Exhaustion perk Overhaul

Options

can everyone agree that anything that’s a crutch should be changed? Like some perks in DbD. Ruin was a huge crutch that was changed and I think it was a good thing, they should also make the double BP in BBQ be removed and just repurpose it so people can still earn it but without perks and such. But today I want to talk about how can we change the exhaustion perks? I want to rid the exhaustion mechanic entirely and change the perks so they can still be used just not as crutch worthy as they are today. Way too many survivors ALWAYS run an exhaustion perk. It’s not really a problem if one or two survivors are running one plus DS and BT and hell adrenaline as well. But when EVERY SURVIVOR is running an exhaustion perk, that’s just plain out annoying. Some losers will say its boring but anyone who says anything is boring is just trying to make something look bad that they find too hard to face but are too scared to say it. Exhaustion perks are abused too much and have become the biggest crutch in the game by far. So let’s change them if you guys have suggestions just say it below. And instead of saying I’m bad and being a useless NPC, argue my point and suggest why having crutches in the game is good. Okay here we go

Dead Hard- easy just make it be a token system give the survivor 4 tokens and they can use dead hard any time they want while injured BUT it only about 70% of what today’s dead hard is. Oh and you can slightly turn (about as much as Demogorgon does when he used his shred attack) so yes they can use all 4 all at once if they want but then can’t use it later. This will promote skillful and strategical gameplay while not making dead hard a free pallet/window no more, just a more skillful move you can use to actually outplay killers

Balanced Landing- give back the faster recovery time from drop but make it faster and make yourself drop about 30% faster as well. Making it a risk to use since it will use a perk spot and you never know what map it will be unless an offering is brought.

lithe- 10% window vault speed, and let’s you do a medium vault without making noise and takes away slow vaults so you can only mid and fast vault. Also making the resilience and spine chill build really good as good loop synergy

Head on- becomes a charged perk you must sit in a locker for a period of time then you can use it like you charge it for 30 seconds doing nothing then it is charged up you can then let a killer follow you then pop into a locker and use it immediately. This is a payoff situation you’re doing absolutely NOTHING in the match for 30-45 seconds and you get a head on charge from it. Making it still the fun swf bully perk it is.

sprint burst- this becomes a charged perk as well get a total of 100 seconds of chase time. Then click the active ability button to activate sprint burst.

Adrenaline- give the speed boost but you don’t recover a health state.

and yeah hope you guys enjoyed the suggestion. Now I can’t wait to check back in a half hour to all the survivor mains telling me How bad I am, or how to counter these. (Once again these are not problems maybe adrenaline and sometimes dead hard but this is to make the exhaustion meta become less of a crutch and to actually earn these abilities while also nerfing their ultimate power)

Comments

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Balanced is fine now after the nerf. It's very situational. TBH there's only DH, SB and adrenaline that are problematic. 2 of them grant free pallets and punish the killer for even starting a chase, adrenaline is awful when multiple survivors take it and with 20 seconds on the clock without NOED you're screwed.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353
    Options

I like the SB and DH changes, those would be worth it, the others are fine, also let adrenaline recover a health state, but If your full health you get the speed boost.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349
    Options

The point is to take the exhaustion mechanic out of the game entirely. If the perks can be changed so they are earned instead of given and less powerful, it’d be less of a crutch, all the comments so far are thinking that I’m saying they’re too powerful while some are sure but this whole post is to include all of the exhaustion perks as a whole to remove the exhaustion system. If these perks were less powerful or you had to earn them it would turn people away from using them and go with other perks instead. The problem is that too many survivors rely on the exhaustion perks. I don’t think you can ever change DS being a crutch unless you can stop tunneling in the game, which won’t happen. But the exhaustion perks and the exhaustion system as a whole CAN be changed and remove the crutchness of them. Changing lithe for example would compliment a vault speed build making it really strong for a survivor who wants to primarily just loop. Instead of it being used as the survivors exhaustion perk it’ll be a normal perk. Because let’s be honest here unless you’re memeing, you’re most likely using an exhaustion perk of some sort. There’s a lot of crutch perks for red ranks and white ranks. like for white ranks killer wise we got NOED and for survivor you’ve got self care. Both perks overall are poor perk choices if you want to get better, noed sure you could say is a counter to adrenaline but shut up not every survivor runs adrenaline but there’s usually one or two. NOED is a perk where you have to be losing to use it, similar to fire up, any perks that you have to be losing to use is a waste of a perk slot (unless it synergizes with a build or something) and self care, well, it’s a killer perk too I guess since you’re wasting 45 seconds doing absolutely nothing I mean if survivors wanna use it in red ranks PLEASE DO!! that’ll help a lot! But back to the real world, self care is a perk that hurts everyone really. That’s why you only see it in low ranks. (Unless oc synergizes with a build) overall all crutches in the game I’d love to see changed. I’m sure everyone else would too. It helps the game health immensely and let’s more interesting and fun play styles become a reality when you do.

• Spirit_Hag
    Spirit_Hag Member Posts: 168
    Options

its one thing to try and give a suggestion, but some of yall just be talking out ya rear ends. Putting limits on trivial things like dead hard which is already shawdow nerfed by dedicated servers and easily baitable. Lets put limits on things like NOED. Only one insta down per trial, or Nurse can only show you 4 auras per game. Sounds ridiculous right? lol

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options

Just use mindbreaker to get rid of them, that's why it got created, to counter exhaustion perks.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

You dont have any points to argue about. You just want to nerf perks that are fine. Probably because you arent able to deal with them.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

Head on and sprint burst sound awful tbh.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

Make vigil have exhaustion recover while running, but at half the speed.

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538
    Options

I personally don't mind exhaustion perks, I kinda like to think of them as abilities for survivors

• LetsPlayTogether
    Options

Exhaustion perks arent crutch.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

The only good rework idea you had was Balanced Landing.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options

What? It allows you to get rid of sprint burst, and if someone uses exhaustion perk, it wont recover if he will do a gen.

• witelighting
    witelighting Member Posts: 20
    Options

You do realize the idea of perks is the crutch.any perk is a crutch.can find a gen here you go want better gear here you go.every perk is a crutch when you consider the fact that you dont have to have perks on so stop calling perks that are kinda good a crutch and accept all perks are crutch

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

Considering the only good ones are Dead hard, Adren and somewhat Sprint burst, don’t touch them

lithe and Balanced are so situational and map dependent that they aren’t worth it

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 801
    Options

Rather than nerfing exhaustion perks, I'd like to see more killer perks and addons that cause exhaustion (in a meaningful way).

• imlegion
    imlegion Member Posts: 62
    Options

so Bbq isn’t too strong? Or what about the build where you can move faster with your attack? Your movement speed isn’t enough? Your bloodlust isn’t enough? One shot killers arnt enough? No the problem is people need to stop bitching after they lose a couple games survivor and killer and only relate to actual issues you know frame rate drops dedicated servers, instability of swf lobby’s there are BIGGER issues than nerfing both sides

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

fr tho; head on already has a penality that you have to wait for it to turn on, and even then it doesn't work 100% of the time. head on shouldn't even be an exhaustion perk; it should be like quick and quiet (but a way longer cooldown)

• djsponge10
    Options

Imagine reading a post and having the whole point of the post fly over their head. To argue a dead horse.

• djsponge10
    Options

why is everyone thinking this is a dead hard nerf post? I guess nobody knows the definition of what a crutch is or why I talked about BBQ and decisive strike. Yeah block out everything else I said but dead hard. Nice dead horse

• djsponge10
    Options

The idea is to just make crutch perks a thing of the past that’s the whole point of BHVR can make better reworks thatd be great. Crutches are bad for any game.

• djsponge10
    Options

Yet I literally explained how bad crutches are in this game. I’ve been playing the game for years, having them be crutches is a problem. You can’t have a single game where there’s no exhaustion perks the whole exhaustion system needs to be changed.

• djsponge10
    Options

71 other survivor perks that aren’t exhaustion yknow... hundreds of perk builds that don’t have an exhaustion perk.

• djsponge10
    Options

The whole point is to make the exhaustion perks not be crutches anymore, if we only change dead hard and sprint burst then everyone will start using balanced and lithe as crutches so changing EVERY ONE of them is future proof and stopping them from becoming crutches.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options
  • Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Guys we should rework slowdown perks because they are crutches!! Dude, for real? Using a type of perk is fine.

• djsponge10
    Options

That’d be interesting but then they would become crutches because they’d have to be really strong to be exhaustion perks and crutches are bad.

• djsponge10
    Options

Did you not read the post my dude? I’ve been playing longer for you for sure, and I know I complain way less than you do for sure after you have a bad game. The point is to remove crutches in the game INCLUDING BBQ did you not read my post? I talked about how BBQ is a crutch perk, quit complaining and read man. Quit assuming false accusations and read. Reading is good please please.

• djsponge10
    Options

Learn how to read man. Instead of assuming. It’s really easy.

• djsponge10
    Options

if You think crutches in games are healthy, you must not play too many. Games become boring and repetitive because of it. Why do you think amateur killers now always bait out DH every time they chase a new survivor? That shouldn’t be a thing. That just wastes dead hard and any surprise. Dead hard is used so much that it really is only a perk for a free pallet/ window nothing else. It’s supposed to be a HAH SURPRISE GOTCHA perk but if you’re not new at the game as killer you will always usually bait our dead hard. A lot of people assume I write about this because I don’t do that or I think dead hard is SO OP IN DEDICATED SERVERS IT DONT EVEN WORK OMEGALUL yet it works for me 100% of the time as survivor. Dead hard doesn’t need to be nerfed but it needs to not be a crutch (So it has to be nerfed somewhat) and used way less just like exhaustion perks in general.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I see other exhaustion perks as much as DH at red ranks. DH is usually more memorable because you see it used though. In terms of power, DH is pretty weak. If used for distance it is much worse than other exhaustion perks and getting one extra loop out of it is a lot worse than other exhaustion perks. It's just popular because it's simple to understand and easy to manage unlike SB or BL. And its use in chase is straightforward unlike Lithe or Head On.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

Let's nerf half of the damn perks then.

Your logic is ridiculous

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Survivors aren't allowed to breathe without going down lest it be OP. Killer's Rulebook, page 42 clause 3a.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

Rule number 5462:

Perks survivors must NEVER use:

Dead Hard

Sprint Burst

Head On

Decisive Strike

Borrowed Time

Adrenaline

Rule number 10572:

If a survivor outplays a killer at a tile then it is fine for the killer to quit the match, survivors should not have any reason to talk negatively about the killer's unsportsmanlike behaviour.

(If you have any more that would be great)

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251
    Options

Yeah and gets rid of it after 50% which by the way is very easy to reach with gen speeds rn. Not to mention survivors know their affected by mind breaker which tells them not to do gens until their timer is gone. Plus the 1/2/3 cooldown gives the survivor sprint burst on command. Run to a pallet stun wait the VERY short timer out sprint burst away.

• HeadPatMeSenpai
    HeadPatMeSenpai Member Posts: 10
    Options

The only thing I can fully agree with in your post is Adrenaline it should be a burst or a health state not both. Now in terms of exhaustion in a whole as a mechanic, It is to stop the abusing of all those perks and your recommendations for perk changes are brutal for killers not for survivors. The way you explain the changes to these perks will allow them to be used together. It would be literally IMPOSSIBLE for a killer to make a reasonable chase after any survivor with those perks. The reason they are so prevalent right now is due to the fact certain tiles are extremely easy to abuse since only one killer has the mobility to chase through them and her cool downs make it dumby easy to juke around her (Nurse btw if it wasn't obvious). In term are some of the exhaustion perks due for a slight nerf? Sure! Are some killer perks in due for some slight nerfs as well? Sure!

As of right now, the game has bigger issues then the exhaustion mechanic. Once BHVR fixes the maps, cough audio cough, and matchmaking issues then I'd say the topic for an overhaul in terms of mechanics for survivors and killers are in tune. I will fully agree for Adrenaline, but everything else would need to be put in the oven or even remade.

I'm a killer main and this my stance on it.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

I don’t find any exhaustion perks problematic.

Not when you understand that the other side no longer has to break pallets because they have become utter garbage in some cases and all they have to do is rely on Bloodlust, which is not a perk but a built in mechanic.

If anything I’d say they need to buff exhaustion not nerf it.

• LetsPlayTogether
    Options

You didnt explain anything, you just ranted about something you dont like.

• witelighting
    witelighting Member Posts: 20
    Options

Yeah i get that but every perk is crutch so complaining about crutches doenst make sense.and by the idea every exhaustion perk is a crutch doesnt that make every addon on for killer a crutch as well as their good perks.like i said tho every perk is a crutch perk when you consider you dont need to use it and you gain something from using it.