Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

My experience in red rank as killer.

OmegaXII
OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Recently, i just got into red rank.. I must say, if you want to enjoy this game as killer, DON'T GET INTO RED RANK.

I'm forced to sweat in order to stay in red rank.

I'm forced to use meta builds, because every team i face is sweaty as hell (i'm in asia region).

I can't play whatever killers i like. I can't learn any killers that i'm not familiar with.

Guess i'm still a baby killer and do not belong in red rank.. i'll derank to rank 5 for the reset

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I enjoy the sweat though.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Hey, Rank 1 player on Xbox here.

I main Legion, my build is Sloppy, M&A, PGTW and Corrupt.

Add-Ons: Defaced Smiley Pin and Scratched Ruler.

I usually 4K every game, but not because Legion is good. I 4K because Survivors get cocky and make big time mistakes. You have to learn how to punish mistakes HARSHLY. Someone messes up a loop? Slug them, find someone nearby to chase. That person gets picked up? Down them and chase the person who picked them up.

That's the best advice I can give.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

I play in red ranks typically as Wraith, Legion, and Doc. I don't have to sweat. Most survivors are terrible and go down quickly. I don't enjoy kicking puppies, so I don't play killer much.

This is the thing I don't think most killer mains understand. As killer, the absolute worst thing a survivor can do to you is stun or blind you briefly. They can run and evade. That's it. "Losing" just means you didn't get to kill anybody. How sad for you.

As survivor, losing means death so quickly you didn't get a chance to even do anything. You were the fly getting it's wings torn off before being burned by a magnifying glass.

Winning as killer is less fun to me than losing as survivor.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I don't run any one build. I don't like to run the same thing over and over. I like trying new things. If I fall out of red ranks, I don't care. If I want to try a new killer, so be it. Been toying with Huntress more lately. Got owned a few matches, fell to rank 5, then climbed back in to rank 2. /shrug

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

Rank means absolutely nothing to me. If I go from red to yellow because I didn't play for months after rank reset then so be it.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

It's more related to luck than being "red" rank. Half or more of my games are full of scared potatoes who can't loop, save or do gens. Ranking is broken atm.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Just facecamp and derank. Playing red ranks as killer is not worth it just stress stress stress.

• Entropius
    Entropius Member Posts: 63

I'm rank 10 and keep getting matched up with Rank 1-4s. Experience hasn't been very pleasant.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Well bro even if you down rank a little bit you simply climb naturly if you play good. So in the end you accomplish nothing. As red rank killer to my advice is to play surv mainly and killers only for chalenges. That way you will contribute to boycott the favourism of the one side. Until they balance it more that way you can still have fun and play the game.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Dont play in red Rank.... is NOT HEALTHY.

• deollie
    deollie Member Posts: 168

I've been playing survivor more than killer recently and I've gotten to rank one (sadly) and honestly I have not had fun playing the game. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying I haven't found my games to be fun 🤕 Too many sweaty killers and far too many teammates that don't know how to play against them

• I'm a Level 10 Killer getting matched with Red Rank Survivors. No match as Killer has been fun lately. Having two Generators pop just as I'm getting into a chase is ridiculous. It's even worse since I'm playing with Killers I haven't really spent much time playing as before, so they aren't even leveled up like my Plague, Nightmare & Demogorgon.

The balance in this game is nonexistent. Why are high Red Rank Survivors being pitted against Green/Yellow Rank Killers? And vice-versa. Though, Survivors do have the odds stack highly in their favor. Even still.

• goldenchild74
    goldenchild74 Member Posts: 47

I find tht the problem(personally) is swfs in red ranks. You can always tell when you go against a swf vs solo que survivors. It seems pretty decently balanced for the most part if your when going against solo but because they dont have comms. Then again im using a top 3 killer. Definitely tho some maps are too big which almost always force you to make the survivors 3 gen themselves which tbh this strat is already old tired for me.