We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

What the hell they added dc punishments

Before fixing:

• poorly designed maps (farm maps are disgusting)
  • insane gen speed with expirienced players
  • weak killers (clown, Legion, Bubba)
  • Survivors second chances
  • awful matchmaking (urban evasion blendettes in red ranks also)
  • bugs (DH triggered Exhaustion and it didn't work for instance)
  • get tunneled/camped and you didn't use meta perks

Introducing dc punishments makes no sence when they game is so imperfect.

Comments

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

It makes sense to solve the DC issue.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Complaining about DC penalties... I'm... Speechless

• If you complain about DC penalties, it's either because you've been abusing the lack thereof, or your internet connection is bad. If your connection is bad, there's a case to be made that you should probably stick to offline gaming until you have a better connection.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2020

I think he was pointing out all the numerous issues with this game and they decided fixed dcing was the most important.

Either way I'm glad there's penalties for dcing now. Too many times someone quits for some bullshit reason then the survivors whine I didn't go easy on them.

He got found first

He failed a mind game

He doesn't like the killer

The killer is running franklins

He missed his ds

Yell at the asshat that gave up on you. Not me. It's not my fault he left. If I dced every single time the other side did something I didn't like then Id never get to play killer, ever.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    edited February 2020

you mentioned second chance perks and mention that dead hard is bugged, so are you against them or not?

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

well i mean OP is sort of contradicting his own point on why sometimes disconnects are justified, spoiler alert: they're never justified unless the killer is lagswitching or doing an exploit or hacking etc..

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

I remember when I first got this game during the dark ages and almost every dev decission was rightly mocked.

Now I find most dev decissions being outright good or arguably not as bed as I'd thought they'd be. This is one of them. DC'ing is a plague in this game. Glad to see steps to it being taken.

All of those may be isssues, but so was DC'ing, so no reason not to do it.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

I play both sides equally so I have very mixed thoughts about meta.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

Tunneling/camping isn't a problem. It's a legitimate playstyle.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Oh look, another person who found out they cant DC without consequences and came here to rant about it.

GGs to whatever game made you DC and find out.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    edited February 2020

That's fair and I apologize if I misread his intentions. However, all of the things that OP and you pointed out are why DC bans SHOULD come first. It doesn't matter how much the devs improve the game if people continue to DC over the most petty things. DCing is worse for the game than any of its imperfections. So you have make punishing DC's a priority otherwise people will just keep DCing because they don't like how their match is going and get away with it scot free. Then no one is having fun.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

It will not.

If People don't Like these or other things - they will dc/hook suicide anyway.