My suggestions for Pig

Options

As far as I know, Pig is the only killer in the game who has their unique mechanic highlighted the entire round for something that's RNG that's not good. You don't see alarm clocks highlighted until you're asleep and you don't see purification pools iirc until you're infected. Why is the only stealth killer that can't inflict exposed giving away who she is and where to counter her the entire round?

Make Rule Set No. 2 baseline for Pig.

Second Suggestion, tweak her Ambush. The Roar is at the start of the charge, maybe have it start like halfway through charging it. Also, every exhaustion perk in the game straight up counters it which kinda blows as it's her main way of dealing with chases or getting a hit quickly from stealth. Feelsbad learning someone has sprint burst so they're basically invincible since they move faster than you do the second they hear the roar and will forever be out of reach. (Also Spine Chill is super common but that's another topic)

She doesn't need to have a faster ambush, just increase the duration/range like a tiny bit so if you actually get the drop on someone you're not cucked so hard.

I think that'd be fine. She still wouldn't be on the same level as Huntress, Nurse, Spirit, and Demigorgon, but she'd at least be on a fairly even field with the other m1 killers.

Comments

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

Survivors will just do gens if rule set number was base kit. Mostly negating the point of RBT's

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179
    Options

Yeah, I get that I guess. But she still seems like she needs something and knowing where the boxes are asap vs when it's active doesn't really change much? Either they'll look for them or they won't regardless of aura?

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

I still think good survivors would just do Gens. Making the built in rule set useless. Two pig mains on tutorial entity, discord server (Scorpionz and Peppa pigsaw) said the same thing. A better buff would be to make the first Jigsaw boxes always a deco, so the traps are able to stall the match.

• CrassardStreams
    edited February 2020
    Options

Yeah that'd be nice. I hate the RNG but love the theme. It's stupid having the hats pop off within seconds of putting them on considering they're so limited and non-replenishable.

Having the "generate key in random box" happen after / at the end of searching the first box would probably be better and pretty easy to implement.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Look up some videos when the Pig first came out, her roar sound actually starts after the charging...

Don't know why did they changed that...

• CrassardStreams
    Options

It'd be fine if the roar happened at the end of the charge, not after or the beginning. It does have some fun baits you can do but having it at the beginning is pretty damn annoying to actually "surprise" anyone with since the ambush is a pretty short dash.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

You can see Plague's fountains the entire round and you know which ones are corrupted.

• CrassardStreams
    Options

You don't see plague's fountains in white until you have some level of infection.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited February 2020
    Options

Yeah but you know which ones are usable if you do or don't*. The highlight only happens anyways once a trap is on your head. The highlight on pig isn't much of an issue. The toyboxes tend to be found encountered well before a trap is on the survivor's head already. Pig's announcing a charge is what is the most detrimental thing. If the person has sprint burst they're gone. If they get to a vault or pallet fast enough they're gone.

• CrassardStreams
    edited February 2020
    Options

The highlight on pig doesn't only happen once a hat is on your head.. #########.. it's there from the moment you spawn in unless she uses an ultra rare addon. The loud roar when she ambushes (being at the beginning instead of the end) and the loud blade noise she makes whenever she crouches are huge problems for her though.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Don't make RSN2 base.

Roar at the start of the dash.

Faster crouch walk, similar or in line with Ghostface.

Make Blindness outside of the Face Mask add-on affect boxes, so that Third Seal would be a useful tech with Pig.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Pretty sure the white auras for the jigsaw boxes only show up when you have a trap on your head..

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I don't agree with making Blindness shut off box auras. There will definitely be maps where that is a death sentence with the right add-ons.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

To be fair though, there is ONE perk that applies Blindness, and that is also a Hex.

I did specify that Face Mask will not affect the box auras for that specific reason.

Not that anyone plays Third Seal anyway.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited February 2020
    Options

My bad, for some reason, my mind glossed over what you meant by "Outside Face Mask."

In that case, I don't like the the idea of "This has Blindness" and "This has Blindness, but it doesn't work on Jigsaw Boxes because we say so." Especially when it's the perk that works with the Boxes and the Pig add-on that doesn't.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

Third Seal is one of my go-to perks on Pig, and honestly, allowing blindness to hide boxes would be brutal. You'd definitely end up killing everyone with traps if it worked that way. Might try a match with the face mask on top of third seal.. Haven't used add-ons on her in forever.

• CrassardStreams
    Options

Can I ask why you use that Hex? If I wanna slug I typically use Knockout. I have an aversion to hexes because then you have this thing in the back of your mind that'll likely be dead in 30 seconds to a minute anyway. At least ruin does something in that time, even if it's not much.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

Why not? I don't like running the meta perks just because everyone runs them. I run perks I like running.

As to why.. because it's fun and it catches survivors by surprise, no one runs that one. And it's more powerful than people realize. A lot of survivors run aura reading perks.

Sure, it's a Hex perk.. so sometimes it gets cleansed after 30 seconds, other times it lasts the entire match.

• CrassardStreams
    Options

Yeah I hate hexes because they just.. they're just gone too fast usually. Blocking aura perks and stuff is pretty sweet though - and it blocks maps so it'll typically be more experienced survivors or unlucky (tbh most) totem spawns that get rid of it.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

Yeah.. Only hexes I run are Third Seal and Devour Hope. Sometimes Lullaby, but it's usually not worth it.. if I can get 5 stacks fast enough to make the perk worth it before too many generators get done, it means I can also just win the game without the perk in the first place.

• CrassardStreams
    Options

Man I am sick of getting robbed by hatch lmfao. I wish her RBTs were active as soon as you put them on, even if you keep hatch as the easy way out it is right now :/

• Cixon
    Cixon Member Posts: 133
    Options

I'd love if there were a delay to her roar. Though, you can hear when she's coming for you because of her blade click.

The stealth ambush trick works for the most part around a dodgy pallet but it could be slightly better if there was a one secondish delay to her roar.

• CrassardStreams
    Options

Yeah make the roar happen once it's 99% charge not 1% charge. That'd actually be a really nice QoL change along with removing the noisy af blade sound when she crouches.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

I think that now are only 3 problem play pig:

-if you have some traps that will became usless obviously at endgame.

- surv can just abandon unsafe loops if you want to use ambush. In safe loop is difficult to take a shoot vs good surv.

-maybe the trap's rng dont know. But that can be consider a problem for both side.