Which frustrate you more when playing survivor

Laakeri
Laakeri Member Posts: 835
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

Your team mates or some killers playstyle?

For me its my fellow team mates and it has gotten much worse after Ruin nerf. Before you maybe had few survivors per day that didnt know how to lead killer in chase for more than 5 seconds, but now its in majority of rounds.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I mostly swf ngl so the killer often is the source of any frustration.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Hands down teammates. The hard tunneling killer or face camping bubba are few and far between for my games. Rank 5-6 at the moment.

Hook swapping on first hook, farming without BT, allergies to generators.

I don't expect to escape every game, but I'd like help doing gens and maybe not farmed too much

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Team Mates.

If I get chased for 2+ Minutes and 0 Gens are done, i know that the round is over for me.

Or I do 3 Gens alone. (Yeah the one getting chased is excused, but the other 2 not.)

Fun Fact: This happens in Red ranks.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Killers that resort to tunneling after getting a hook 15 seconds into the game. You’re doing fine, no need to play like that.

After that it’s survivors that dont do gens. Sooner you get the gens done the sooner we can escape. Its that simple.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

My teammate asked me before the match if Myers loses his tier 3 after breaking a pallet. I assumed that they were new to the game but they were actually rank 1 so yeah, ranks are absolutely useless these days.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

Teamsmate either trying to be annoying, "l33t" trolls like they saw on youtube one time or when they're running around doing literally nothing at all. Even when they are near gens.

Killers who face camp as well. The sudden shift to feeling invincible to you can't do much. DBD on both sides has a weird meta of winning harder or losing harder. I think it's very rare on either side I've seen a losing side make a comback.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Team mates.

In a corner doing nothing.

In chase for 2+ mins, no gens done

Running kindred, no killer near me, still hiding

Keep in mind, these are red ranks.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

When a survivor is toxic and bm's the killer in the end game screen. Especially if they, or we escape. That is something that makes my blood boil something fierce.

• Liannet
    Liannet Member Posts: 86

When my mates don't save me on 1 stage

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

I just don't like getting found first. ;)

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Definitely survivors.

Killers have a job to do. I can understand them resorting to underhanded tactics if things aren't going well for them. But when I'm going against a scummy killer with sandbagging teammates... that's just BS.

Worst I've had was two survivors block the gates by squatting beside eachother so I couldn't get past. Other was a teammate that trapped me in a locker by doing the open locker mechanic (after I went in to heal with inner strength after being tunnelled). For some reason his open locker always trumped my leave locker. I was trapped until the killer came back and surprisingly went for me...

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Teammates that self care while they are close enough to group heal while I'm on hook

I do understand that I shouldn't be a major priority but (phrase I can't say out loud) it'll take till 2nd stage for them too heal and get me.... even with a killer that doesn't want to take a stroll around the map to see what he sees

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Teammates

• Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158

Definitely teammates that are hiding in a corner using Selfish Care whilst people are on a hook.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

Teammates mistiming a pallet save or locker stun save

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Teammates. Somwtimes it becomes obvious within the first 20 seconds...

the hatch is what let me keep playing these matches.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

Teammates

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Teammates. Even if I play SWF, we usually know to put the blame on ourselves.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Bad teammates when you have a camping/tunneling killer is very annoying. Had that last night playing with my wife. She was slugged, he was camping, they were either in lockers, or wandering around aimlessly.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Teammates. I understand killers playing in a scummy fashion if they think the need to in order to win. My teammates on the other hand have no excuse for the stupid things they do. It's why I always have to laugh when killers say survivor is so easy. It is if your team is competent. Usually they aren't though.

• namjuunn
    namjuunn Member Posts: 43

definitely team mates. Ive had couples of games where we got gens done and got downed as the only survivor and as u can see the auras of others, literally no one went to unhook me, killer wasnt even tunneling nor camping. two idiots were standing next to the gate and opened but didnt even bother to come lol literally team mates the worst killers

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

I dont like getting tunneled. Thats it. Sure, having potato teammates sucks, but i dont really expect to escape in solo queue. I just want totems man. For the MEMEEEEEE

• HYthinger
    HYthinger Member Posts: 130

Definetly teammates. Solo survivor is getting worse and worse since survivors can just gen rush their way to rank one without skill. I for myself only play swf since i cant stand having survivors playing like rank 20s in red ranks. Ruin nerf made it even worse.

On the other side its pretty fun as killer since i only get 4ks (most of the time i let a good player get hatch because i dont want em to lose because they got potato mates).

Its so funny how survivors still manage to get downd in 20 seconds by m1 killers. XD

• Wesker
    Wesker Member Posts: 339

Well from future patch 4.0 we'll get all killer blinded

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited February 2020

I almost always play with at least 1 other person when I'm playing survivor so the way the killer plays is the worse imo. I couldn't care less if some of my teammates aren't doing much, but it's a little annoying when I see killers deliberately go out of their way to ruin the match for another person on my team. Don't really care if it happens to me though, I just play survivor to chill out and if I depip so be it, matches get even more relaxing in lower ranks anyway but the people I play with usually care quite a lot if they're being tunnelled etc so I try to help them out when I can. Honestly I WANT to be tunnelled in a match. If I've pissed off a killer so much that he wants to tunnel and facecamp me I consider that a win.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Team mates with gen phobia! Nothing worse. Way way more infuriating than anything the killer can do. And those who let go of the gen THE MOMENT I GO DOWN to get the save. Dude, he still needs to pick me up, carry me to a hook, hook me and check no one is around and maybe break a pallet... It's 30 seconds you could work on the gen!!!!

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178
    edited February 2020

100% teammates when playing solo i get unhooked a lot right next to the killer and the one unhooking normally doesn't have BT

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Equal amounts of both. I hate how little generators get done outside of me doing them, for most games, then I am the one who receives all the killer's hate for doing so.

Others hardcore tunnel and just go "I'm just doing my job". Your job is to kill 4 people, not just me genius. It's also better for your rank to spread damage around. Just ask Tru3 and his Wraith. No more than one generator is worked on in that time.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited February 2020

Nothing frustrates me playing survivor since it's easy mode, if I wanted to get frustrated I would play killer.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

As everyone else has said on here, its definitely bad team mates. I'm always solo when I play survivor and have had ALOT of games where we could have escaped if that one guy had just done a gen instead of crouching around doing nothing or if he hadn't DC'd 😡

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

100% my teammates. I love when I get chased long enough for three gens to get done and only one gets done because the other two were injured so they stand behind a tree and hope everyone else wins the game for them. Or the last time I played, I died on my first hook in 10 out of 14 games because no one would get me. Sometimes there were people in those games who hadn't even been touched once the entire game, much less hooked.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2020

Usually bad teammates, but lately dedicated servers. Getting hit even though you made a good play is frustrating af.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I get why many say bad teammates, those that don’t do gens/don’t unhook etc. But those are pretty rare (for me) and usually there is at least one teammate that is making up for it. I think it’s almost too boring if every teammate is playing super optimal.

I think killers that hardtunnel are more annoying. Either you get hardtunneled and need to be super good at looping (which also depends on hardware, internet connection etc) or you see another teammate get hardtunneled. There are two options: focus on gens and get out with barely a black pip, because you were not able to help or get chased. Or die trying to help the tunneled survivor. You and your teammates usually die this way but at least it’s more fun, especially when the killer switches target.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

If you play solo survivor, then it's both. That's why I'm playing more killer than 50/50, as I used to (that and I'm bp thirsty).

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited February 2020

Teammates everyday of the week. If killer mains want to know why there are so many swf teams at red ranks then heres why. My team lost the other day because our random did 1 gen, crouched walked around the whole map and didn't save people before struggle. Then when the last survivor was getting chased they waited at the door till the endgame timer was about to run out, meaning the survivor getting chased couldn't get the hatch.

Oh btw even though they were rank 1..

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Lately it's pig. I swear I'm never watching another saw movie again. Heckin' right click to win I swear. Rng is rng sure, but ugh.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Baby teammates.

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264

most unpleasant thing is when you make it to hold the killer for a while and you see no gens are being done in the meantime.

Funny fact is that when I play killer and someone holds me at least two gens pop, when I am the one holding the killer feels like the other survs are doing a pic-nic in the meantime :/

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267

Hopefully new mmr system will actually seperate these useless survivors from the ones who is actually doing something towards their team.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Team mates for sure. I got 1 hooked tonight as all 3 survivors just stood there crouching not doing anything for the entire duration of my hook phase. I had saved two of them and healed them to 100% too. I died. Decided to spectate and watch them save each other every single time. They were purple ranks too.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

######### team mates. No matter how the killer plays there's always a counter for it. Dumb survivors can't be helped. "You can't fix stupid"

• queue times.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Ruin skillchecks

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

That's the worst. Or when you're not found first but that survivor brings the killer over to you 😤

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Neither frustrate me, but i'd put fellow Survivors closer to frustration.