Give me one good reason why...

Options

A nurse as good as this one who absolutely demolished the survivors didn't get more than a 2k? Is it the generators not being pressured as much as you want them to be? Is it generator times being too quick? Is it nurse being a bad killer?

Because after watching if you can play nurse as well as this you should at least manage to get a 3k. You deserve it for learning the mechanics of nurse and having great game sense. No "crutch" perks were used , the man played as fairly as he could, slugging when needed to apply pressure and even giving a nice gg at the end.

If a top tier nurse struggled to get a 2k against a team of which they ended the chases of fairly quickly then God help the rest of us

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

he played too clean and respectful, for example at 5:12, he should have slugged and proxy camped. Also at 1:58 he failed to close the game not founding claudette.

then again, he didn't exactly finished every chase quickly (but he clearly is way stronger than most people with nurse).

to answer your question: killers can't do any mistakes, that's why.

• Shaai1
    Shaai1 Member Posts: 87
    Options

He is good Nurse, but he plays too "fairly", the way survivor wants.

To get 4K you sometimes have to play dirty, get one surv out of game asap.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I acknowledge it as a valid strategy and employ it myself as killer when needed(securing kill because of gen greed, securing a regressing gen by a hook, no bbq auras). They also didn't go after the claudette they saw getting the heal at the beginning. How was that a top tier play?

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

I did. and I've also watched other people who dont main nurse absolutely slaughter teams with her. sometimes your opponent is better than you and thats okay.

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538
    Options

😂😂😂😂😂 WTFFF THIS GAME IS VERY BALANCED

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Wow, someone had a bad game. What a surprise.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

Your second point about the camping screwing him over makes sense.

Mind explaining your first point?

• Seltas0208
    Options

2k and 2 escapes is the goal for the average player, this nurse isn't your average killer player and his skill level matters little in the current state of the game due to the amount of second chance perks and the efficiency rate at which gens can be done at. 3/5 of a survivors objective can be completed just as a killer gets 1/12th of their own done

• Seltas0208
    Options

If his gameplay is what you call a bad game then what do you class as a good one? Perfection?

• Seltas0208
    Options
  • Waffleyumboy
    Options

Don't be a 4head mate. You know full well that the nurse had time to patrol the hook but instead chose to hook the nea.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited February 2020
    Options

You should never have to camp a hook leaving every time should be viable play. Hook camping is not fun for anyone.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

The killer lost a lot of pressure in many scenarios. The coordination required for this is a bit better than "drooling gen jockeys". I think outplaying was equal in this game, and so was the outcome. That's the definition of balance.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

We make mistakes from time to time, it is a virtue to be able to recognize them instead of blaming your faults on someone or something.

• underlord99
    Options

lol I love when people bring up the kill rates even though the devs said they dont mean much and should be taken with a grain of salt .

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227
    Options

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that people cherry pick videos & make the exact same thread all day long on the forums?

What's next, a thread about how Ruin should not have been nerfed? Or that SWF is too strong? Or that Survivors rely too much on DS, DH or Adrenaline? I know, let's talk about generator speeds!

• underlord99
    Options

either way you shouldnt use those statistics, not sure what you were trying to get at lol. both you and those survivors are in the wrong.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

My point is that nurse is bad. Believe the data or not, she's a very situational killer and not the powerhouse of old.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

I saw a lot of people bringing these stats to justify the game being killer sided ...

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

It's called strategic camping. The Bubba that just mindlessly camps the first person they catch is obnoxious. Any fair minded player understands the difference. If they don't, they can be ignored as they're an idiot.

As for the video, I don't have the time to watch it at the moment. I will point out that there is more to this game then being good at chases. From what I've read in the comments. Aside from a few mistakes, Ardetha did very well. The survivors apparently were smart enough to see they were out matched in chase, and rushed out as quickly as possible.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

Unpopular opinion - Ardetha, even before the Nurse nerf, is a decent killer - but he's only upper mid tier Nurse. There are people far better than him.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

"Ofc let's call out those few possible mistakes killer did and completely ignore those 10 minutes of surviors constantly messing up in any kind of stealth or mindgaming during chases since surviors can do as many mistakes as they want yet still escape."

The David did Houdini him twice though, at very critical moments. That made a huge difference honestly.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2020
    Options

Op did you link wrong video? All I saw was mediocore Nurse player making countless mistakes, even losing survivors in plain sight.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited February 2020
    Options

Pretty much all of this was what I was thinking throughout the video. He kept saying things like "they're all immobilised, they can't do gens" when there were at least 1-3 survivors who could very easily have been working on generators, and then acting shocked when they managed to complete them. Which tells me that his game sense, not to mention his perception of his own skill, is a bit off. Saying "I'm dominating them, there's nothing they can do" over and over doesn't make it true. And the minute-long rant about DS and how he wasn't tunneling and it went off anyway, after he very blatantly tunneled Claudette off the hook, was just a bit baffling to me.

He played well, but he didn't play perfectly. He got a 2K because the survivors were about as good if not better than him, which is how it should be. Although, to be perfectly fair, it did look to me as though he used Thrilling Tremors a fair bit, especially towards the end.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

Top Tier Nurse btw.

If that's top tier then I'm actually godlike.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

@underlord99

You do realize that the survivors always died in seconds in a chase? He cant chase them quicker as he did there, he barely ######### up any blinks and was always doing something, never wasting is time. The only thing that hold him back was the cooldown on the blink.

But ye.. just apply pressure i guess :)

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited February 2020
    Options

Ardetha is no doubt one of the best nurses in the game. But his problem is he played abit too nice, he should've tunnel and proxy camp more, then he would get his 4k. He made some poor decisions when to slug and when not, the moment when he hitted the 3th, the david, he should've left him and blink and hook the second downed. There were more poor decisions he made but overall you are right.

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363
    Options

If his inittial strategy had worked, he would have an easy 4k but it didn't. His first mistakes begins with his first down, it was near a hook and he should have hooked nea. Not hooking her means that the survivors that didn't scream didn't let go of the gens because they knew they still had time before nea was near healed. Slugging in the beginning can be a good strategy but in this case it just back fired. I just see a god like nurse player that took bad decisions in the beggining of the match and was punished by that because she faced good survivors that worked on gens whenever they could. Plus, in the end, he just couldn't down david and wasted to much time trying to do it. Basically was punished for not hooking enough because went into the game with the intention of downing everyone and then hook and like I said in the beggining, it would have been easy 4k if it had gone well but it just didn't. Having a bad game doesn't mean it isn't ballanced... how many games did he 4k easily? One game doesn't define anything

You're missing the point that survivors need to do gens and being a good survivor is not equivalent of being a good looper although it helps a lot.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2020
    Options

TL:DR

He was really good with his blinks and he was downing people very fast. However surge wasn't really doing anything for him. With all the momentum he built up Ruin may have been great for him. Or at least run PGTW or Dying Light. Thrilling Tremors just helped him find survivors, it didn't regress or stop people from doing the gens they were already working on. I probably would have tossed in NC so he could see when someone was healing the downed survivors. With those distance add ons he could have made good use of MYC. Though with all the injured he probably didn't need it. Perhaps sloppy butcher?

As good as he was on blinks he had good add ons. The Nurse shouldn't need those add ons to be able to play well. Sadly that's what the devs reduced her too. I feel this vid highlights the core problem with playing killer. You can't pressure EVERYONE at once.

Post edited by EvilJoshy on
  • KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited February 2020
    Options

Good survivors were able to give the best of Nurse's a run for their money prior to her nerf, so those survivors will dumpster the vast majority of Nurse's after it. Not only that but it is simply unrewarding, severely punishing, and unfun to play her now, the emphasis being on unfun. Again, just another example of the devs making the game fun for one side and unfun for the others, instead of considering both sides.

• underlord99
    Options

when did i say apply more pressure?? obviously he didnt do as well as he could have, he played too nice and suffered the consequences. he slugged and they got back up. dozens of mistakes made by him, as well as the survivors. but it only matters when the killer does. bc thats what makes or breaks the game.