The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What do you think rank should be based on?

So im sure everyone knows the amount of players that reached red ranks increased massively after the reset and ruin changes, this i feel created alot of issues when it came to match making and balanced skill wise and so id like to discuss what everyone feels the ranking should be based off. personally i feel rank should be based more on chases and objectives and so i came to these percentages towards ranking

• Chaser = 40%
  • Objectives = 30%
  • Altruism = 20%
  • Survival = 10%

My reasoning behind this is chases is the most important factor, it shows skill and knowledge of the game and this category is the one that changes most when comparing ranks and so how well you can lead on chases should be rewarded. Objectives is obviously the aim of the game and should reward those willing to do the objectives, obviously generators arent hard to do and thats why chases is above it but it can sometimes require boldness and risk to get them completed. Altruism while needed to make the game last longer isnt a hard action, but if no one gets the save then the killer will have easier games making doing chases/objectives harder, so in turn if you want high objectives/chase you want more people alive. As for survival this is a team effort and shouldnt really be punished if your team isnt up to scratch, while escaping is a team effort it doesnt show your own skill as well as possible hatch escapes which is more luck than anything else, what do you think?

Comments