Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Or 2/5ths would be reasonable too, so?

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

The first few gens are much less than 2/5. Generators are easier to pressure the fewer gens/survivors on gens there are.

The first chase is usually a bit greater than 1/10 but this often varies. Some killers/maps do long chases to start that make later chases shorter because of survivor resources lost, while others have consistently short/medium chases which can sometimes make chase less than 1/12 of the killer objective.

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378
    Options

Lol it was a typo meant to be 3/5th. It won’t let me change it rn

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Which an escape guarantee's an iri in the survival emblem. Then with other points added if you're not at least getting a pip then you're probably a very bad survivor 🤣🤣🤣.

By Dev's standards btw, an escape = win.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

By dev's standards dying is also a win

Nice try but you're too predictable now bud

• NullEXE
    Options
  • MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Been saying this for awhile now. Survivors don't have enough objectives while killers have too many

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Incorrect. An escape guarantees a GOLD in survival. Escaping without being downed is an iridescent.

• NullEXE
    Options

That's true, sorry i'm not used to getting downed as survivor so I seem to forget that I can.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Cause 5 gens ensure an escape? Thats new to me.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I've had 2 gens pop before I found a single survivor.

You want to know how many more popped before the end? One.

And before you even ask, Pig on Haddonfield. Rank 12 vsing ranks 14-6. No tunnelling or camping, 2 DC's one was on death hook, other was a toxic Jake.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

I'd count the gate as an objective making it 1/6th

So gens are 80seconds each plus 20 for the gate so each survivor is responsible for 105 seconds of an objective or 7 minutes for the group. AT BASE

So it all comes down to this 35 seconds for chase, a down and a hook is expected for a killer each time. 12 times with no mistakes to get a 4k win. Dispite how the last guy gets free hatch

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
  • NullEXE
    Options

I love you - Marry me. I'll make clown noises for you

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378
    edited February 2020
    Options

No one is implying that 12 hooks is a win. It’s just the max number. Survivors shouldn’t be able to finish 3/5ths of their objective in the time that a GOOD killer can down a DECENT survivor due large maps, many pallets/vaults/loops, and bad rng. You can’t act like that’s not a problem. The devs don’t even have set standard of what a technical win is, but survivors should not be able to escape so easily for holding a button and hitting “skill” checks. It’s like when people play Palpetine in Star Wars and act like that was fun game cause they held a button to get kills, or in this case “win”. Maybe if survivor gameplay actually required skill while doing objectives instead of slight amount of “teamwork” and an infinite supply of crutches... maybe this game would more enjoyed and there would be less people constantly pissed off by the state of this game. Also, it’s a horror game... I shouldn’t be laughing at killers as much as I do when I play survivor. Let’s face it, survivor gameplay is more stale than ever and killer gameplay is more irritating than fun. The only thing keeping this game alive is this false that the devs will actually ever sit down and think about to their job. Goodbye.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

While that's techncially true, it only means anything if we're assuming that survivors repair generators at a constant rate throughout the game, and same with killers and their hooks. Which we all know is far from being the case.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

^ This is basically an easy way to explain it.

Not every Gen values the same amount of Completion. If the first two Gens are done, this does not mean that 40% are done. Not every Gen takes 20%, because this would only be the case, if nothing would prevent the Survivors from doing Gens. But there is one thing preventing them - the Killer.

The more the game advances, less Ressources are available. Pallets are gone to prolong a Chase, Survivors are forced into altruistic Actions, etc.

Let alone the time it takes until each Generator is completed after the completion of the previous Generator. If I start at a Gen at the beginning of the Match, it is done after 80 seconds, if I am not found by the Killer. But from that on, the completion of the next Gen (by myself) will take more than 80 seconds - I will at least need to travel to the Gen. Maybe I am not even able to get to it, because the Killer finds me. Or, I can be distracted, either by important things (e.g. unhooking another Survivor aka the Killer applying Pressure) or because I tend to be a little bit less productive (cleansing a Totem, looting a chest...).

So yeah, this calculation of 1/5 and 1/12 is not really logical and flawed. But I know where it has its origin, so I am not surprised.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    edited June 2020
    Options

The devs have stated that the balance they aim for is a 50% escape rate, so technically, the killer's objective has 6 parts, not 12. Plus, Survivors also have to open an Exit Gate which takes 1/4 the time as a gen, so they have 5.25 parts.

If the killer spent 80 seconds getting their first hook then Survivors likely have completed 3/5 of their objective while the killer only has 1/6 (Survivors: 18/30 Killer: 5/30)

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Thanks for the necro /s, I thought this topic was dead and I was happy it was.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

I saw a comment the other day about the killers only getting 1/12 of their objective done. I wanted to comment on that thread, did a search, and found this thread. Didn't bother checking the date until after I had posted.