Open Handed rework idea <3

Options

Open Handed

Strengthens the potential of you and your team's Aura-reading abilities.

When within 20/28/36 metres of another survivor, you gain any of their aura reading abillities that do not reveal you.

"Paying attention is what kept me alive through the years. That, and my good looks of course." — Ace Visconti

Comments

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

I do like the idea...but honestly I love the niche/themed uses it has right now. Combo with kindred, bond, OoO and it's insane. Especially if there are 3 other survivors running it, too.

This is definitely an interesting perk idea in general, though. And even prevents abusing Object!

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

I would like to see a perk like he mentioned maybe in the future. Limit it to 1 RNG aura perk for the duration of 40/50/60 seconds. After that when they come close to another survivor it can happen again.

• EmmyFemmy
    EmmyFemmy Member Posts: 5
    Options

Heya :) Thanks for all the feed back, maybe have this as a separate perk all together from open handed , um I was thinking as a little edit how about:

Open Handed

Strengthens the potential of you and your team's Aura-reading abilities.

Gain the aura reading abilities of your allies when within 8 meters of you, this second hand ability limits the maximum potential of the perk, you can use shared auras up to 50/60/70% of the original perks range.

This effect persists for 15 seconds after leaving Open handed's range.

"Paying attention is what kept me alive through the years. That, and my good looks of course." — Ace Visconti

This could be better for a balance sake, so you could really only use it here and there unless you go out of your way to use it or something? and limiting the overall range of each ability leeched could help it not be as op or have as much of a maximum potential as the original idea had, What do yous think <3

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    edited February 2020
    Options

I don't think it's a problem in an SWF even if you make some one an "aura reading guy." SWFs talk to each other so they can already do this anyways and then just tell each other what they need to know and that doesn't even have a range requirement.

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75
    Options

While i like the idea i think simply bumping the numbers would not be unreasonable. I mean youre sacrificing a perk slot and another perk slot to make use of it. This rework makes it nice and a perk idea ive been having for a while. (Not the same, but similar) And on top of that, this rework means you dont need another perk to make individual use of it.

For the record the idea i had for a perk was just whenever a perk reveals you. The revealer is revealed to you. This perk would certainly he strong in a sense but at the same time have one of the problems with open handed requiring other perks.