Freddy Build.

Options

Been using this for a little bit, Wanted to get your guy's thoughts.

Perks

Infections Fright

Make your choice

Devour hope

Monitor & abuse

Addons

Pill bottle

Paint thinner

Comments

• emeraldx107
    emeraldx107 Member Posts: 8
    Options

I kinda hope you're joking. Devour will go down In seconds. You really don't need all that tr reduction as they really can't see you past 16 meters I believe. Infectious fright won't work if they are asleep bc they are oblivious and considered not in your TR. I love Make your choice tho. Pop is pretty mandatory on him anyway

• emeraldx107
    emeraldx107 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Pallets are nice and I love them but they're also pretty map dependent

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371
    Options

You will get gen rushed with the buid you posted build. I suggest you use

Dying light

Thanataphobia

Discordance

Pop or Ruin

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Interesting Build, you have a lot going on but very little synergy. Also Pallets are weaker than snares, because the use of snares disables survivors ability to abuse safe loops against you - as well as work as a way to track survivors locations.

The best build for Freddy is;

The Nightmare w/ Red Paint Brush, Swing Chains OR Jump, Nancy's Masterpiece

Make Your Choice, Surveillance, Pop Goes The Weasel, Barbecue & Chili

It's a combination of information, gen regression, and a heavy amount of map pressure. Also when someone gets unhooked, you can teleport nearby, and both survivors are an instant down.

• Jetsallday24x
    Jetsallday24x Member Posts: 54
    Options

I'm actually quite serious actually you are correct about Infectious fright tho it doesn't work against sleeping survivors but it does against awake survivors so it is pretty situational but when it works it works. I use make your choice to help get early hooks for devour and then once devour hits 3 stacks you can start slugging with survivors being clueless as to where you're coming from with the reduced terror radius. I'm sure I will go up against a swf team that will expose this but rn it's just working for me.

• Jetsallday24x
    Options

I like it and will give it a try I like to try different combos and see how I can make them work. I appreciate the respectful feed back as I'm only trying to learn and get better at the game.

• NullEXE
    Options

Another tip too. Blue Dress is a good add-on to use in place of Swing Chains or Jump Rope, if your not too keen on the nerfs the add-ons got. Gives an added "oof" to your gen kicks which is nice when using Surveillance.

• NullEXE
    Options

The blocks are all pretty bad except for Unicorn Block, if your going for more of a slugging build, then Unicorn Block will blind those that trigger snares or fake pallets - making it so that they can't see auras including people on hook or the ground. Which makes it difficult to perform saves.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394
    Options

I run POP, Dying light, BBQ, and a flex spot usually something like Discordance, Corrupt, Thanto, Overcharge, Franklins, Whispers.

BBQ and Freddy's power just go hand in hand, then POP and Dying Light work really well together with BBQ. The flex spot is usually either to help slow the game even more or to help find survivors fast. Corrupt can screw you over if they hide so I tend to run Overcharge if im running a regression build or Discordance for early pressure. Securing that first hook early game is essential on Freddy for how I play him.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    edited February 2020
    Options

BBQ, Dying Light, are a constant for me.

The last two are either pop, which i dont really like as it is dependent on hooks and time, or Thana. Then i also pop in enduring or sloppy butcher depending on mood.

With thana they dont know until you injure one

I dont discord as they catch on pretty quick and will separate making things even faster for themselves.

For addons i take one pallet addon and one that slows gen progression or one of the blindness blocks.

I might try spirit fury since i am a pallet freddy and this will make pallets even less safe when they see i am a pallet freddy with spirit

I tried devour. Just like ruin it goes down far too quickly for my liking. So i dont run any hex perks at all.

I just had a very difficult game with a huntress on the new lery's. She had 3 hexes. One thrill of the hunt, ruin and devour. But her ruin stayed up the whole game and she got all 4 of us. That was not a nice game in the slightest as she was slugging as well.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

I run Freddy with enduring, BBQ, Nurse's and Spirit Fury. Sometimes change out spirit fury to meme up or something like whispers or make your choice. He doesn't need slowdown perks imo. It's boring. Also most of his addons do virtually nothing now so I don't run any unless I feel like using the red ones which are disgustingly good. Thankfully Freddy isn't add-on dependent. But yeah, infectious isn't a good choice for Freddy as some people have already pointed out to you.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

I bought DBD to play as Freddy and I usually have a couple people tell me I'm a really good Freddy if they arern't trying to hurt my feelings and I use none of those addons.

I should start playing again but it feels like a chore IDKY.

• Jetsallday24x
    Options

https://youtu.be/KlFH1gqK_l0 Check this out guys and lmk what you think.

• RPGWolfGamer23
    RPGWolfGamer23 Member Posts: 126
    Options

I feel like the new Hex: Ruin would still work on Freddy since he can chase survivors of gens by teleporting to them and faking the teleport.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

His lullaby is not considered a TR (like huntress humming) since survivors don't hear a terror radius M&A and IF are near useless on him. Sure they work when awake but there are better perks that work more consistently.

Make your choice isn't bad especially if you hook them near gens.

Replace M&A and IF with BBQ and Pop.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Infectious will be of little use to Freddy. Survivors will often be asleep which is not considered a Terror Radius.

Make Your Choice is okay? Freddy won't really get excellent use out of it unless you're kinda camping the hook since Freddy is supposed to be all around the map.

Devour is a good choice on Freddy but not with the Dream Pallets. Use Snares, always (also less annoying for survivors).

Monitor is pretty much useless on Freddy.

Definitely replace Infectious and Monitor with BBQ and Pop. Make Your Choice can be replaced with something like Dying Light, Discordance, or Thrilling Tremors, which will always let know know where to Dream Project or at least slow down gens a bit.

• Jetsallday24x
    Options

Freddy gets great use out of make your choice, After unhook. Teleport to nearest Gen and their going down watch the video I posted or Otz Freddy's builds.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

Been using basic ######### build on Freddy: Enduring, Spirit Fury, Corrupted and BBQ.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    edited February 2020
    Options

Discordance

PGTW

BBQ

MYC

Discordance allows for early game tracking. Pop to stall the game. BBQ for map awareness and to move on to the next target quicker. MYC to get quicker downs and pressure/kills

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

But M&A doesnt affect the Lullaby Radious? I say, isnt Lullaby Radious = TR on Freddy?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Interesting build, but Make your choice does not fit very well. I would replace that perk with Haunted Grounds.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

Heres my fav Freddy build:

Or I'll swap out chains for paint thinner in a pinch and paint brush for rope.

This isnt a build I've picked up from anyone, I'm not really into following meta trends but it works for me. Almost always guarantees a 3 if not 4k XD

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

Freddy has a tr when survivors are awake but when asleep they hear the lullaby. The lullaby is not classified as a tr and so any perk that requires a tr to work won't work on Freddy's lullaby. So your right M&A won't affect his lullaby.