Vault Mechanics Fix

Firstly, let me start by saying that this isn't a thread moaning about slow vaulting. While I do think a change is needed, this is what it is:

If a survivor is running, they have to had run for at least 3 seconds. If they have the next vault they perform is that fastest vault possible. Once the vault is complete they have to run another 3 seconds etc.

But that isn't about this. Its about the mechanics regarding vaulting in the first place. I have discovered more and more that when I get to a vault I have to wait for the vault symbol to appear before I can. Sometimes this appears from sole distance and is perfectly fine, but others it appear right when I am up against the window and lost my speed. The killers already get silly things like being able to hit on the other sides of pallets even when you are on the other side. 

My proposal would be a kind of parkour mode, where you hold in my case: R1 and L1 and that in turns allows you to smoothly vault over anything that you approach. At least at this point chases would feel more fun and not getting frustrated at the fact that I can't vault half the time without losing my speed and the getting downed by a killer because they were able to hit me on the other side of the pallet when my feet are on the ground. 

Comments

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

it sounds nice

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

What you describe is the OLD vaulting system, that was nerfed for balance reasons.
    Because not every regular survivor is a parcour runner.

• jakeb_1993
    jakeb_1993 Member Posts: 50
    Wolf74 said:

What you describe is the OLD vaulting system, that was nerfed for balance reasons.

Okay, you seem to have missed my point here. I am saying add it so that vaults transition easier so we don't get penalised because the system doesn't register we want to vault until we are right ontop of the window and coming to a standstill. 
  • Wolf74

@jakeb_1993 said:
    Wolf74 said:

Okay, you seem to have missed my point here. I am saying add it so that vaults transition easier so we don't get penalised because the system doesn't register we want to vault until we are right ontop of the window and coming to a standstill. 

And you seem to miss my point: That's how it was earlier and it was changed for a reason, survivor vaulted way to fast and way to easy.
    And I hope it will never com back, because it is stupid that every survivor runs and jumps like Jackie Chan.

• jakeb_1993
    Wolf74 said:

@jakeb_1993 said:
    Wolf74 said:

And you seem to miss my point: That's how it was earlier and it was changed for a reason, survivor vaulted way to fast and way to easy.
    And I hope it will never com back, because it is stupid that every survivor runs and jumps like Jackie Chan.

So whether I vault or not should be decided on whether or not the game decides to give me the pop up early or late???? That is flawed
  • Wolf74

Everything works as intended.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@jakeb_1993 said:
    Firstly, let me start by saying that this isn't a thread moaning about slow vaulting. While I do think a change is needed, this is what it is:

If a survivor is running, they have to had run for at least 3 seconds. If they have the next vault they perform is that fastest vault possible. Once the vault is complete they have to run another 3 seconds etc.

But that isn't about this. Its about the mechanics regarding vaulting in the first place. I have discovered more and more that when I get to a vault I have to wait for the vault symbol to appear before I can. Sometimes this appears from sole distance and is perfectly fine, but others it appear right when I am up against the window and lost my speed. The killers already get silly things like being able to hit on the other sides of pallets even when you are on the other side. 

My proposal would be a kind of parkour mode, where you hold in my case: R1 and L1 and that in turns allows you to smoothly vault over anything that you approach. At least at this point chases would feel more fun and not getting frustrated at the fact that I can't vault half the time without losing my speed and the getting downed by a killer because they were able to hit me on the other side of the pallet when my feet are on the ground. 

Thats what we got in the first time, but it was changed because devs were too able to rework maps and had to nerf window looping for obvious reasons

• jakeb_1993
    Okay, I do not know how many times I have to say this... I am not talking reinstating the old fast vaulting by default. I am suggesting having it so you can hold the vault button to easily transition into a medium speed vault. That way there is no idiocy where the game sometimes let's you transition and then the next time decides to make you hit the wall then do it.

Wolf74 said:

You are just being an idiot now for the point listed above. You are deliberately being a troll
  • MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

The developers had this, and it was deemed unbalanced and didn't make sense in context of many survivors. The developers want you to have to click to vault. If you feel the screen indicator that you can now vault is being ill-timed than that is what should be fixed, not the requirement to have to push the button to trigger the vault.

• Wolf74
    edited August 2018

@jakeb_1993 said:
    Okay, I do not know how many times I have to say this... I am not talking reinstating the old fast vaulting by default. I am suggesting having it so you can hold the vault button to easily transition into a medium speed vault. That way there is no idiocy where the game sometimes let's you transition and then the next time decides to make you hit the wall then do it.
    Wolf74 said:

You are just being an idiot now for the point listed above. You are deliberately being a troll

Now we get down to insult… ok...

You don't like truth, huh?
    You want a big buff to vaulting, that would be as bad as old, maybe even more braindead as the old one, because you want it easier to time, without the need of ANY skill and thinking in advance, but call me a troll?
    Smart move. That will totally raise up your credibility.