What do you say in the end game chat if the killer camped?

Options

I just say ggs. I don't really care about camping and tunneling because these actions give us an opportunity to win.

How about you? Let me know down below

ยซ1

Comments

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

I don't usually say anything, if I do its something along the lines of gg as well.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Depends, did they camp from the beginning and slash at the hooked persons body over and over?

Iโ€™ll say nothing

Or did they camp late game because they had little choice in the matter?

They get a gg

Was my team overly immersive and it was really difficult for them to find us?

They get a gg

Was the Killer a rank 20 with no add-ons or perks and camped because they didnโ€™t know any better?

They get a gg and Iโ€™ll let them kill me as well since the Devs should have had matchmaking fixed a long time ago.

Was it a basement Bubba and did my team ignore gens and keep throwing themselves at him in order to get the save?

They get a gg.

Really, the killer has to be super toxic for me to really not say gg. Since I really donโ€™t find camping or tunneling toxic, I donโ€™t really get mad. More often than not, I find Survivors are the ones that initiate toxic behavior during matches.

Now when I play killer, Iโ€™ll be more than happy to write GGEZ in chat if I demolished a sweaty SWF team that brought in red flashlights and multiple toolboxes. They either get enraged or remain silent, which makes me chuckle.

I usually try to be nice, but Iโ€™m not afraid to respond in kind when Iโ€™m mistreated.

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134
    Options

Daddy Myers please!!! I'm so turned on by your gaze staring into my soul

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I don't say anything. I don't tell people I'm doing well if I'm not, and I don't say it was a good game if it wasn't.

However, it does give me a bit of a chuckle when the other survivors come up with creative ways of calling it out, with references to tents and the great outdoors and that sort of thing. Assuming the killer was camping badly, of course, and not just hanging out near the hook for legitimate strategic reasons.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    Options

i dont say anything and just leave the post game lobby, most of the people i see camping are doing it just in the hopes of getting some salt out of you

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

gg ez if i escape while the killer camped someone else to death

• SL33PY
    SL33PY Member Posts: 71
    Options

Basement bubba lol I get so much salt for hooking someone in the basement and then protecting the hook when people rush down there before I can even leave the shack. Usually I get a double chainsaw hit and leave the person who was saved slugged but I still get salt because I guess if you jump down behind me before I even finish getting up the stairs all the way Iโ€™m suppose to let you get the unhook and let you both walk out and pretend I donโ€™t see or hear anything

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

"gg"

Because it's just a video game and has no effect on my life.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

If I'm still there I just say gg like usual honestly.

Most of the time it changes nothing, and if they make it clear they were genuinely "playing for salt" a GG is probably not what they were after in the first place, which is amusing to me ๐Ÿ˜„

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    Options

Nothing. I just go to the next game and deal with it. ggs from me are only for games that were good for both (high BP gain, good manners and etc.) to avoid hypocrisy.

• aurum_exe
    aurum_exe Member Posts: 182
    edited February 2020
    Options

Well, playing the game and reading the reply messages to this post, I have many doubts. In most games (8 out of 10), if the killer camps or tunnel, I read all sorts of insults and curses of various kinds. Here instead I read all mature messages of composed people. All good. All so understanding. Someone must be joking for sure.

As far as I'm concerned, it depends. If the camp occurs when all the generators have been repaired (or at least almost all), I understand it and go ahead by writing "gg". If the camp or the tunnel takes place in the early stages of the game, against any common sense and the killer lose the game because of it, then I write a nice "trashcan" (if the killer is at least in purple), because it is not a strategy but a waste of time for everyone that has no justification. I am not ashamed to say that I am one of those who get salty every now and then, if the killer acts shamelessly dirty, such as repeatedly hitting a survivor on the hook for a teabag. If instead the killer, playing in an intelligent and targeted way, without needing to camp or tunnel takes 4 kills home, I don't simply say "gg wp" but I congratulate him, because I know that it's not an easy role to play.

I can understand that sometimes "teabag" or "flashlight" clicking can trigger some killers to camp or tunnel, but very skilled killers in red ranks, don't fall in this trap and win. The "teabag" is actually a psychological game strategy. Often survivors who teabag try to push the killer into the tunneling trap. If the killer falls for it, he loses 4 generators in no time. What I can say to the killers, don't fall into this trap, so you don't need to camp and you don't get salty messages at the end of the game. Easy.

Post edited by aurum_exe on
  • IFeelFantastic
    IFeelFantastic Member Posts: 72
    Options

I say nothing to camping killers in the after-game chat. I only talk if something funny or surprising happened. I used to get really, REALLY angry at that, and curse and complain after the game, but I had a moment of clarity that changed my whole approach to campers. My new perspective is as follows:

I don't hold anything against anyone for anything they do in the game.

I know that there are as many reasons for playing DBD as there are players. It's easy to curse at someone for face-camping every survivor they catch... until you remember that you might in fact be playing against a 10 year old who just loaded the game for the first time and wants to see his/her handiwork up close. Maybe you're playing against someone getting drunk at home on a Saturday night and he just wants to goof around as a killer. I mean, there are so many unknowns and variables that you can't just mindlessly rage over someone camping you.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347
    edited February 2020
    Options

i always say "camp me harder daddy"

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

Nothing. I know a streamer who says its common courtesy to say "gg" if it wasn't, but if the game was bad then I won't say anything.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2020
    Options

I say nothing. If the killer face camped me the entire hook duration while everyone else did gens, they screwed up as killer. If he face camped me to death and my team didn't do any gens, I yell at them not the killer.

If the killer camped me because the gates were open and they had no one shot, I'm fine with that. With BT, DS and body blocking it's almost impossible to down someone else before they get out.

If the killer has 2 people in the basement I don't blame them for camping. The other 2 could probably finish the other gens but according to the dev, 2k is fair :P

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Don't say anything at all, i couldn't care less in all honesty.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I just tell them that they can't get better if they just camp and move on. Can't tell someone how to play but you can tell that they aren't skilled

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394
    Options

You will develop slugging and juggling skills when you face camp an over altruistic swf at red ranks. Its harder then you think if they are an optimal swf.

• Liannet
    Liannet Member Posts: 86
    Options

If I get facecamping by Myers I write "thanks" cuz he is my favourite killer and I see him very rarely. In other cases, I don't say anything.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Nothing, it's mostly closed anyway.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212
    Options

You have to ask, thank me later everyone

1) Berate and bombard the killer with PM's till he quit for the day

2) screenshot endscreen lobby and "accidentally forget to blur just the killers name"

3) Go to forum, create thread with title why killers have to camp and tag a mod/dev

4) Ensure to distort/conceal facts about how me and my swf are being toxic/looping/gen rush etc

5) Wait for next or subsequent patch where devs teleport hooked survivors while within killer terror radius

EZzz

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

Usually just say god you're trash

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

:O 5 words

You didn't say yes or no this time ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

"GG man, just have in mind camping and tunneling as a strategy will mostly get you 2- kills, try bringging MYC to pump those up"

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2020
    Options

I will sometimes drop a gg, while other times, i will say "gg camper" or "lol camp"

It varies whether the killer was really scummy or not

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

gg wp

Then I flame whoever tries to bm the killer.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    edited February 2020
    Options

Usually just gg. I don't really see camping or tunneling as an issue. Both have huge downsides for the killer if the survivors play it right. If I get camped or tunneled to death, I play again or don't. I genuinely don't see why there's a consistent uproar about either one. Neither is unfun to me as a survivor

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    Options

Upseti spaghetti. That goes to the quotes I use list xd

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

If it was a good game and they camped because we outplayed them and they had no option, nothing.

If they camp first hook and 3 others escape due to their ignorance: "you dont get many sacrifices, do you? I'm honored to be your hook of the day."

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747
    Options

It depends.

If he got gen rushed, I'd say something along the lines of "gg man, this game is broken, it's survivor-sided, the devs are survivor-sided, this map is survivor-sided, the devs don't fix the infinite windows, the map design is garbage, there was nothing you could do in that match".

If he doesn't camp in the entire match and he camps the last hook, I'd probably be on his side saying to my teammates who are probably complaining "shut up, you have to camp the last hook, stop crying like baby survivors"

If he plays like camping, I'll probably move on. But those are rare cases, on our region, all the campers are well known, and you change nothing by insulting them, they'll just keep camping because they want the salt at the end of the game. They're the equivalent to toxic survivors who say "ez" every game.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    Options

99% of the time nothing. As a killer main I know all too well what nastiness survivors are capable of in the endgame chat. I will only say something if they camped me through both hook states when not in the EGC and/were hitting me while doing so.

Even then I'm not going to type out toxic insults, usually it's something like: "Why so toxic killer?"

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

That legit made me laugh out loud.

Being a console scrub it's a nonissue for me.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Why you gotta make me hungry? Now I gotta stop for some ground beef when I go home from work.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options

Nothing in every case, leave and get another match

• Carpemortum
    Options

Oh I'm on console too. That's just my response/message to them. I dont get hateful or salty and "######### you garbage" etc. But I let them know I feel for them. They never like that.

Especially when they message me after smacking me nonstop: "gg ez" or "you dont get points".

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

If it's a hardcore proxy camper on 5 gens:

"bring a tent with you next time"

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Nothing, I dont want to give them that satisfaction.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I have my stuff set to private. So I never have to deal with it.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    Options

I got the joke. Bring a tent to camp....

Nice joke I liked it

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

Nothing, I play on ps4

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Nothing.

Game chat is a toilet.

Continue > New Match.

• Carpemortum
    Options

I thought about doing that, but I like the salty messages whenever I decide to pick up my saw as a member of Bubba Gang. Sometimes I even get through to a normal human being. That's always a bonus.