Lagswitching?

I have played dbd for about 10 months and I still don't know what a lag switcher is. Can anyone tell me?

Comments

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    I don't think anyway can say 100% they got lag switched. I myself have wonder a couple times just because the lag spikes were at very convenient times for the killer. But could I prove it? No. Not with anything tangible. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

There's sometimes when it's so completely and blatantly obvious there's no doubt about it. While other times it might just be the occasional hiccup. But sadly since it hasn't been hard coded into the detection system there's videos out there on how to do it even on Consoles now.

But like wallhacking it takes a long time to learn the subtle differences between the 2. One good way to figure things out is to record games and watch yourself. If you get the same killer and notice differences ie they get kills easily no lag but struggle then all the sudden the alg hits it might be a clue.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited August 2018
    Its when the killer/survivor purposefully sabotages their internet for their own advantage in the game.

If the killer is lagswitching, these things will start to happen when your in a chase: You’ll be lagging a lot, teleporting back to the killer, slowed movement due to very slowed fps.

My entire 9 or 10 months playing DBD, Me and my friends only went up against one lag switcher and it was a lagswitching Clown and they were making it very obvious they were doing it. Every time one of us got in a chase with him, we would start to teleport back to him and have slowed movement. Not to mention, my friend tried to flashlight save me and his flashlight froze in the air, LOL. We all DC’ed from that match and even the random that was with us knew he was lag switching before I even DM’ed him and told him.
    Post edited by PinkEricka on
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    It’s subtle, but you can definitely tell if you’ve seen it enough times. So far I’ve come across only two lag switch users. One Wraith, one Survivor.

I recorded the lag switch Survivor and sent it to BHVR. This was when DBD first came out on console. Was the first two weeks I had the game. They made it extremely obvious they were lag switching. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Glossed said:
    I have played dbd for about 10 months and I still don't know what a lag switcher is. Can anyone tell me?

Lagg switch is when the game basically freezes and the killer teleports and downs you without you being able to do anything. It happens everythign in a split second and yuo only see the result.

Most survivors confuse laggswitchign with laggspikes, I have only occured 2 laggswitchers in my entire playtime

• Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47

@SovererignKing said:
    It’s subtle, but you can definitely tell if you’ve seen it enough times. So far I’ve come across only two lag switch users. One Wraith, one Survivor.

I recorded the lag switch Survivor and sent it to BHVR. This was when DBD first came out on console. Was the first two weeks I had the game. They made it extremely obvious they were lag switching. 

A survivor cant lag switch? The killer is the host I thought.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    edited August 2018

It's quite easy to spot once you know what you are looking for.

I suggest making a lag switch, a simple google search shows how (takes about 5 min). Then go into KYF and play around with it with friends so you can identify it.

• SovererignKing
    Cass said:

@SovererignKing said:

I have a video proof of it. I can’t post it due to name and shame rules. I’ll post it on your wall for you to watch.
  • Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47

@SovererignKing said:
    Cass said:

@SovererignKing said:

I have a video proof of it. I can’t post it due to name and shame rules. I’ll post it on your wall for you to watch.

Is there some other place I can upload a video? I have recorded a match with really extreme lagging.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Cass said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Cass said:

@SovererignKing said:

Is there some other place I can upload a video? I have recorded a match with really extreme lagging.

Extreme lagging is not laggswitching

And yes, you can upload the video to youtube and then post that link into the report screen

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Lag switching isn't as prevalent but it does happen. Most of time it is the peer to peer connection to the host. If they have decent internet and someone else in the house starts streaming a video it will go to crap quickly. A wired connection vs a wireless connection will also cause issues. Framerate drops mostly since the 2.0 patch and could also explain when people say lag switching.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited August 2018

Lag switch is when a person hits a button on their controller and the game pauses for everyone except that person. you can easily tell though if it's just laging or lags-switch it's common in fps games. I had a game vs a lag switcher/hacker on ps4 about a week ago he also had speed boost.

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    I have faced 2 that I know of. Because you cant really say that every lag is a cheat. Myself played trapper on the new map, and I thought I chased a very laggy claudette, and when I downed her she was gone. Turns out she sat and repaired a gen with the others and all of a sudden she was down. We both had a long talk about it, but nobody cheated. 
  • fcc2014

@HellDescent said:
    Lag switch is when a person hits a button on their controller and the game pauses for everyone except that person. you can easily tell though if it's just laging or lags-switch it's common in fps games. I had a game vs a lag switcher/hacker on ps4 about a week ago he also had speed boost.

I have been frozen at pallets unable to drop they or triple vault through a window. I'm not sure if that is state of the game or cheating. Since it has been more frequent after the 2.0 update i will blame the game.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

I suggest making a lag switch, a simple google search shows how (takes about 5 min). Then go into KYF and play around with it with friends so you can identify it.

don’t encourage the kids that throw tantrums when they’re getting outplayed!
  • fcc2014

@PinkEricka said:
    Might_Oakk said:

don’t encourage the kids that throw tantrums when they’re getting outplayed!

Agreed, playing on console is currently not that great we don't need more people throwing temper tantrums.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I´ve faced a few lag switchers. But most of the supposed lag switchers are simply lag spikes.
    Lag switch: when you get no progress while holding m1, hear no killer and suddenly you are downed.
    Oh and survivors can lag switch too. Had more than enough survivors teleport like a nurse. But to a point that they were faster than the killer.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

I've owned the game for less then a month and I've seen this (at least) two times now. Once was as a killer and the other as a suvivor. Was chasing a guy as the killer and it looked like he kept teleporting forward every ten or so steps. As a suvivor I would be running one direction and kept getting pulled back from where I was before. I'm pretty sure its happen more but wasn't nearly as bad/obvious as those two matches.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@SovererignKing said:

How does a survivor lag switch? Since the killer is the host shouldnt the killer still be able to fully interact with the survivor even if that survivor disconnects and reconnects their internet since it is primarily through the killers connection? Or is it just a console thing.

• SovererignKing
    Global said:

@SovererignKing said:

How does a survivor lag switch? Since the killer is the host shouldnt the killer still be able to fully interact with the survivor even if that survivor disconnects and reconnects their internet since it is primarily through the killers connection? Or is it just a console thing.

No idea. Check your wall, you can see for yourself.