The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If Cross- Progression Gets Added, Are You Switching?

Just kind of curious. Would you switch fromX to Y? Or do you think it's not worth it?

Comments

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

i am asking cross progession a long time ago i play in all plataforms and have different progression in all of them, some i dont have dlc another i have all dlcs, if cross progession was implemented i think i only will go play more cause then i will be able to play everywhere

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

I wouldn't switch, but i certainly would Switch

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

I won't switch, but I will buy DBD FOR the switch and play it on there sometimes.

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251

I'm begging for cross progression i play on switch and xbox and I just cant take brown ranks anymore.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

If there was cross progression, I'd probably buy a Switch unless mobile DBD is out soon.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

I think the switch version looks like crap, besides switches are for Smash Bros, not DBD.

• perpill
    perpill Member Posts: 58

I just want mouse and keyboard controls for PS4. That's why I don't try Hunter or Nurse. I'm not great with controllers.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

No. Maybe cross PLAY was added and it was all one big community. I'd play a bit more pc if that happened.

Otherwise i'll just stay over on ps4.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I would switch, but I have a potato computer, so it would be impossible

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I don't care about cross progression. I just want to see actual cross-platform. I got friends on Xbox who want to play with me.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I wouldn't switch, just play on multiple platforms since I don't have to play catch up by wasting time and money on content I should already own.

For the people who already purchased content that they should already own on their other accounts, they should receive heavy compensation.

I was thinking they receive Legacy Charm for supporting BHVR and they get a full refund on all duplicate content they bought. Otherwise, I think it would be incredibly demoralizing to see those players waste time and money when cross-progression could've saved them those resources. 😕

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

If all the DLC I've bought also crosses over, I'd probably buy the game for PC.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

I would certainly keep playing on PC and mobile if devs release it.

• bigthiccy
    bigthiccy Member Posts: 9

DBD on switch isnt horrible. Last time I played it my teammates weren't the brightest but it is kinda fun to mess with baby killers a bit

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    edited February 2020

sure i'll play switch a hellalot more

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

PC is my dream since I saw an PC gameplay

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

no id be pissed that i spent an extra 60$ on dlc and outfits for pc that i had on ps4

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Then that's your fault, just because you doubled up on cosmetics and DLC doesn't mean that cross-progression is wrong to add in.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

It’s just such a win win.. let’s say you play DBD on PC but you have 3 friends that either don’t play it on console or they do.. you stand to build the console player base by 4 and a minimum of 1.

If there was also console cross play implemented then console players benefit even more.

The real question is if the PC player base would fall. I don’t see it the other way around simply because a console only owner is not likely going to go through the trouble of building a proper PC.

If DBD on console had keyboard and mouse capabilities then I think things could be a little different in a good way.

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

I have the Switch and I would like to play on something that gets more then 10 fps in Hawkins or any map that has an ambient weather detail.

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

It depends on how they would go about it. If it was just from the day it started and forward, I'd just keep playing on PC. I have my primary Steam account with 1.6K hours and a secondary with 1K hours. If they were to allow you to "cash in" the blood points you spent on other accounts and meld it into the account of your choice, I'd have enough points to have all my killers and survivors P3 with all perks. I have at least 3K hours of console (2 Xbox accounts and one PS4 account) I'd like to cash in and bank into my main Steam account. If not, there would be overlap. Example: The same character P3'd on multiple accounts and same characters with equal levels. Melding two mirrored accounts wouldn't do much for you. Imposing one of my Xbox accounts across all accounts would advance it the most on all platforms, but I'd be taking a step back too. I have a few characters that have all perks on both killer and survivor. My old Xbox account has P3 with some perks on most all survivors and killers, but I haven't played it since the Plague so no character from that point has had any points put in them.

This game is almost 4 years old. Many of us have played it on multiple platforms for many, many hours. For it to truly give you back all your time invested, they'd just have to do a rough math on how many blood points were put into those characters on that account and refund it to you in blood points so you didn't lose a lot of hard work.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

If cross-progression is added, I won't switch from Xbox back to PC, BUT I would hope to bring my Legacy skins for Jake from PC to Xbox

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

i would probably switch, it's easier to stream from the PC.. but i want to have everything i bought on Xbox ( it was a lot)