We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Thoughts on MoM

After many many hours try to activate MoM I can say that it needs a buff/change, the biggest problem is that the number of protections required is too high, even with the breakout combo you cannot get tokens without preventing your teammate from being hooking (even if you take 2 hits and die in an attempt to free him from the hold),and often you are too far from the killer to obtain stack.

So how do you normally hope to activate this perk? you normally don't work on a generator, follow the killer and wait for him to catch one of your teammate, after that you bait a hit maybe two (you be downed) and repeat if you can, for what? a second chance that once used perpetually reveals your position, it is simply not worth it!

In my experience the combo (Mom-breakout-work on generator/help my team) activates about 1 game every 100( i'm not kidding)

Those are my solutions for a better MOM but not enough strong to become oppressive or meta

a) 4 any combination of safe unhook/protection Hit

b) 3 safe unhook

c) 3 protection hit, no downside, you can also earn token near downed survivor or healed survivor

d) 2 protection hit the killer can kill you the next time caught you

I'd like to know what BHVR thought of it, not so much on my suggestions but on the status of mettle of man

and of course i'd like to know your opinion

see you in the fog

Comments

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Mettle of Man needs a buff for sure. Honestly I feel that 2 protection hits would be balanced.

• Cig
    Cig Member Posts: 33

I agree with this post. MoM is useless in it's current stat. Another case of BHVR over correcting.

• Sinner5Gonn4Sin
    Sinner5Gonn4Sin Member Posts: 103

Evil has a way of always finding you.

After you escaped it 4 times despite the wounds you collected, Mettle of Man activates.

Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State from the Injured State is ignored.

The next time you heal back to full health, your Aura will be revealed to the Killer when you are farther than 12/14/16 metres from the Killer.

Mettle of Man will deactivate the next time you are put into the Dying State.

Increases your chances of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

Essentially a risk/reward system that would reward you for breaking chase while being injured. 3 times would be cheap since Dead Hard is a thing, but other than that I always thought it would fit Ash a little better lorewise.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

That would just make the SWF bullying even worse.

4 Nea's circling the poor defenseless new killer clicking flashlights in his confused face while they try to get their chases for their epic montage video.

• Sinner5Gonn4Sin
    Sinner5Gonn4Sin Member Posts: 103

I thought it up with SoloQ in mind indeed, but if they could possibly make it so you don't get awarded a stack if the Bloodlust timer keeps ticking after you broke the chase wouldn't that fix the issue ?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Chasing is kinda broken tbh.

You can lose a chase EVEN if you see the surv.

Thats why im glad they changed Lithe >.<

• mithrios
    mithrios Member Posts: 120

i think you need precise and defined ways to get tokens and not something not constant like chase,

this is my main suggestion:

Evil has a way of always finding you.

After you earn 4 Protection Hit Score/Safe Hook Rescue on another Survivor in any combination, Mettle of Man activates.

Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State from the Injured State is ignored.

The next time you heal back to full health, your Aura will be revealed to the Killer when you are farther than 12/14/16 metres from the Killer.

Mettle of Man will deactivate the next time you are put into the Dying State.

Increases your chances of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

I challenge you to say that this change would make mom op, it woud be just more useful and more fun to use