Killer should get less points for every hook of the same person in a row

Options

Comments

• Ratatosk
    Ratatosk Member Posts: 23
    Options

It wouldn't be counterproductive if the killer chose not to camp or tunnel. If they were actually even somewhat decent at the game, they'd have no trouble getting kills without camping or tunneling. Plus, they have many other ways of getting kills.

If the survivors chose to not do gens, that wouldn't be counterproductive. That would be neglecting their one and only objective.

- If the killer isn't camping, one person goes for the unhook while the other two stay on their gens. There's absolutely no reason for more than one person to go for a generic save.

- As for totems. Survivors can break them as they come across them, but they have no SENSIBLE reason to go totem hunting. Sure, it'll prevent a NOED in most games, but if they just break them as they see them, they probably won't have to worry about it anyway.

- There's only one way survivors can do generators. It shouldn't come as a shock that they want to get it done quickly.

Because of this, there's no such thing as "genrushing" because they have one objective and one way to do it. Killers also have one objective, but they have multiple ways to do it.

Also this 'survivor rule book' thing. Sure, I'm aware it exists. In the minds of toxic people like p3 invisidettes and OchiDO fanboys. But nobody ever talks about the killer's rule book. Or more like, "Book of things that survivors should do so I can get my kills as easily as possible." It definitely exists, because of so many people talking about 'genrushing' and 'losing points for doing their only objective in the only way they can' but it's never mentioned anywhere.

I... REALLY hope this was sarcasm. Read the rest of this comment and tell me what you think afterwards.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited February 2020
    Options

Despite my hang for tunneling, I bet you would be pretty happy in a match with me. I usually don't facecamp, if a survivor gives me not a reason for it and I also don't use any perks or addons, that are seen by survivors as op, besides maybe MadGrit (I hate bodyblocking. Is my weakspot^^). So the killerrulebook would be happy with me, I guess.

Tunneling is just part of the game and if it not happens always on the same guy in a match, I think its ok.

• Doomspooge
    Doomspooge Member Posts: 184
    Options

I didn't read all 4 pages so if this has already been suggested I apologize. Instead of punishing the killer for hooking the same person again how about giving them more bloodpoints for hooking someone else. I couldn't tell you how many times I barely got away from the hook and hear that unhook boom. Turn around since I haven't had time to find someone else and know for a fact 2 survivors are right behind and as I round the wall the person I hooked previously faceplants into my chest.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Your teammates were playing poorly. They should have been rushing gens if the killer was campy or tunnel-y. Killer was doing his objective, it sucks for the survivor but it is what it is. Ask devs to put in more objectives for both sides if you have an issue with it.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

The point penalty should be timer-based. As time passes, the penalty is reduced and removed. This way, only intentional tunneling is punished.

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114
    Options

That has more to do with their ######### emblem system than game play.

• Navydivea
    Options
  • AvisDeene
    Options

Slugging is surprisingly effective! I just got into playing the Doctor and slugging with him is so nice!

For toxic survivors who t-bag, point and flashlight click, I just slug them and let them bleed out. I think it’s the best thing I could do in order to reward them for their wonderful behavior.

• Navydivea
    Options

What perk setup do you use?

Also I hate flashlight users. I know they are part of the game but the first week playing I was constantly bullied by swf teams all with flashlights. I try to get lightborn3 with all my killers for when I see them in lobby.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 345
    Options

I wonder if you'll ever add a meaningful OBJECTIVE comment to the discussion instead of just playing your victim role (amazingly btw) of "survivor life is so hard."

OP's idea is bad and people are calling him out for it, that's the end of it. When survivors have so many tools to counter killer strategies you can't keep punishing killers for doing the bare minimum to make the game enjoyable/stand a chance. Bad unhooks should be punished, and you can't force a killer to chase the strongest surv when there's a better option to gain the upper hand.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I know op's particular suggestion was a bit lackluster but I saw its potential and created something constructive from it :)

In my suggestion, the killer isn't punished for tunneling one time in a row, and they are rewarded for tunneling if they wait a certain amount of time. Cheers 🤗

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167
    Options

OMG... no I don't forget that, I wrote that in first message, remember? 'Eventually will get me'? And your interpretation of that was 'reason you wrote that is because you get downed quickly'.

Well, yes, I blame idiots in my team just as much, if they're doing unsafe unhooking, sure. But if killer is standing there, basically checking dilation of my pupils, I blame him much than I blame my team. They're trying to give me an option to play. Have you ever seen some videos on youtube, where killer maneuvers to hit the person who's performing the unhook? Well, for me it's usually other way around; they do everything to get the rescued person. And when I was playing killer, I was also going for the one who was unhooking. I think it rather works; saved person is healing, so one person is off, rescuer gets chased, so another person is not doing gens.

True, sometimes you're in a situation where you have time to react and start actual chase, often enough (for me) I get downed before the game is able to read that I'm trying to move. And so often I get 8k for chases, and close to 0 in other categories, because I'm not even able to touch a gen, because killer is blind on other survivors. But I guess that's actually complainant for devs, to give some more points. And I think it's fair, if me (or anyone else) being chased for 95% of the game makes other survivors do the gens and gates... I think I should get some extra points, right?

That last scenario was just one, special case. I wrote that SOMEHOW once we were able to do something. And for f... sake, what's the point of putting magic 'toxic' word in there? Where did I wrote that I'm toxic? Especially in that second scenario. Because I was able to save a survivor? Unless for you stun and blind equals toxic behavior? Because well, if you think tunneling and camping is a 'strategy', or punishing bad behavior, then so are pallets and flashlights. Killer has weapon(s) to kill, I have environment and flashlights to run, what's toxic in that? I don't teabag, flashlight click, write anything toxic (like 'ez') on chat after the game or anything else. Even with toxic killer (yes, face camping is toxic) after the game I just leave and don't get engaged in chat, where they might try to annoy me with their 'ez' trash talking. So, again, please don't play Nostradamus or Sherlock Holmes.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

That’s actually a very good idea. Add in scale for experience difference and it makes a ton of sense. You know because yellow rank killers get red rank survivors.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

Should lose points and lose a we’re gonna farm forever stack.

• Mastergee
    Mastergee Member Posts: 6
    Options

But killers do loose points if they hang around a hook. So I don't see what your issue is here. Probably just another survivor who is salty.

• AvisDeene
    Options

I don’t have any set up for slugging. I just use doctor. If I can’t find anyone in 30 sec after hooking someone I go back to the hook, hoping they’re about to get unhooked. Then I slug the recently unhooked and go after the unhooker. Another teammate will help the slugged while I’m busy with their mate, so essentially, I have 3 off of gens.

As far as perks, Knockout would be great, but I don’t have it yet. Nurses calling is good too since you can see when They’re trying to heal each other. Infectious fright is also great to make them panic.

When playing Doctor, I don’t need any tracking perks to do well, though I can’t wait to get Iron Maiden.

Make your choice is also fantastic for slugging.

• bloodshot
    bloodshot Member Posts: 1
    Options

Killers should get what ever BP they already get but if a survivor is tunneled they should at least safety pip

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394
    Options

lmao, survivors safety pip is ######### easy. I can hold a 3 gen vs a 4man swf for 30+ min and barely safety pip while getting 2 hooks on each survivor and 1 kill. Max out all points minus a few hundred on sacrifice and still barely get a safety pip.

Survivors ease of safety pip or 1 pip is one of the reasons that rank doesnt correlate with skill and why red rank survivor pool is diluted of skill.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

Instead of reducing blood points, how about the killer gets a multiplayer for BP for every time they hook a new survivor?

On the flip side, (as @bloodshot said) maybe if someone is strongly tunneled and killed less then 3 min into the game that survivor is guaranteed a safety pip?

Imposing rules on how killer should play the game would make the role even less appealing. Might as well just make the killer an AI if they expected to play is a specific way.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

You remember the survivor tutorial where the killer was blocked behind a wall by the entity? That's the survivors real end game here.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

If you get downed immediately off hook, then your team performed an unsafe save, and it's only their fault. Camping, is a legitimate strategy by killer. I mean most times where I am hitting someone off hook is because the rest of their team is not doing gens, they came for the save too quickly, or they went for the save as I was coming back around my patrol path. With my Freddy build I optimize unhooks with Make Your Choice - effectively keeping 1 person on hook since the first time I have someone on hook. However by the end of it - the Killer is always, and should always go for the best option target, and coming off hook. That's you. So stop blaming the killer for the mistakes made by the other survivors or yourself. Once you stop incorrectly blaming the killer then you will in time get better at the game and it won't be an issue for you at all. Like it isn't for me.

Now i'm moving on from this conversation because we are literally just going around ourselves, and i'm repeating all that I've already told you.

• SanityNight
    SanityNight Member Posts: 101
    Options

So now you want us to get less points then you for camping and tunneling. Well we do it because you guys, survivors, gen rush, and do many other things that would take forever to list.

• Nomadd
    Options

Yeah, well, I still think if one-two survivors are blocking the killer and he refuses to hit them he's the one who's toxic. And if he eventually hits one of them and still goes after me, once I'm much further away, than the person he's just hit, he's double toxic and stupid. Best option? Alright, but I think I'm not best option if I'm being blocked/protected and he has to put more effort to maneuver around other survivors rather than hit one and switch target.

But hey, I admit, I'm not good at this game. Plus I don't like toxicity, I prefer having fun than sweat and tryhard (in game without rewards especially) and I hate trash-talking after the game so... yeah, I'll just go back to other games, thanks for your answers.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

So you want killers to be punished for eliminating survivors optimally? nice bait but no.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    Options

You realize the game for killer is the quicker you take a survivor out of the game, the better chance the killer has at winning? You have DS which basically gives you 60 sec of immunity, and expecting the killer to play fair is out of the window. Killers warned what happened the moment Ruin was announced to be nerfed, and the Devs didn't listen so this is the result.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

okay but, you cant go around saying “X should be nerfed? well, Y needs to be nerfed too then or else its unfair!!” cause thats legit how nothing gets done

• ThatLaurieMain
    ThatLaurieMain Member Posts: 16
    Options
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

I agree that there should be more in-game punishment in the form of points or emblem. Hook rushing? Lol it makes sense for survivors to complete a generator from start to finish to protect their investment due to regression. However, Killers don't lose progress on hooks so there is no compelling need to "Hook Rush."

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

People who tunnel no matter what dont care about points.

• HipfireBoi
    HipfireBoi Member Posts: 29
    edited February 2020
    Options

Obviously main Survivor: DeVs PlS mAkE tHe GaMe EaSiEr It HuRtS uSiNg My BrAiN

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    Options

why? when you hook the same guy, he dies. thats the killers job. so whats the problem? if a guy rescues on a hook, and i see them both, why would i run after the guy that unhooked when the guy who was on the hook but is now free, is closer to being permanently dead?

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

He has 3 survivors in front of him, and knows the one on hook is closest to dying. That's not toxic. That's one unfortunate person on hook, and two idiots who gave the killer a free kill.

Oh wait, sorry, I forgot the Survivor Rules Handbook - the killer should walk to the other end of the map and stare at the wall when he hooks someone.

Again the killer wasn't being toxic, the survivors were just being stupid, case closed.

• CrescentGent
    CrescentGent Member Posts: 60
    Options

Stop trying to ruin stuff for the killers. One of the reasons why it takes survivors so long to find a game is because it's trying to find a killer around your rank, it shouldn't take this long and it's because there aren't many killer players anymore. At least not as many as survivors.

Survivors should get penalised for gen rushing if you suggest such a dumbass idea.

• Nomadd
    Options

Yeah, it's better to avoid two survivors who block and maybe blind you. It's obviously better to try to get to the person who's getting further and further away, it would be so unreasonable to hit one of those two (or even one) people who are basically rubbing their butts against that killer's weapon.

So don't put words in my mouth and ideas that aren't mine. Don't twist what I said. If killer can have a clean hit when I'm being unhooked, cool, stupid teammates. If killer chases 'me' for a minute, having another survivor in front of him, constantly blocking him and he refuses to hit him for so long, he is the one being stupid and toxic. Case closed.

I think author suggested less points for hooking same person twice (or more) in a row. Which isn't that bad idea, considering face campers for example. And survivors already get penalized - by being tunneled for few minutes straight. Yesterday once I and once my friend got tunneled for so long that team managed to do gens and open both gates. And what did we get for that? 'Moral' points and satisfaction? My suggestion is this - I can get camped, tunneled so much that I won't even touch a gen or any survivor, totem, anything, I will be found and chased for the whole game. Fine. BUT give me more points for it. I will hit 8k fast and that's it, give me enough points to have at the end equivalent amount to a 'typical' survivor game and I'm happy and won't complain about tunneling or getting camped. Because my point in this argument is that I WANT to play the game, but I simply can't. And I think it's fair; if someone takes killer's attention for the whole game, why shouldn't that person get some special reward? Hell, lets even give killer bonus points for going after his obsession, even few times in a row, it's obsession, right? And I'm being serious, I wouldn't feel like I had great chase, but wasn't able to rank up, because killer didn't let me go and if killer likes to camp and tunnel, he can have his fun with obsession.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options
  • Waffleyumboy
    Options

Sometimes, you'll never be able to tell for sure on some posts.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363
    Options

Till genrushing is fixed or swf on comms that are extremly toxic then keep dreaming boii.

• Cronk
    Cronk Member Posts: 283
    Options

My friend stop this please do not quote me I am done with this discussion thank you

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    Options

Yeah yeah, lets punish killers for everything that breaks survivors rule book. Tunneling is not a thing its only imaginated invention of some entitled survivors. You can thank only to BHVR for increase of tunneling and camping - their constant gutting of killers and their perks gives no space for other gameplay and with current insane gen speed its even less space.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

My guy, you are trying to theory craft the most boring and one sided experience ever into this game.

"top of the evening to you, GF!"

"aye, how are ya lad, how's the haunting treating ya?"

"Fair as a maiden, me Lord"

"Say mate, would you happen to have been hooked yet today? Need a good hooking?"

"Oh no, man, appreciate the offer but I've a bit of a full belly from the las' in."

"Ah, guess I'll get you next time. Tip of the hat to ya lad"

Survivor teabags at exit gate

"GG EZ"

"Well ain't that the bloomin' way.."

I see your going for paragon of the forums, I appreciate you're trying to not be one sided on any of these discussions.. But is this suggestion the hill you want to die on?

Penalize killer for tunneling? Yea, that damn OTZ game everyone was talking about for two days, the one where he tunneled the Yui towards the end? This guy's suggestion would have turned that from a brutal killer to a de-pip. Sometimes tunneling is necessary and there shouldn't be anything other than DS that encourages not tunneling, because slowdown has been scaled back again and devs will never touch gens speeds. At most we've a vague promise that they look at toolboxes going forward.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

True it shouldn't affect emblems. I was just saying this change could be implemented without hurting anyone if the devs do it right. Apparently every change to this game can only hurt it. Thank you for the civil response, and I appreciate a fellow forum-goer.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

If that's your hang up, I see why you aren't playing killer so much these days. I play surv more and you know what's the best part about being camped/tunneled? After that I can go look for another game, I don't have to suffer through a simple mistake I made costing me the whole games on many maps, and having to seethe through a whole nother 4-8 mins of a losing game.

Just as much as killers aren't entitled to 4 K every game, survs aren't to surv, or even get multiple gens and loops done in a single trial. That's the beauty of having the benefit of getting taken out early for a mistake you or others made. And let's not forget, you have opportunities before you even get hooked to evade and avoid the killer. You aren't always the one getting tunneled/ camped out.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

Right on brother. I'm to the point where getting my feathers too ruffled over the game is getting tooooo old, and beside I know at the end of the day were mostly just all folks who want to have fun in the game.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

That makes no sense. Tunneling tends to work in the survivors favor as they pop 3 gens in the first 80 seconds of the game.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Well it's closer to 100 seconds due to travel times but yea tunneling isn't always a good strat.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options

Stop it, just stop please

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

Or.. most of the time survivors are bringing toolboxes and don’t take 20 seconds to find a gen. I normally spawn with my gf and we can pop a gen in 35 seconds at the start of the game. Now imagine the other two survivors doing the same thing. It’s now a 3 gen game 35 seconds in.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

So...

The objective of a killer is to kill the survivors. That is literally their only objective...and you want to punish them for doing it in the most efficient way possible (in some situations, anyway)?

So...we should definitely start punishing survivors for doing generators, by that logic.