changing the right things and make yourself well-informed before you do it. You'll be fine.

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305

As someone who has tested the limits of EAC (for school purposes actually). It turns out that .png files have no effect on EACs detection system. As any .png is going to be related to menu or UI and therefore not affect any real IN GAME aspects other than customization of the UI or Menus. Changing the UI has its advantages and disadvantages, especially in DBD. It is actually a little harmful as you can no longer see tiers of perks based on their color. Think how Ruin, Huntress Lullaby will say Hex: Ruin or Hex: Huntress Lullaby on the side after the skillcheck or pulling off a gen. It doesn't change the color depending on what tier the perk is so it could be Level 1 Ruin or Level 3 but it all looks the same.

• BenZ0

@Snow_Lep

But then thats more of a self handicap in that case^^ But it sounds logic what you say, I personally dont think that EAC would do anything against .png.

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305

Not from all testing in a sample game we threw together for our class. EAC juat ignores things based on .png's. Now changing the file type or name of anything will throw the fastest error/eac flag possible.