How can the devs keep this game from dying

I would like to know because I can only play this game for a little while until I get completely bored and would rather play something else 🤕

I'm also talking about the gameplay itself, not anything like cosmetics or perks. What needs to change?

Comments

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

Gameplay wise nothing drastic is going to change, The base game has stayed the same for Years. End Game collapse was the biggest recent change to the game but it didn't change much just added a timer to leave the trial.

What keeps the game from dying is the RNG factor to the trials making each unique and the DLC releases bringing in a new Killer and Perks to help spice things up.

It's not for everybody and I can definitely see how you could find it stale after playing for a while.

• DoctorShockBoi
    DoctorShockBoi Member Posts: 152

They can't lol

• HellShark
    HellShark Member Posts: 13

Honestly tho if they pushed a balanced competitive scene it would be so fun. I really enjoy watching loops/chases and I think it would be awesome to have a pro scene where you had like teams of 5 players (4 survivors, 1 killer) and you played against other teams (like 2 games as survivor, and then 2 games as killer) or something like that. Imagine the crazy mindgaming pro Koreans could do at top level lol.

Just needs proper balance/ranking to garner more competitive interest. A lot of wasted potential in this game makes me kinda sad.

• lunumbra
    lunumbra Member Posts: 23

Everyone in this thread saying they need to make this game competitive has no idea what they are talking about.

They literally tried to make this game a competitive esport and it almost killed the game.

This game is not dying, if you don't enjoy the game because you think its repetitive its because you don't use mind games. Mind games are the most interesting and exciting part of this game and keeps it interesting to play.

If they tried to balance and make the game competitive, they would either have to balance for solo play which would make swf groups overpowered as heck (aka not balanced) or they would have to balance around swf which COMPLETELY destroys solo play and the game as a whole.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Killer quality of life not just new killer skins and with a mediocre power tacked on. More meta shake ups by improving things not removing things.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

All killers except the licensed ones can be obtained for free.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

They need to actually care about their killer player base and not just cater to SWF. They are literally dividing their own games player base.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

*waiting for the 'Add Speedo Quentin!' post!* 😄

• HellShark
    HellShark Member Posts: 13
  • xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
  • Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

The game is simply fun. Not balanced, just fun

• deollie
    deollie Member Posts: 168
    edited February 2020

Mind gaming can only be fun for so long. They need to make this game easier to look at and be pleased. I've noticed that when you get closer to the walls and look at the detail, the things in it are actually blurry 😂 like little wheels and parts. The design to this game needs to improve and the graphics needs to change. I'm tired of how some things are set up in this game.

Also, sure people will join and make it seem like more people are playing. But how long will they stay?

• deollie
    deollie Member Posts: 168

It's fun until things get repetitive, which is common in this game.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

Ranks, the ranks are a mess so any balance they try to put in also doesnt work, if they fixed ranks and then balanced afterwards the games state would be much better for both roles, after 2years iv finally stopped playing and thats because i cant deal with these ranks. i dont mean it in a horrible way but alot of these people shouldnt be near red ranks and it shows in there chases and boldness, its suppose to be a 4v1 not a 1v1 so it became less fun when youre the only one actually doing stuff

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

I'm afraid it's too late for change:( I have been a player for a long time since 2016 and I have been defending this game left and right and I'm done defending it :( I still play it but not as much as I used too:( reasons why I'm not playing it as much is because I have medical issues that come first, And the biggest thing I have that pushed me away from this game is that I got banned for saying I'm going to report someone :( don't ask me why. But the devs do a ok/good job:)

What needs changes I really don't know :(. As far as I'm concerned it's too late for the devs to change things that should have been in the game:(

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

For me nothing. It is perfect as it is, excluding some bugs and gen times

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830
    edited February 2020

Well, i played this game for 1700 hours and im not bored to play it at all. I just like it, playings swf for laughs, playing solo for some adrenaline, killer for the frustration :)

I don't know, i just like it even if the gen speed isnt ok and playing killer is a lot worse than playing survivor, but i can still have fun

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    edited February 2020

Oldest player count: 42,268

Most recent player count: 35,716

Current player count: 33,390

🤔

• The biggest head start would be if the new matchmaking system they are working on turns out to actually work and be good at what it is supposed to do.

That would be a giant leap forward.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Where do you see those numbers?

June 2016: 11.000

Jan 2020: 22.000

Its rising since then.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

Zoom to 'All', and check the first update after the game was officially released, and the most recent log on the chart. I don't think it's super fair to check beta numbers, tbh.