Finding the hatch

Options

I play a killer main and my biggest problem is finding the hatch. I'll have the game in the bag. Killed two and have one guy down. I go looking for the last person. I know they are already at the hatch. I search all over looking and 90 percent of the time cannot find it. Guy bleeds out and last survivor just goes through the hatch. Are there any tips to finding it? I know about the noise it makes already.

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2020
    Options

The spawn are rng but on some maps there are some known spots but they are never guaranteed.

It also depends on how many gens are done. For your scenario at least 3 gens need to be done for the hatch to actually spawn on the map.

The rule is there needs to be one more gen done than survivors alive for it to spawn closed on the map.

It only auto spawns open only when there is one survivor left alive no matter how many gens are done.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383
    Options

That part I know. Here is what most of my scenareos are. Two dead, one down and one roaming around. 1 gen left. As soon as the down guy dies. The guy left just wins. Cause he found the hatch before me and it's almost instant.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020
    Options
    1. Try to patrol as effective as possible, start by going along the edges of the map, about 15m or a bit more from the fence. If you are lucky, you will find it before going a full circle.
    2. If you cant find it even after that, then go towards the center of the map, around 30m and then do another, smaller circle.
    3. If you still cant find it, then go straight to the center, that should be enough.
    4. If its a smaller map, then skip point 2. and go straight to point 3.
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited February 2020
    Options

Your problem is not finding the hatch its finding the 4th survivor.

Maybe run whispers?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Honestly it's better to just hook the 3rd person and get the sacrifice points. Although I'm not sure how you still don't find the hatch after 2+ minutes of searching for it, or the fact that the last survivor doesn't even try to help the other one up. Imo just don't care for the 4k unless you know where the last survivor, or the hatch, is. It's boring for everyone involved and probably isn't worth your time.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options
  • shane32
    Options

It's finding both .... because I know the last survivor is already around the hatch and I cannot find either lol

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

I changed it but whiskers would probably help as well!

• shane32
    Options

Ya at a certain point I usually just end up hooking the downed survivor.

• lazytension
    lazytension Member Posts: 56
    Options

As a killer, I NEVER kill the 2nd-to-last person if I don't know where the hatch is. If I'm lucky and I know the last two survivors won't be able to finish the gens, I will usually try and find the hatch while either chasing one of the two, or I'll knock down one of them and slug them until I find the hatch. It's all about timing and being careful. Most of the time, it goes in my favor but sometimes they just get lucky and find it. Sucks that you only get 250 points for closing it..

• shane32
    edited February 2020
    Options

Its the exact opposite for me. Usually never goes in my favor at the end the last guy most of the time finds it before me.