Killer mains, what do you view as meta builds?

We all know survivors have a ton of meta builds. Tenacity/Unbreakable/DS/Adrenaline

DS/Self Care/Sprint Burst/Unbreakable

DS/Borrowed Time/Dead Hard/Adrenaline

I can go on and on, my question is what perks do you believe every killer could run every game and do well with it?

Comments

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Enduing, spirit fury, BBQ, NOED, Nurses, Corrupt, Pop, sloppy, thrilling tremors. Those kind of builtds. Maybe devour hope too.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

NOED is mandatory on all builds. Just in case you can’t get a mori off before all gens are completed.

• KrispiesChicken
    KrispiesChicken Member Posts: 171

Not really. NOED is only what happens if you allow the gens to get popped. I've managed to get them three genned every game so far and NOED never came into play because of it. For me it's a wasted perk slot

• FrankSRfromIT
    FrankSRfromIT Member Posts: 59

I am a newer killer but this is what I have been running as Wraith killer. Curious on what the more skilled killers run.

BBQ- For BP's, the aura reading doesn't work on smarter survivors.

A Nurse's Calling - Probably my favorite because it allows me to give up a long chase after I hit them once and come back and find them while they are healing.

Sloppy Butcher - Great with Nurse's Calling

Brutal Strength - This is what I am running right now to break those pallets and gen's faster. I have also played with Shadowborn and Bloodhound, but as I have improved those are not as needed anymore.

• kidmaxx
    kidmaxx Member Posts: 57

It's interesting because the meta is changing to find new ways to slow the game without old ruin.

In addition to what others have said, I would add infectious fright is very 'meta' right now to help slugging. Discordance and surveillance are popular, with and without ruin. Surge and pop are popular on non-ruin builds.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

SF, Enduring, PGTW, NOED, BBQ, Corrupt Intervention and maybe Nurse's.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Obviously there's not one build to end all builds as killers are different.

Personally unless I'm playing a killer where some other perk shines (like STBFL on Demogorgon or something) I always feel at home running some combination of BBQ, Enduring, PGTW, Nurse's Calling, Whispers, Discordance, Sloppy Butcher, Spirit Fury.. that sort of thing.

Not claiming they're THE meta, they're just perks I like and I see plenty of killers use while I'm playing survivor.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

ds, lithe/dead hard/sprint burst, bt, unbreakable

• KrispiesChicken

This is a thread about Killer meta builds. Not survivors but those are decent perks for sure

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited February 2020

Discordance, Pop Goes the Weasel, Corrupt Intervention, BBQ

pretty much covers all the bases

early game gen blocker, gen regression, and two info perks

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657

Killers don't so much have meta builds.

Survivors have meta builds since they have about 10 perks that are so insane that there's no reason to run literally anything else.

Killers, on the other hand, have kinda meh perks after Ruin was removed. The strong ones are unreliable, and the reliable ones aren't all that strong.

Killers are unique, so there isn't just one broadly applicable meta build. Sure, Pop might be great on Billy, but it's kinda ######### on Myers.

It's also worth noting that you're already breaking the meta just by playing a killer who isn't A-tier. If you're trying to play Myers or Legion, you're pretty much boned no matter what you do so long as the survivors are playing properly, and there's no "meta" build that can salvage that.

• KrispiesChicken

I don't necessarily agree with that. I play legion a lot due to the fact I enjoy his ability to vault quickly in a chase. BBQ, Sloppy, Nurses, and whispers do pretty well on him and almost every other killer can use that build and have a decent game as long as they play it correctly