SWF opt-out

Options

I swear 98% of the games I played on ps4 are swf. Devs need to add an option to opt-out from swf if the killer wants to, you can always go kyf if you want to play with friends. And then there's all that salt after the game when they start spamming you with messages that you suck after they get sacrificed.

Comments

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    If they gave reward for going against SWF it would work... say double BP or something.. it could work.. it would give noobie killers the option of dodging a possible bully moment and reward the experienced killers at the same time.. because I do believe that the more experienced killers would still take up the challenge 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    If they gave reward for going against SWF it would work... say double BP or something.. it could work.. it would give noobie killers the option of dodging a possible bully moment and reward the experienced killers at the same time.. because I do believe that the more experienced killers would still take up the challenge 

I definitely wouldn't mind that

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    No killer would opt in. The game would quickly see a sharp decline in survivor players. KYF doesn’t appeal to people because you don’t earn anything and thus can’t level up. 

Honestly, you just have to use your best judgment in the lobby and dodge if the team looks shady. That’s all you can really do. 

There is a good reason why kyf doesn't grant you any rewards. So why should swf? When there is an unfair advantage.

Because in swf you "cant" farm
  • ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

I understand the frustrating. I for sure sometimes dodge SWF groups. But there is no way they would do that. It would be a really dumb move on the part of their future hopes for the game sustaining them financially.

Hey ya know all those people who play together? You mean the people who probably make up more than half of the survivor population? Yeah lets give killers the chance to entirely avoid them. Really bad business move.

Reminds me of someone asking for an option to avoid DLC killers. Like seriously? Hey guys we wan't you to PAY Us extra money to play as these killers. But we will let anyone avoid a killer they want.

Also disagree to the person who said 90% of the time solo players are useless. I feel the game is most fair when it is solo players. Most of the time they're good. Every now and then you get a lame who dc's because he got downed fast.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    yeet said:

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    @HellDescent have you played survivor? 90% of the time, solo teammates are useless. It’s either every man for himself or a farmers convention. I understand that some SWF squads may be toxic (I’ve had my share of them as killer), but the majority of us are not. We just want to play with people who know what they’re doing instead of idiots who still run through all the hag traps under the hook at rank 1. 

"waaah i need swf to win"

Exactly what I see in their replies as well... I do fine when I play solo and if I and other people can play solo and have some success why cant other players .... "shrugs"
  • Vietfox
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    This game needs a hardcore mode.
    No SWF, no perks, no heartbeat, no scratch marks, no aura reading, etc.

Players could get a bp bonus for playing and an additional bonus if they play with/against normal players and/or swf.
    That would be awesome. Post it in the wishlist if you havent already.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

It is a terrible move to allow people to opt out SWF. Killers can at least endure SWF but survivors will not play the game if they can not play it without their friends. It seems to me that most of the time SWFs do not play to win the game since It is really easy to win with voice comms.

They can give the killer extra perk slots or addons or BPs etc. but I do not think that they will remove SWF in the future. Killers have to deal with it sadly.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

Yep Double BP vs SWF groups sounds nice, there needs to be incentive for Killers aka being rewarded

atm all killers just dodge since theres no rewards nothing and u get punished for it

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    SWF? Heh, if they come item heavy use Franklin to break their hearts, IG to help DS and any tracking perk you like, BBQ/BM my 2 favs. Also force their gen repairs to certain gens in ######### up spots if possible. I only dodge SWF if its 4 flashlights or 4 tooleys. If its mixed items i play idc. Id say give killer 20% BP bonus per SWF. So thats 80% more BP for running against them if full
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@Shadoureon said:

@yeet said:

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    @HellDescent have you played survivor? 90% of the time, solo teammates are useless. It’s either every man for himself or a farmers convention. I understand that some SWF squads may be toxic (I’ve had my share of them as killer), but the majority of us are not. We just want to play with people who know what they’re doing instead of idiots who still run through all the hag traps under the hook at rank 1. 

"waaah i need swf to win"

"waaah i need 4 solo survivors to win"

seeing as how that's literally what the game is balanced around omegalul

• Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186
    Options

@Vietfox count me in with the SWF bashing. The whole game wasn't designed around the idea of survivor having voice communication anyway.
    Also, I didn't noticed before playing killer more intensely last week, but SWF also ignore ranks !
    Yeah, that's right, not only I was learning to play killer, and survivors where cheating already because of voice coms (I say cheating because they use a extern program for the communication, to have an edge on the game), but on the top of that I had many outranked people in my lobby (a rank 2 once) even though I was rank 15 !

Note that I was against SWF already, even when I wasa survivor main. Anyway I know people want to survive with their super dupper team of friends, so here's a deal:

• Please do not try to bribe me with more blood points. I'm not SWF's people prostitute ... I play to enjoy my time, not to their enjoyment, nor to farm any kind of points.

• As a novice killer I'd like to have fun learning the game. So I suppose, it should be easier for me to play against those cheating and odd-ranked SWF players. I propose that for each SWF teamate a player has, that player might have one less perk slot for the duration of the game. For example: if a player has 3 teamate (full team of 4 then), he have only access to 1 perk for the game. If there is 2 teams of 2 player each, all of them might have a maximum of 3 perks.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    No killer would opt in. The game would quickly see a sharp decline in survivor players. KYF doesn’t appeal to people because you don’t earn anything and thus can’t level up. 

Honestly, you just have to use your best judgment in the lobby and dodge if the team looks shady. That’s all you can really do. 

Reward killer for playing SWF, for extra BP i would indeed play a few SWF games per day

• Vietfox
    Options
    Utna said:

@Vietfox count me in with the SWF bashing. The whole game wasn't designed around the idea of survivor having voice communication anyway.
    Also, I didn't noticed before playing killer more intensely last week, but SWF also ignore ranks !
    Yeah, that's right, not only I was learning to play killer, and survivors where cheating already because of voice coms (I say cheating because they use a extern program for the communication, to have an edge on the game), but on the top of that I had many outranked people in my lobby (a rank 2 once) even though I was rank 15 !

Note that I was against SWF already, even when I wasa survivor main. Anyway I know people want to survive with their super dupper team of friends, so here's a deal:

• Please do not try to bribe me with more blood points. I'm not SWF's people prostitute ... I play to enjoy my time, not to their enjoyment, nor to farm any kind of points.

• As a novice killer I'd like to have fun learning the game. So I suppose, it should be easier for me to play against those cheating and odd-ranked SWF players. I propose that for each SWF teamate a player has, that player might have one less perk slot for the duration of the game. For example: if a player has 3 teamate (full team of 4 then), he have only access to 1 perk for the game. If there is 2 teams of 2 player each, all of them might have a maximum of 3 perks.

What i meant is comments like "oh i need swf to win" and stuff.
    I absolutely agree that SWF needs a especial treatment, i've said that more than once. Me and some people have suggested to nerf survivors perks who are playing with friends, you suggest to remove 1 perk per friend, which i personally find too harsh, but it's your opinion.
    PS: i wouldnt call using voice comms a cheat because you are not tweaking any game's code, but ok.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

@ACEvHEARTS said:

There is a good reason why kyf doesn't grant you any rewards. So why should swf? When there is an unfair advantage.

Yes, because playing with you buddy as killer would allow you to farm points and grief others. SWF doesn't have that problem. That's just a red herring.
  • Utna
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    I absolutely agree that SWF needs a especial treatment, i've said that more than once. Me and some people have suggested to nerf survivors perks who are playing with friends, you suggest to remove 1 perk per friend, which i personally find too harsh, but it's your opinion.

You're right, that might be too harsh, but I like the idea anyway because it is so simple. No much code to add, almost anything more to design AND no eventual balance mess. I mean if team of 3 or 4 are not worth it, people might preffer to play by pair of two, wich I believe is quite not the same in the killer point of view.

@Vietfox said:
    PS: i wouldnt call using voice comms a cheat because you are not tweaking any game's code, but ok.

Here's a quote from the Game Ban Rules topic in this forum: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/12762/game-ban-rules-and-how-to-report-players#latest
    Other hacks
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. Heavy proof and a video recording is mandatory.

Did any voice communication program have been officialy whitelisted ?

• Vietfox
    Options
    Utna said:

I dont know. Since i need steam to play DbD would steam voice comms be allowed if others aren't?
  • Utna
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Utna said:

I dont know. Since i need steam to play DbD would steam voice comms be allowed if others aren't?

All I know is, I tried SWF just once with someone I befriended on Steam. Thanks to the Steam live chat, he told me how to create a TeamSpeak account ... and we played with that voice comms service. So unless TeamSpeak was one of the whitelisted program, I've been cheating that day, and if someone could have given the proof of it, according to the dev's rules, I would have been banned.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options
    Bravo0413 said:
    I would LOVE double blood point at the cost of having to face SWF groups. Plus, it would make the blood point grind less tedious. BBQ and Chili, and We're gonna live forever can only do so much 
  • HellDescent
    Options

I'm just gonna start dcing from lobbys if I see 4 people join at once.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Peanits said:
    HellDescent said:

@ACEvHEARTS said:

Yes, because playing with you buddy as killer would allow you to farm points and grief others. SWF doesn't have that problem. That's just a red herring.

Against some SWF you have to verse, I feel indeed being griefed.
    But you can always DC I guess? What a great solution....

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    Options

It would be interesting if they had a game mode that allowed the killer to have a partner. 6 survivors, 2 killers, 7 generators.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    edited August 2018
    Options

They just need to change it so that SWF only gives BP, no rank or player progress (I'd prefer it be removed entirely, but that'll never happen).

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    The game is fun with friends.

The game is not as fun without friends.

I respectfully disagree with that statement. When I play survivor, I have just as much fun running solo as I do with SWF. Honestly, I probably have a bit more fun because of the element of surprise is there more than it is with comms.

@Visionmaker said:
    They should introduce an AI mode for killers who cannot stand the challenge. 

You mean like survivors standing the challenge of playing this game how it was intended to be played, no friends, no comms, 4 strangers against a killer. Maybe survivors could also use an AI mode as well.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited August 2018
    Options

@HellDescent said:
    Killers don't play the game to amuse and entertain swf parties. Go play kyf.

Most play this game to enjoy it as swf, so they have just as much right to have fun as the killer does. So who cares because you'll dc and or lobby dodge against 4 solos if you can't down someone. Don't get the map you wanted as killer, quit, don't like the offerings, quit.

I've watched as 4 ppl all join singly repeatedly and the killer dodges because gasp the survivors dare bring 1 or more fl, tb, med kits. I've watched killers dodge the moment they see more than 1 P3. What quite a few of you complainers actually want are easy games, not a challenge.

When I'm killer i could care less if it's a swf group with 4 fl or 4 DS. I'm going to try and kill everyone regardless of who you are or what you bring. I enjoy the challenge and quite often I get wrecked, but I also get 4ks occasionally as well. I use their strengths against them since I know how they'll play, someones hooked well someones coming to rescue.

Because I know how they'll play I know which ways they'll take to go for that rescue and quite often the hooked person gets to stage 2 on the hook. While they might get rescued now they'll do everything they can to avoid my attention. If I find that person the others will quite often body block for them.

That means between 1-4 people are now not on gens and I get free hits in thus making them stay off gens longer. There's the added benefit that taking on swf makes you a better killer over the long run since you sharpen your reflexes. Your bad habits as a killer get exposed, the mistakes you make and get away with you can't get away with anymore.

• Utna
    Options

@powerbats said:

@HellDescent said:

Most play this game to enjoy it as swf, so they have just as much right to have fun as the killer does. So who cares because you'll dc and or lobby dodge against 4 solos if you can't down someone. Don't get the map you wanted as killer, quit, don't like the offerings, quit.

I've watched as 4 ppl all join singly repeatedly and the killer dodges because gasp the survivors dare bring 1 or more fl, tb, med kits. I've watched killers dodge the moment they see more than 1 P3. What quite a few of you complainers actually want are easy games, not a challenge.

When I'm killer i could care less if it's a swf group with 4 fl or 4 DS. I'm going to try and kill everyone regardless of who you are or what you bring. I enjoy the challenge and quite often I get wrecked, but I also get 4ks occasionally as well. I use their strengths against them since I know how they'll play, someones hooked well someones coming to rescue.

Because I know how they'll play I know which ways they'll take to go for that rescue and quite often the hooked person gets to stage 2 on the hook. While they might get rescued now they'll do everything they can to avoid my attention. If I find that person the others will quite often body block for them.

That means between 1-4 people are now not on gens and I get free hits in thus making them stay off gens longer. There's the added benefit that taking on swf makes you a better killer over the long run since you sharpen your reflexes. Your bad habits as a killer get exposed, the mistakes you make and get away with you can't get away with anymore.

Nice story dude. Still the game was not designed to support team communication, so its balance is wrecked because of SWF parties. Those are not complaints, nor this is an epic tale about how we can overcome our weaknesses. This are just facts.

But hopefully, when the balance will be found eventually, that day feel free to complain about the game being too easy, and we might discuss a solution to fix your personnal problem.

• SuperiorityComplex
    SuperiorityComplex Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Not to mention all the people saying “killers just want easy games” is moot because playing in SWF is as easy as a game as it gets 
  • HellDescent
    edited August 2018
    Options

@powerbats said:

@HellDescent said:

The topic of this discussion is to have an option to opt-out from swf. If you wanna play swf I couldn't care less, it's up to you. A lot of people don't want survivors on comms and toxic games. So don't try to justify that swf is equally fare to everyone. A lot of people don't want to be put in those lobbys. So the only 3 choices to make here is to blacklist any kind of communications, which is impossible to do, give the killer a heads up before the game that he'll be going up against a bunch survivors on mics constantly communicating with each other about where the killer at and what he's doing, in order to create a different one if he wishes so or an option to opt-out from swf completely.

• powerbats
    Options

@Utna said:

Nice story dude. Still the game was not designed to support team communication, so its balance is wrecked because of SWF parties. Those are not complaints, nor this is an epic tale about how we can overcome our weaknesses. This are just facts.

But hopefully, when the balance will be found eventually, that day feel free to complain about the game being too easy, and we might discuss a solution to fix your personnal problem.

The game has ahd swf for quite some time now yet you and others like you use that solely a a complaint. I don't have a personal problem with the game on either side but nice failed insult try there. Do I think the game has issues of course, all games do.

But see unlike you and a few others I don't use those as crutches nor excuses, I choose to take challenges head on. You think the survivors sitting at the campfire won't talk to each other, in game they won't possibly use hand sings, they won't talk to each other in game.

They won't be in game hey I saw the killer go that way, we should go work on the gen over there. That's where the communication thing comes in. There's going to be some form or other and you think that the 4 solo players aren't going to use voice?

The swf is here to stay and you know that people like to play with friends. Those friends like to talk to each other and most swf groups are there to just enjoy the game. They laugh at their mistakes and those of the killer, yell, complain about same, insult each other for bad plays etc.

All games aren't designed the way they eventually evolve into, changes get made and new things come while old things sometimes leave.It's the nature of the gaming industry, change is constant and if you don't change you die out, simple as that.

But when they finally change things in regards to swf perhaps having a non ranked mode, you lot will still blame it or something else. Because for you few there's always something that has to be to blame.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

The problem with opt out is that the que times would just get worst for one side or the other even if rewards are insisted for playing one or the other.

• powerbats
    Options

@HellDescent said:

The topic of this discussion is to have an option to opt-out from swf. If you wanna play swf I couldn't care less, it's up to you. A lot of people don't want survivors on comms and toxic games. So don't try to justify that swf is equally fare to everyone. A lot of people don't want to be put in those lobbys. So the only 3 choices to make here is to blacklist any kind of communications, which is impossible to do, give the killer a heads up before the game that he'll be going up against a bunch survivors on mics constantly communicating with each other about where the killer at and what he's doing, in order to create a different one if he wishes so or an option to opt-out from swf completely.

As has been discussed ad nauseum they're not going to give you an opt out option and the toxic games how often does that actually happen? Riot games along with MIT I believe did a study on toxicity and how it's remembered. The study found that most games where the person remembered toxicity there wasn't actually any at all.

But because they'd had a bad game experience sometime prior that carried over to a future game or games. Because when asked to remember specific bad games, they were then shown the chat logs form those games and realized it wasn't a toxic game at all.

So the whole toxic swf is just an excuse and or a subliminal thing that isn't based upon fact but upon emotion. I've actually said if you want an opt out option then you should be given it but at a price. You should never be allowed out of that option ever again without buying a new game.

The response you few killer mains give is why should you be locked out if you paid for the game. Well why should you get a special lobby versus people that bought the game and want to enjoy with friends? Besides if you're so against swf and will always dodge them or if you think it's swf dodge.

Therefore you should have no issue with being permanently put into a solo queue only lobby system. That way you can never go into a lobby that might contain a swf just to dodge them. I've yet to see a single killer asking for opt outs agree to this.

The reason is simple, you all know your lobby wait times will be atrocious and so you don't want to take your medicine you asked for so to speak. If 70% of all games lobbies are swf that leaves you with 30% non swf which means you'd ahe to share those lobbies with others.

Now since there's be less players to go around your wait times would make the match waiting times now due to the match making but look like a cakewalk. So in essence you only want opt outs for when it's convenient because if lobby waits are short you can dodge with impunity.

But if lobby wait times are intense you won't dodge because otherwise you won't get a lobby for a very long time. I've had games where at rank 1-2 in early am PST timezone there'd be a pool of perhaps 20 survivors.The killers would dodge because they didn't want to face certain solo groups but eventually they had no choice because there wasn't a large enough pool of ppl.

So if given the choice between lobbies with probably wait times of 15 minutes to 2 hours or quicker lobbies we all know you'll choose the quicker lobbies. But again I'd love to see them give you the 1 time opt out option and make you all choose and get locked into it.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    When will the devs just sanction SWF voice comms so we can at least move on to arguing about how to balance instead of whether it should exist?  I can't be the only one tired of the endless "SWF is cheating" and "remove SWF" threads that go nowhere.

I enjoy playing solo and swf with my friends and, to be honest, I don't think the difference is that big.  In fact, I usually do better solo because I'm not distracted by voice chat and I'm not being stupidly altruistic to save a friend who is being camped.
  • Utna
    edited August 2018
    Options

Guys (@Baphomett and @powerbats ), here we're discussing a problem and its possible solution. You have the right to not believe in said problem, no harm done, but for G sake, don't come here to disrupt our nice conversation. If you wish so, there is plenty room in this forum. Feel free to start a new conversation where you might complain about people complaining too much.

Just to be clear: I'm not saying you shouldn't tell us how you feel about our point of view. But there is another place for that, because here is the place where we talking about possible solution for killers tired of the SWF groups.

So here I go : I do not believe the devs can cut SWF off the game, nor they can separate them in the lobbies from the solo players ... in fact I believe solo player are usefull to SWF mostly as filler to reach the mandatory 4 survivors. I feel the killer should not be rewarded either for having players cheating on his own game (voice com were never part of the game, hence those are cheats).

So I believe the solution should be to remove perk slot to the SWF players. One less perk slot for each friend teamate. This might encourage SWF to go with teams of 2 instead of 4 which might be much better for the game balance.

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187
    Options

We just want to play with people who know what they’re doing instead of idiots who still run through all the hag traps under the hook at rank 1. 

This is the key problem of SWF. I understand your point of view. I know there are idiots out there, it happens to every single one of us, but it is part of the game. Everyone needs to learn in this game at some point. If everyone could choose to play with experts they would because that increases their chance of winning.

I don't consider voice comms or swf cheating, but they both increase the survivability for the survivor team. That puts killers at a disadvantage. I believe it is one thing if you beat me on pure skill and decision making, but it is another because you are more informed. I know that not every team is set up to be toxic or set up to be a tactical swat team with you do X and I will do Y. But you must admit 30 seconds into a game Killer is ______ and is chasing me. That gives you information that you would not know if you were not in voice comms (Part of why solos are seen as bad). Or the killer has instant hatchets etc. The other thing is post-death survivors all know the perks in voice comms. So while I don't think it is cheating, the game was not built from the ground up for that kind of information on the survivor's side.

This in-game information is like running a few extra perks. Bond, Empathy, other aura-reading abilities. Does it mean that all survivors need to lose a perk, no, but there should be some way to give a better advantage to a killer. Maybe an extra perk to the killer for SWF games. They get 5 slots and they won't know the team is SWF until either in the game or after the game, but they still get their advantage perks.

Now a few things can be changed. Killer's perks/add-ons don't show up in the scoreboard until after the killer has ended the match via DC or all killed/escaped. Maybe give them a slight increase to speed (BL 1) to make up for the information sharing that can be given to SWF teams (this could even be the first 2(or more) minutes of a trial.

With that being said, the one thing we should not do is disable SWF teams. Part of me is even against extra BP (that is selfish reasons because lobbies for killer are already long during 2X BP weekends it will just be even worse). Disabling SWF would make lobby times for those players longer and it could even cause the issue that SWF helped fix which was lobby dodging to be with friends.

Overall, SWF is not perfect, but we should build around it versus trying to exclude it.

• powerbats
    Options

@Utna said:

So here I go : I do not believe the devs can cut SWF off the game, nor they can separate them in the lobbies from the solo players ... in fact I believe solo player are usefull to SWF mostly as filler to reach the mandatory 4 survivors. I feel the killer should not be rewarded either for having players cheating on his own game (voice com were never part of the game, hence those are cheats).

So I believe the solution should be to remove perk slot to the SWF players. One less perk slot for each friend teamate. This might encourage SWF to go with teams of 2 instead of 4 which might be much better for the game balance.

Ok voice comss aren't cheats the same as perks aren't cheats and both sides need to stop with the excuse that something is a cheat. The devs have flat out said voice comss aren't cheats nor are perks so just stop.

As far as removing how often do you actually face a full 4 man swf really? Most often when I swf it's with 1 person and then usually only for a few games. When I'm solo most often there's only a duo swf group. When I'm a killer it's rare to face more than a duo swf.

Removing perks just because someone wants to have fun isn't the way to go and adding a 5th perk slot probably isn't either. What will really help killers is better map balance to start cough Barn cough.. If the remove and or tweak the endless loop spots as they've already started doing that's more of an immediate impact.

Since if you add a 5th perk slot you have t deal with balance again, because now you just whacked the balance adjustments you made for that killer. You add a 5th slot now does that really help the killer or make them weaker in the sense that they start taking perks not effective etc.

What does that do to their power curve then, do you have to stop and change the improvements you had already planned. If you add a 5th perk slot you run into the law of unintended consequences. Similar to when they introduced one thing and it became looping.

I don't have a problem with giving killers bonus bp or perhaps a bonus versus swf, but how do you balance that for the solo queue players? How hard is it to make the buffs only work against the swf people without letting the killer know who's who?

Since if the killer knows players 1 and 2 are swf or even 1-3 he'll tunnel and camp the solo queues because they're much easier.