Survivors How do feel when you make a Killer Give Up?

MrGummeBear
MrGummeBear Member Posts: 94
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

How much fun it is going against a AFK wraith or play against a killer that you make give I'm talking 2 Gens left give up make them stand in a Corner and they don't dc.

Survivors do you still have fun if the Killer just stops playing? No Chases, No Unhooks,Talking nothing not even a hit to heal.

Post edited by MrGummeBear on

Comments

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Meh, its not too common that it’s an issue. I just do the gens and leave. Hit a few totems too. Shame that at red ranks you’re likely to depip.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337

What happened to the topic of making killers give up and if survivors have fun doing it?

• MrGummeBear

What if U played a AFK Wraith a couple games in a role on a daily?

• MrGummeBear

Thank you for your input. The main reason I'm ask these questions are because what if that's what DBD becomes on daily. I don't think it would come to that but, what if?

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

If they do that from the start they're probably farming the rift and didn't give up. I don't really have an opinion one way or another about it to be honest.

When killers do seem to give up (as in thing happens -> killer stands still for several seconds -> killer disconnects) that's just a good old ragequit. In that case it depends on several factors. I sorta understand if they obviously got screwed by matchmaking, but if they DC after getting hit with a DS they 100% deserved to get hit by or something like that then yeah, no sympathy from me. That's just a crybaby tier ragequit.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

I dont do anything that can upset a Killer, except for playing the game. So I see no reason to feel bad when they are sensitive tbh.

• oxygen

That's not what I'm saying at all.

But if they do so and then ragequit after genuinely tunneling and getting hit by DS, the perk's intended purpose, then they're pretty silly. That's just a perk working as intended.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

depends on how the killer played, in general I do think its funny when a killer just gives up mid chase and ends it.

But, at the same time its sad, I know the feeling from the killer side to know the game is just over.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

It depends how you play if you can tell it's a lower skilled player dont just dominate them. It wont safety pip that way. Goof off a bit more and enjoy yourself.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

It all depends whether the killer is a red rank killer or a rank 12 who shouldn't even be playing against me.

If I make a red rank killer disconnect because they couldn't catch me, I'll be proud as it was due to my performance as survivor. At the end of the day they are a red rank killer they should know better then to commit to chasing a strong looper.

If I make a green or yellow rank killer disconnect then I'll feel sorry for them, they should not be playing against red ranks.

People say that rank doesn't matter but you can tell the difference in the level of quality from a red, a purple, and a green rank player (survivor and killer).

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Do you mean like he rage quits because he couldn't catch any one and gens were going off due to his lack of pressure.

In that case. Like I triple pipped!!

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

If matchmaking wasn't so broken, it'd be an instant rush + me laughing irl for a couple matches about it and talking to friends on Discord about it.

With the current state of matchmaking though, most of the time it's because there's a massive imbalance between Ranks. Have had a few matches where this occured, me at red ranks with red ranked other solos vs a yellow/brown ranked Killer. And they were legitimate new Killer, not one of the veterans who deranked to smurf n00bs. They just went to a corner after a bit and waited for the end of the match. I always leave them my item at the exit gates and if they are willing to chat, talk to them for a moment. Not much they can do since matchmaking is so busted, but I try to at least alleviate that ######### feeling and give them help if they want.

If they are willing to just AFK and let me get some BP, then you have to say thank you.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't know, i've never had such a Killer.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I feel terrible about it, I give them the kill sometimes

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

You know i can hook you go after someone else and if im unlucky i can down you when you are unhook and you still have your ds up because its been 50 second so if this is what you call tunneling you are probably one of those survivor who think if a killer stay on the map he is camping you

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

This has only happened to me once. And it was because I was doing the flashlight save challenge and I got someone off the trapper's shoulder. I hate using flashlights and when he went to camp the exit so he could open it the second the gens were done I felt horrible.

That being said, how many killers use cheap tactics and feel bad when they make a survivor DC or just give up and suicide on hook? I don't think I've ever met one that wasn't cackling like a hyena with glee at the notion that they just upset someone.

• oxygen

That's not what I'm talking about at all, chill with the assumptions.

I'm specifically talking about situations where the killer does immediately go for the recently unhooked person, downs them and instantly picks them up. And then acts surprised when they get hit with DS.

I'm not talking about the situations where a killer that isn't tunneling gets hit with it at all.

• Scytere
    Scytere Member Posts: 123

Makes me sad actually. Just had a game with a Demo who just stayed in a corner and moved around that little area, doing nothing. I had coaxed one cause from him but he gave up and resumed the pacing in the corner. Didn't get a pip either way. Didn't know why he was acting like that.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363
    edited February 2020

Sarcasm bro... I am also in the group that stoped playing the other side from red team. And i did that cz i wanted to contribute to break matchmaking.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

The way you worded that made me really sad...

Hope that demo feels better someday...

(Whispers) who hurt you little guy who hurt you

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141

I usually don't use "cheap tactics" or anything, but when I see that a survivor who suicided on their first hook was a rank 20 or something I feel bad because it probably means they've been having a lot of crappy matches in a row, and I know how miserable that can be.

I've seen survivors just kind of give up mid-match, and if I'm playing aggressively I'll usually pull back and go easier on them for it because I know when I do that it means I've been having a bad night. I'm usually not playing to kill, anyway, so going easier on them doesn't change much except how much I pressure them to slow the game down.

Some survivors feel bad about causing a killer give up, some don't. Some killers feel bad about causing a survivor to give up, some don't. That's just people.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I’ve actually given up as a Killer multiple times. It usually happens when they bring in 3 toolboxes, brand new parts and blast through the gens before I could catch someone.

And I don’t get tunnel vision anymore, I’ll chase someone for 30 seconds and break away if I feel they’re strong and go for weaker players, then I target someone else and they’re just as good so I have to break away. Target someone else and 3 gens are gone. I look behind me and the survivor is busy t-bagging and flashlight clicking.

I mean I already feel bad enough that I can’t catch you. I don’t use powerful add-ons since I don’t have the blood points, I don’t have the experience that these teams of survivors do, nor do I want to memorize the location of every loop, pallet and God Window on every map.

I just want to play and have some fun. It’s not fun getting matched with people who out rank me, so from now on, I will just go protect my basement chest. They want to bring in items to speed up the game and make it harder for me, that’s fine. I’ll help them make the game go faster by hiding in my underground home and protect my precious.

• Wheaters
    Wheaters Member Posts: 3

Truthfully? I hate grinding free points but I also hate DCing for any reason. I usually search out chests and bring all the items to the killer while I wait for the exit to power. If other survivours are dragging it out farming/acting toxic then I'll have to go do a gen myself. On some occasions my offerings have convinced some afk/corner standing killers to come be silly with me.

Overall though? I don't feel much of anything. I guess I hope they swap to a different game after this match so they can chill and have fun. I don't think anyone deserves to be miserable playing a video game.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Is this on platforms? I keep hearing that this has happened, but I'm honestly not seeing anything of it. My que times as red rank killer are still 15 minutes plus. My que times as green/purple survivor are less than 3 minutes. The mach making has been crap for months. Heck, during December I was getting matches with all green rank survivors and even rank 19s.

• Matchmaking has been really terrible lately. I was just on a team of all Red Rank Survivors against a Level 14 Killer. How on Earth is that even a fair chance for that player?

• Hnetu
    Hnetu Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2020

This. I've been trying to work on my killers and I swear I'm like... A green against reds. I know they're better at the game than me.

It's obvious in the first few minutes. It's not fun, and I'd rather sit through a 20 min survivor queue where I at least have a chance than have my green rank thrown against people who are rank 4. It's... It's not fun. I've only been playing a few months, match me against people who have the same relative skill. Yeah I know you can AFK your way to rank one half the time, but good lord when it's 4 red ranks against me at 12 or whatever... It just feels garbage.

I know. You won. You're better at the game. Please leave, you don't need to teabag at me. I KNOW. YOU WON. Congrats. I don't bother to disconnect, I just watch. You're at the exit right at the edge of where you're safe. I can't catch you even if I wanted to. Just take your points, keep your item, and go.

• BennyD
    BennyD Member Posts: 12

It's not fun if the killer gives up.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

Annoying af, getting into games takes long enough, then for a team to actually be doing something while im actually looping then they give up/ quit because gens get done is annoying, its more at fault to the ranking though so many people are use to survivors not actually doing anything and then when people go against those that know how to play they just give up. once again they need to fix the ranks and then seeing what needs to be balanced will be more clear

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141

Yeah, matchmaking is seriously borked.

I'm not great at killer, so when I chase a survivor who's obviously out of my league (it's not like I can see ranks before a match), then I do one of two things: I ditch them and go back to patrolling gens, or I throw the match and continue the chase. Sometimes I do the second one just for the hell of it, but I do it knowing full well I'll be ending with nearly no points. Unfortunately, inexperienced killers may not realize that continuing the chase means they're throwing the match.

And sometimes I do get bored with all of it and just go wait for the match to end so I can move on to the next one. It's not like I'm sad or upset I'm losing--I usually play for BP and let everyone escape, anyway--but I just get bored with running in circles or the scratch marks being crap on whatever map I'm on or grabs failing for the millionth time or survivors running through Plague's vomit unaffected... -sigh- There are so many bugs in this game.

• Postcommodore
    Postcommodore Member Posts: 9

I feel you man I have never disconnected or started AFKing but sometimes its tempting I'll have a number of matches were I'm completely outclassed flashlighed and teabagged into oblivion. Its frustrating to lose is absolutely infuriating to 4 survivors butt dance all the way out of the exit gate or 3 at the gate or one at the hatch. Then some to rub even more salt in the wound will message you to gloat and tell you uninstall the game.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited February 2020

Makes me sad because they're less likely to play killer now.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, if a survivor DCs on final hook I treat it like a normal death. If they dc on first down I let the team farm and escape.

But if I see someone using all meta perks... it makes me a little pissed at their lack of originality.

• yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246

Hurts to see them give up mid-match or DC because of you. .-.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

well itll be down to ranks, while a bunch of people say ranks doesnt matter it use to mean something, iv played the game a long time, im one of those survivors that know all tiles, loops and could even hit ruin everytime so im a strong survivor but because so many survivors are now red ranks even though they cant do half of the things i can theres no gradual adjustments for killers to learn/adept to higher skill and in chase i will say this guy isnt a high rank, not in a mean way but you can tell by their movement etc. but i also get teams that no matter what you cant win with them because they shouldnt be at that rank, they will go down in 5seconds, be scared to do gens etc. which is why ranks important, it not only teaches you to get better before ranking too high but balances the survivors to killer better

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

I feel bad.

I wasn't even bullying I swear

• Since I am not responsible for anyone's actions, I don't care if a player feels the need to quit/DC or whatever. Be it a killer or survivor.

If I am a survivor and the killer goes afk, then I am taking the best the chests have to offer, clearing all totems and generally doing all I can to maximise points.

If I am a killer and someone DC's, then I kill 2 other survivors and let the best survivor player take a hatch.

If afterwards I see the contributing factor being the evil mistress matchmaker, then I will message them if they don't have ######### settings enabled, as that was unfair.

Otherwise, I take a slight pleasure from knowing I caused you to have some kind of irrational emotional response that most likely caused you some discomfort.

• Kurosuji
    Kurosuji Member Posts: 27

Depends on the situation. If they've been ######### the whole time, I'm gonna do everything in my power to give them a bad time. But if it's a killer that genuinely isn't that good at the game I do feel bad, I'm not going to let them get a free hook but I dont want to make them upset and want to give up.

• hammertime
    hammertime Member Posts: 51

They don't care. They still do the humping ######### around your character. Most of the time I'm doing a challenge once I get it I'll stop playing, go on my phone, and drink a beer, but from the corner of my eye I see them doing #########. Sometimes I'll just chase survivors and not hit them very obviously and they still troll. Goes to show you that bullies are idiots. Probably voted for Bernie because everything has to be on their way. You may have this game survivors, but Donald trump will still be your president in 2020. ;) in fact, they should make Donald trump a killer in this game and Nancy Pelosi a survivor. Donald trumps mori could be him hammering a trump 2020 sign on the survivors head. His ability could be that he closes any way to exit through a gate because you can't escape him as your president. Perks? Liberal tears. When a survivor sees the don their action speed drastically declines. Another one? Unimpeachable. After the last generator is repaired, they all break again. A third? Sure. Witchhunt, if a survivor stuns the don via DS or what not, the don yells witch hunt, and the survivor becomes stunned instead. This rant was brought to you while I stopped playing the killer midmatch and waited for survivors to win the match. Lolol.