Can we remove chase music, or at least make it quieter?

I don't see why it's in the game. It's so loud that it's easy to lose both the killer and survivor in a chase. I can't even hear footsteps when I'm in a chase. I know it's meant to show that you're in a chase, but can we at least make it quieter.

Comments

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

They need to make it an option for killers at least, survivors aren’t affected by it as much.

Sounds are broken as they are, I don’t need chase music blowing out my ears on corn maps where I can barely see anything.

• Zombra808
    Zombra808 Member Posts: 77

The only killer I would say that would get buffed from it is Spirit, but even then, chase music cuts when she phases anyways. This would be so nice for killer, and it makes no sense why killers need to hear their own chase music anyways.

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315

I have been waiting for this feature for a long time.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

If that ever gonna happen they gonna revert it because survivors will cry about it being op just like they did when the chasing music was bugged.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    edited February 2020

Chase music was implemented so that survivors had a chance to escape the chase.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I love the chase music, especially the new ones from the doc or oni but they should really reduce them, I cant hear footsteps or even breathing because of that. A option for that to put it down for your own would be insane.

• RecklessApple
    RecklessApple Member Posts: 14

I want the chase music more quiet because most of the time I struggle hearing the survivor while it is playing.

• Zombra808
    Zombra808 Member Posts: 77

Seems most people want it turned down, is that possible devs without balance being an issue? @Peanits

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

The thing is not only to make a climate for the chases, but also make it a little more difficult if you wanna use sounds before hitting. With time you learn that doesnt matter. If the survivor break the chase, it stops, and then you can hear his breath or the sound of their steps.

In the beggining I used to hate the chase song. After a while, it started to be irrelevant. Now, with new chases song for each killer, im loving it.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Because survivors don't have enough perks to do this already, in addition to their sounds being muted (bugged) for months at a time.