Do you think OoO should be removed?

Options
2»

Comments

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794
    Options

@Flatskull I agree. Being the obsession does not alter the game in any way. With the new mechanic where the role can be juggled between survivors, it would be interesting to add some kind of debuff to the obsession..

OoO should definitely be limited and have a cooldown. This also limits the drawback from going against stealthy killers with the perk equipped. I really like your suggestion @csandman1977. You can essentially take a snapshot of the killer at will, but with the drawback of notifying the killer.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

OoO is one of the most broken perks in the game. In SWF it's a ######### nightmare for most killers. Even against stealth killers , Object becomes a revearse Spine Chill so you'll still know they're coming.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

Bring an Ebony mori and Franklins. That will piss them right off.

• SpoiledToes
    SpoiledToes Member Posts: 4
    Options
  • Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156
    Options

2 eyes = 8 eyes

OoO with SWF ...hmmm

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I have to disagree about obsession not altering the game in any way. Unless you are strictly speaking to survivor side. As killer, one obsession, whether from a perk you bring or survivor, changes how you play. Puts the fear of DS in the back of your mind all game. Yes you can fear rancor, but with 1 generator done you can rule that out.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I main Trapper and say leave it be. OoO gives me plenty of info as well. They tend to be the first one out, not because I tunnel them, but they are the easiest to find. Ez first kill.

If they whine later, I just ask what they would have me do? They kept showing me a target.

• SeducedByDaemonette
    Options

What if object user would get exposed when using it ? The longer they look , the longer exposed lasts . Timer goes down only during chases . Your thoughts ?

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I can't even tell you the last time I saw anyone use that perk but no, I don't think it should be removed. With the way killers like to tunnel in this game, it's a risky perk if you don't know how to use it and aren't good at being chased. And considering how often I see freaking Ghostface, the most boring and predictable killer in the game, it's nice to have a counter to that hot pile of garbage.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

I run it in most of my survivor games and it doesn't trigger me when I play killer, so I wouldn't like to see it changed. I do understand why some people hate it though

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794
    Options

Yes, I was speaking from a survivor point of view! The only potential downside is (as you pointed out) rancor.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

If you asked about the old OoO, I would've said yes. Now though? No. It can stay. It's garbage against stealth killers and Dark Devotion. I'm good. : )

• heartstone_malone
    heartstone_malone Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2020
    Options

A fun chase is different from ghostface freely sneaking around and cheesing out insta-downs while I'm doing a gen, going for a save or healing a teammate. Maybe that's fun when playing killer but I like a lil bit of reaction time before a red circle appears out of nowhere and gf (still having no terror radius) popping out of nowhere and swinging on me.

Your comment doesn't make sense because the point of Ghostface's power is to sneak, stalk and not have to chase. OoO was a nice counterplay at the risk of always being seen by the killer.

• heartstone_malone
    heartstone_malone Member Posts: 65
    Options

This is how it has worked on EW1 michael since his release and what I assumed would happen with every killer but for some reason, it didn't.

That was also weird cause the wraith was already in the game, yet OoO revealed him when cloaked but not michael? Why would they not have that work for both stealth killers in the game at that time?

Either way i agree with you, as a survivor, I'd rather it just block both auras rather than punish survivors for using a unique and fun perk with free one sided wall hacks for killers.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

OoO doesn't have counterplay, aside from stealth killers, though. Again, you said you use it since you're looking for a chase. That wastes a killers time. Either the killer tunnels you to death, which is usually a lost game, or they ignore you, and have to deal with you telling your team everything they're doing. That's not counterplay.

GF may put a cramp in that style, but that's one killer. OoO is just annoying for most everybody, and detrimental to Trapper and, a lesser extent, Hag.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

they should limit the distance you can see to like realllly close, so its just good for helping with loops

• Jamie_5
    Jamie_5 Member Posts: 18
    Options

They need to completely change the perk. It’s so insanely powerful that it’s not even funny honestly.