Map Votes

Options

Lets be real here for a second. Most offerings for survivor are kinda BLAHHHHH and by Blah I mean they don't get used much.

IMO the priority is as follows- most used to least used

• BP offering ( this includes things like Escape cake and streamers)
  • position offers (start all together of far from killer)
  • Mist
  • luck
  • location ( chest/hooks)
  • Maps

What sucks is that when you add up all the rarity from the items you end up with the following

17 BP Offerings

6 Luck offerings

6 Chest/hook position offerings

4 mist offerings

4 player position offerings.

total= 37 offerings

But for maps there 29

that is just shy of 50% of offerings. Offerings that rarely get used because there is no real purpose to use them. These offering bog down the blood web as well.

I would rather see 4 maps pop up in the lobby where everyone including the killer votes on a map they would like to play on. I think this would offer better planing on both the killer and survivor as far as items and killer selection goes. This would also clean up the blood web as well and not make it such a daunting task to (a) get to BW 50 and (b) get Prestige 3 with all perks unlocked. It also allows newer players to really familiarize their self with certain maps. (Ex.) I hate indoor maps Its hard for me to remember the gen locations, but if I could pick them from a map pool then I could increase my knowledge of that map thus increasing my skill level since I no longer waste time walking blindly around those maps. Killers could also benefit from a map selection by allowing them to practice their worst map. I mean there are 13 maps and that's not including the variations

Idk I could be wrong in this but I feel a map selection during lobby would be better all around.

Comments

• MTK
    MTK Member Posts: 77
    Options

it'll cause a lot more dodges for sure when either side don't like the maps in the pool. There are map balance issues to consider but there's also the issue of killer + map combination that's likely to cause more dodges, like a nurse player dodging a lobby with game/lab/larry/possibly yamaoka.

I honestly wouldnt mind the same maps that are relatively balanced over and over until the devs change the rest of the maps.. I would play 100 consecutives games of macmillan over any game of bedham or blood lodge or mother's dwelling or ormond.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

You’d just get coldwind all the time as killer

• Angel_di_Soufre
    Angel_di_Soufre Member Posts: 34
    Options

Okay, I think that maybe the Killer shouldn’t have a more powerful vote, but I think that if the game gives always 3 maps to vote on, the killer can “ban” one of them and that’s it

like, okay, I’m not choosing a Killer Sided Map always as Killer, but you’re not letting Survivors pick their must Busted maps, so it’s kinda fair

I understand some maps will cease to be played but that should give them good data about what maps needs to be rework ASAP

• Angel_di_Soufre
    Angel_di_Soufre Member Posts: 34
    Options

Also, the maps you can vote for need to be from different realms always

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Yea I think map ban would be better, each survivor gets a ban and the killer gets 4 bans. Your thoughts?

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

OR...and stick with me here, cause this is a big brain, big dick, 10,000 IQ idea....the map rotation stays random.

Boom. Genius.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Real big dick that you're fine with low tier killers not standing a chance!

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    edited February 2020
    Options

Random is fair. Fair is the biggest dick of them all, my friend. <3