Luck rework

Options

Hi guys,

I was just wondering about the current state of the luck mechanic in dbd. The only two things it affects are unhooking and getting out of trapper's traps. This mechanic was useless even at the beginning, but now that deliverance exists, it is just ridiculous. It really needs a rework so that luck offerings or Up the Ante actually change something in the game, because right now I feel like they are just a joke. Will the devs change finally change it?

Comments

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Yes, please.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    Options

One moment a survivor gets out of my trap in one try another in 10 feels horrible.

• SeducedByDaemonette
    Options

It also affects chance of getting rare items from chests . It's not horrible when 4 people stack up the ante and luck offerings .

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    edited February 2020
    Options

I thought so too at first, but the fact is luck does not affect chest item rarity. Stupid, isn't it? And even if it did, putting on Plunderer's is much easier and gives you more information.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    Options

What if luck made it so sometimes when you fail a skill check, the meter only regresses half of what it would've done originally (like, instead of a gen losing 6 seconds due to a failed skill check, it only loses 3 seconds).

Still, completely useless, but I'm trying.