Penalties for disconnects - Player survey should have been done.

2»

Comments

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

Then the killer should get the same penalty for leaving a lobby with 4 toolboxes in it. If I get punished for not wanting to be a punching bag for an iri head huntress then they should be punished for not wanting to be genrushed to hell.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

This isn't a common scenario. I've played hundreds of hours of survivor and I've never been bodyblocked by another survivor or killer for the whole of the match. Meanwhile about half the games I'm in on either side feature at least one DC, and it's usually bc of getting downed first, or missing ds, or noed getting destroyed instantly etc. I would probably DC if the game was actually getting held hostage because there's no way out, but how often does that happen?

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Yup, I'm not gonna lie I've disconnected a few times due to this. Had a 2 man swf block me against a wall a few days back too. Why? who knows.

Nothing gets done. Not unless you want to be bothered recording a video and doing a lengthy upload to youtube and submitting a report ticket everytime.

It's just a very toxic community.

Worst part is as you say some killers won't even do anything because they don't care It's just extra people off gens for them. This is why the whole "just seek out the killer and get hooked" like doesn't work because half the time they will just slug.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

I dont ever get a chance to record anything since my processor is only a 4-core. SO I am stuck with screen captures. If I could post their STEAM ID and gamertag in chat. I certainly would. But that is against their TOA.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I've already stated my thoughts on that many times. I agree dodging needs looked as everyone should accept the game as it is.

That isn't the topic at hand though.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428
    edited February 2020

It is directly related since that is, in my experience, the majority of survivor DC's. They get in, get instadowned by a huntress hatchet and pull the plug. Or any other various killer ability or mori that comes off as unfun to them personally.

Perhaps we need to make the lobby give 30 seconds for survivors to adjust liadouts, lock them, then show the killer and the rarity of their addons/offering. Can't tailor your perks to the killer that way, but if you hate playing against it, you can leave. If one leaves, it gives the 'match canceled' result and let's everyone requeue.

You'd learn very quick which killers need to be reworked.

• Because they can't be toddlers anymore and leave cause things didnt go there way

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156

This is absurd at it's core. Survivors don't want to be stuck in a game with a toxic killer as much as much as a killer doesn't want stay in a game with toxic survivors. As killer though you can go hide in a corner and screw the players out of 1000's of points by not chasing, hitting, hooking, where as a survivor finding out the killer is toxic, is now having to award him more points by committing suicide on the hook to get out.

• But who cares they got out and got to go into a new game, not sit around being bullied for 15+ minutes. A killer is hardly screwing them out of too many bloodpoints, they can still farm chase points if he afk's not facing the wall, do totems, gens, etc... you can at least protect your pip. I would say a mori instantly meaning a de-pip most of the time is even worse and that is a base item in the game.

Either punish everyone equally or allow ways out equally, favoritism is what is "absurd".

• willoftheboss
    willoftheboss Member Posts: 59

that doesn't matter, video games are a job in 2020 and making the game fun apparently isn't BHVR's job

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 371

I just got out of a game with there only being two survivors at the direct start, the killer trapped both exit gates at the start of the match and had NOED. Please tell me why disconnecting should be punished when there's game breaking bugs like this?

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156

There are 5 totems and 5 gens max to do. The only other things they can do for points are play in the basement for 10 minutes, sabo hooks if they have a toolbox. Without chase, or hits, you are depriving them of 8k altruism, about 3k survival, 5+k boldness. You can easily cost them 16k points by doing nothing but sitting in a corner. Sure the game "Could" last a half hour, but it isn't worth it and survivors already know it.The points are already in the killers favor. In a bad game as killer where no one dies, I can still easily walk out with 25k points (50k BP with Chili), and usually beat out 3 of 4 survivor scores.

You can stand in the corner and do nothing. Survivors can run next to you and you will get survivor found points, chase points and more. You can stand in the corner the entire game and for doing absolutely nothing, you can still walk out with 5k points. A survivor doing absolutely nothing but standing in a corner, ends up hooked and will only get 100 to 200 pts.

So no, your arguement is invalid in putting that on the survivor. They can balance the toxicity out by locking down character names, making them unique, and letting all players see each other. I don't need to see the killer(freddy, gorgon, nurse, etc), but if I see player name "IFarmSalt" as the killer again, I'd leave the lobby before geting stuck in an agonizing match with him again. Let your reputation follow you.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

That was my way of thinking too. Lock survivors in 30s before the killer which gives them time to setup perks as that's the purpose of seeing items etc.

Killers dodge and then survivors last minute switch then either may dc in game.

I've always said the same if people want proper stats for balancing then dcing or dodging doesn't help as it should always be played with everything the game has to offer otherwise they get skewed.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

The heal bug still exists. Got healed to full from being on the ground on hawkins lab, character was stuck, couldn't do anything it was like I never existed. No crows, even killer could down me and I could be healed to full again. I had NO choice but to dc. But let's implement this broken system even though they know it's not good enough. And on a second note this changes nothing, players are just killing themselves on the hook, the quality of games are still bad, it fixes nothing. Work on making your game less buggy less frustrating to play etc.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

I really dont think you need to talk like that here. If you dont like people's opinions on this. You are welcome to write a counter-forum here.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

Seems pretty dumb to have DC penalties when there's still no way to reconnect to a match. I've already been unfairly punished for it when my game crashed as killer and I had to sit around for like 4 minutes before being able to queue again. I assume if I crash again too soon that it'll be an even longer timeout for something beyond my control. Typically games with leaver penalties let you reconnect without punishment within a short period of time (eg League of Legends).

• RngGenerator
    RngGenerator Member Posts: 25

I think that there should be a way to appeal a dc penalty. They could do something like League of Legends lag report that basically checks your connection at the time of the dc and if its below a certain average the ban gets removed. This would help the people with less than optimal Internet as the information would be recorded throughout the game, let's say every 2 minutes or so, and if someone dc's for no reason and they try to appeal their ban by saying it was lag, they wouldn't be able to as they would've had a perfectly good connection and the ones that did lag out would have a way to keep playing even after they crash and getting a penalty.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

Honestly, idc that its been implemented.

This is more just a line in the sand so to speak that's been drawn.

People that are negatively impacted by this just need to decide if they want to stick around anymore.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

This still isn't a reason not to implement DC penalties. Even if this does happen and the trapped survivor DC's, it's only a 5min timeout (unless they've dced multiple times already). This scenario definitely isn't common enough to result in anyone building up a massive timeout penalty. You're clearly just a chronic dcer who's continuing to have a tantrum on the forums.

• karlofflugosi
    karlofflugosi Member Posts: 63

Been waiting for disconnect penalties for a long time, even as a casual player. It's about time, thank you, Behaviour.

• brimstoner
    brimstoner Member Posts: 9

As much as I like these in general, I have to admit when the game kicks me its not great to have to sit out for 5 minutes. If the game continues to kick me then there needs to be a system in place for us to report and show screenshots of being kicked. I was just kicked for no fault of my own, and it makes me sit through the DC penalty.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,873

"This is why we can't have nice things" applies here. Sucks for the minority who have IRL situations, or good players who are being trolled- but the sore losing has gotten out of control and needed to be dealt with.

• uforce
    uforce Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2020

how about fixing game related issues before introducing that "feature". Like in this example the server stopped responding while jumping into the hatch resulting in a 5 minute ban:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrazyRelatedNewtWow

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

No reason to dc. Last night I was playing a game on PS4 while streaming. I have 2 different internet connections. One for my PS4 and one for my computer to stream. So streaming wasn't the issue. I had been playing for about an hour or 2 when I started lagging really bad. Instead of disconnecting I messaged one of the survivors to farm since I was lagging.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

This game is inherently toxic. You have monster killers against "weak" survivors. Allot of people in this game need to learn sports manship. UFC and other mma fights where always ended with a hug or hand shake there was a level of respect between the 2 fighters. I'm pretty sure neither one of them like the other punching them in the face, but at the end of the fight all the bs is over.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

But the issue is outside of bugs or taking the game hostage a lot of the time people disconnect because of pure entitlement.

You are the first person down

You didn't make the window even though you think you should have

You don't like going up against x killer

You don't like it going up against x perk

Survivors made a good play against you

Missed your decisive strike

Moried

Hex totem got destroyed

Three gens popped in rapid succession

Getting tunnelled or camped

Thinking you got tunnelled or camped

Spite ( sometimes people do it simply to deny the points for the other team)

Can't get archives challenge

None of these are valid reasons for disconnecting even if you did a survey to ask these would still not be considered valid reasons.

Yes is it annoying when you get certain bugs is it annoying when the game is taken hostage there should have workarounds so people don't get punished but if it happens the others iv6e have mentioned above you should definitely get punished if you choose to disconnect because of that