Camping needs to be fixed.

So I've been playing a lot, and mind you I play on the switch, and almost every third killer that I play against I bring an amazing item or a map or something like that and I lose it because my teammates can't rescue me. And this isn't because you can't kill everyone without camping.Quite the opposite actually, I main The Shape and I don't camp, and I usually get all four kills. I think how we could fix this is make a perk that if the killer is within a certain radius of a hook the gens repair speed goes up X2 so you have a better chance of escaping. Or something like that I just want to stop getting camped and having my teammates not stand a chance.

Comments

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830
    edited February 2020

Whats there to be fixed. You get camped, 3 survivors escapes and the killer depips. While he is camping the hook stages are longer than usual. Learn how to loop, it's so easy to lose killers these days with all the perks and survivor sided maps.

Post edited by BeHasU on
  • BeHasU

When the killer is camping you the hook stages are longer.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

and how does some random player on the internet telling them how to play remove their choice?

• BeHasU

Uhm no, they chaged that a while ago, only if they didnt change it back, but when you were close to a hooked survivor and you arent on a chase the hook stages are higher

• MrGummeBear
    MrGummeBear Member Posts: 94

Your most likely playing little kids I bet 70% of time you in the states. It is the switch.

• aurum_exe
    aurum_exe Member Posts: 182

He said "if the killer is within a certain radius of a hook". Speed up gen X2 still an exaggeration tho. These killers are struggling a lot lately. I agree btw that if the killer persist camping inside a certain range from a hook, he should have same penalties. Many killers don't use camping or tunneling like a strategy. I have seen killers repeatedly stab survivors while on hook. That shows a toxic behavior and should be punished.

Stabbing people while on hook. These people need a doctor. A very good one.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

If survivors are actually good survivors that killer shouldn't get more than 1/2 kills and depip. Still a boring way to play and i get what you mean,but if there's 1 gen left and someone is about to die on hook in 10 seconds,there is no reason to ensure a kill for example and make it easier for yourself instead of having to 4v1 survs at 1 gen left. I never camp through the whole duration,but will camp if i see survs aren't saving in the last 10-15 secs and ensure another hook stage. Ofcourse,it all depends how the game is going. I won't do it if they are playing badly. Same thing with slugging,no point at doing it at 5 gens left

• joeyprtr
    joeyprtr Member Posts: 42

The reason they stab while u are on the hook is that originally it sped up the process , but that was years and 50 updates ago.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

disgusting campers everywhere eww

• aurum_exe
    aurum_exe Member Posts: 182

I don't know before, but now they clearly shows a toxic behavior, confirmed by the insults in end game chat. I've seen even skilled Huntresses hatchetting survivors on hook, and they know that stubbing people on hook don't speed up the process.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

Camping is a play style. It's not something that needs fixing.

• tylerlogsdon1
    tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158

Anyone can play how they want.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Well then you must be a fairly low rank. Last time I was camped at rank 2 the killer got a 1k, which was me, with a group of non swf. No kindred, no bond, no object of obsession. In high ranks camping gets you one kill, and maybe, if you’re lucky and the survivor is ######### at looping or suicides, two. The only camping 4K I’ve ever seen at red rank is a Bubbas Basement build which was when ghostface came out.

• rikaa
    rikaa Member Posts: 81

They really have to fix facecamping. I am sick of it and tired of getting facecamped. Especially without any reason. We played today and 3 of us are facecamped one by one. Without any single gen is completed from the first hook of first down the oni just facecamped. I do not understand how killers enjoy it. They paid for this game and just to stare at someone's face on the hook. :DD Woow how funny... If it goes on survivors will tend to hide more and complete gens as fast as they can just not to take risk of getting facecamped or tunneled. Because some killers just do it not because of gens are popped. There was not even 1 gen completed.

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

Not that face camping is excusable, but to have it happen 3 times with no gens done?

It's not the killers fault gens didn't get done. If he was standing in their face each time, truly face camping, why didn't ANYONE else do a single Gen? At the very least, by the time ONE person gets face camped to death without struggling, you can have 2-3 gens done depending on how many people are working together or bothering for a save.

Don't swarm the hook when a killer camps. It sucks when someone gets face camped to death but there's little to nothing you can do about it most games. There should always be at least one person working on gens if you're all still that adament about saving them.

The way I see it, camping is comparable to spawn camping in other games. And demoing in Rocket League. It's something that is generally considered scummy, but is allowed to happen. Nothing will ever be done to remedy it. We just have to take it and move on.

• Gamer29
    Gamer29 Member Posts: 26

Lol! Don’t get caught! Git Gud!

• PepegaClap
    PepegaClap Member Posts: 20

Anyone in here defending camping makes no sense. Your argument is camping will get the killer nothing and also that it's a boring playstyle and no one will have fun and then move on. So why defend it? Because you personally camp. It's like the "asking for a friend" thing. You come on here and say you don't camp as killer but people can camp if they want and shouldn't be punished because they'll depip, won't have fun, won't learn how to get better, and will let 3 others escape. So why are you being contradictory and saying camping is fine? Again, because you need to camp. If a playstyle doesn't make players better on either side, makes games unfun, makes both sides depip or black pip and warrants very little bp then why defend it? Maybe it should be punished if there are so many negatives involved. At a certain point when is playing the game pointless because it's unfun? And the argument of "just don't get hooked or downed 4head" is so dumb and if that needs explaining obviously you don't understand the game on either side. Also don't use items argument? Ok let's just cut out bp, bloodwebs, and addons/items on both sides, that'll be fun!

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

Face camping is excusable. The devs fully endorse it at a playstyle.

• MrOwl2099
    MrOwl2099 Member Posts: 6

Actually camping, tunneling etc.. is considered player griefing in xbox and is reportable. Don't believe me just ask xbox support they'll tell you. Dbd don't care about that stuff obviously so yea. It runs the gameplay for the survivors and if you suck at being the killer enough to camp then you shouldn't play killer, get some skill. Not hard to hook a survivor then leave them, if you're good enough you'll get three rest without camping

• MrOwl2099
    MrOwl2099 Member Posts: 6

Shouldn't have some idiot ruin your game by being a camper, to the who do camp n tunnel, stop being petty and player griefing ppl.

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

Survivor main here and I would argue that camping is a legit playstyle. Most new killers will camp and stab on hook because they dont know any better, and most experienced killers will only camp when memeing, or when salty, or when basement bubba (which is hilarious IMO).

As it is today camping is plenty punishable by the other survivors simply by focusing on gens. Given 180 seconds to die on hook a 3 man team can easily knock out 3 to 4 gens. Maybe a perk like kindred, but showing gen auras when killer is near hook would help get that point across to a team

• TheColdBeauty
    TheColdBeauty Member Posts: 73

Yep. Some killers are pathetic... It's a problem for allot of players i've read.

• TheColdBeauty

Yeah but people here who only play this game don't understand this. Until they play a game where they get camped and then they will change their opinion.

And you are right, I'm playing killer now more then survivior and it's easyer to play killer then survivior. If you patrol that's fine but facecamping is pathetic, like are most comments from people when you give your opinion about camping 🤣

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

So when will Survivors get punished for T-bagging and flashlight clicking? I mean, they are toxic behaviors and should be punished. For each t-bag the killers speed should increase by 10 percent. For every flashlight click the survivor should have a completed gen get completely broken down.

• TheColdBeauty

I get when you are new at the game that you don't know better. But when you are at red ranks or purple ranks you should have some skill.

• Reaper_xx
    Reaper_xx Member Posts: 173

Camping is not a strategy and it is unfair but at times, it has to be done.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

What if you are The Doctor and still doing it? Lmao 😂

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

You fix camping by fixing the reason killers are camping. That is poor game balance.

• randomBob
    randomBob Member Posts: 9

Yep that's right. I started on the Switch then went to XBOX as the killers I came across on the Switch pretty much just face camped. Whilst this is allowed it is annoying and not a lot of fun.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

So I've been playing a lot, and mind you I play on the switch, and almost every third surivor that I play against I bring an amazing item or a mori or something like that and I lose it because my gens get completed. And this isn't because you can't win the game with just generators.Quite the opposite actually, I main Nea and I don't gen rush, and I usually escape. I think how we could fix this is make a perk that if the survivor is within a certain radius of a gen gen repair speed goes down 2x so you have a better chance of not escaping. Or something like that I just want to stop getting gen rushed and having my gens not stand a chance.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

The devs as much said that Killers should camp from the statements they've made. Killers have to adjust, and one of the easiest ways is to either camp or slug. Survivors are now the ones that need to adjust and stop feeding the Campers. Go do gens, eventually the Killer will either move away and you can get the save, or you'll finish the gens and escape. This is the only counterplay to Camping.

Until that happens though, feel free to complain all you want about Campers. It changes nothing.

• ToshiroMifune
    ToshiroMifune Member Posts: 1

camping is an option for the killer, but for the survivors the game turns into a disaster.

p.s. the thing I hate the most is the survivor that saved me from the hook next to the killer

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Camping needs to be fixed?

You are a quarter of the team, suck it up waving your hands to let the rest know to do gens.

I was face camped doing a daily by the same player. The first one I killer myself as everyone just hovered around like vultures to unhook me so I liked myself. The second one came over despite me waving but then returned to gens, I tapped away on my hook until I died but by then must the gens were done

If you feed campers they keep doing it!

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

You guys had your BP upped to the level of killer, except there are four of you. stop whining and just buy another of those items.