Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Bring back the old DC Penalty system

The current system is incredibly unfair with how long the penalty increases last and punishes people for crashing WAY too much. The old system where the cooldown decreases with full games played should be re-implemented, as it actually gives incentive to stay in the match. The current layout just makes it so that in extreme cases, people just play one match per day because the cooldown is prohibitively long.

Comments

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

Yeah if I disconnect because of a bad map or game crashes while loading great I might as well not play for a day or two while it regresses lol. Having it be X% per match played seems better for everyone (and in return the penalties could be harsher since it IS repeat disconnects you wanted to punish anyway)

As it is now you crash once or twice a day and suddenly you're waiting an hour lol

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

If you crash/DC while loading, there are no penalties.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Maybe you didn't hear me the first time: i explicitly mentioned CRASHING. And even with DCing, people DC against toxic opponents, and 99.9% of the time, the toxic person in question is long gone by the time you get into the next match.

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

I mean, just because it's competitive (as in has opposing sides) doesn't mean you throw sportsmanship out the window? #########? Anyway, I think there's room for improvement on the DC system even if it's like 1 match per minute of penalty and the penalty doubles or triples after each DC.

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

I don't understand. Are the DCs cumulative – like forever? Or does it reset or falloff over time?

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,841

24 hour period since your last DC, after 24 hours since your last DC it goes down a tier and that repeats until you either DC again or hit 0 on the penalty bar.

• Is this a PC thing? I know the game crashes on console, but not that often. I am happy to take the 5 minute lobby ban, as I know others will get lobby bans and I also understand how frustrating it is to get ready for a game that then doesn't actually happen. Seriously,if your system is crashing that often, then you need to look at your system. I am struggling to remember the last time my console crashed.....

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

Just don't dc, for any reason.

The time of free dcs is gone forever, make peace with it

• th3

Well I did dc twice and came back the very next day to see which resulted in an additional 15 minute ban. The day after that about 25 hours I played again without dc and the next day when I dc’ed I got a 5 minute ban. It may be incorrect but that’s just what I’m observing

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

If you get DCd from these suddenly so prevalent bugs, and try to play another game to lower the timer, and it happens again, what then?

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I think it should start out small due to the fact that the game is unstable, but escalate more for repeat offenders.

That way the biggest disconnectors get harsher punishments but the one offs due to crashes, server kicks, hackers etc aren't punished as hard.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I see, fair enough. I don't expect it's something we'll ever get official confirmation of, so player experiences are all anyone has to go off for the time being.

Although naturally, I would discourage you from DCing in general, since it is against the rules and hurts other players 🙂

• th3

I’ve only dc’ed once per day with two on the first day it was introduced. The times I did dc I had things to do and when I came back for the rest of the time I was on I didn’t dc :) What I just described was my experience having had to dc once or twice over a period of roughly 4 days. Hopefully it helps people have a rough idea of how the bans work which was an unintentional side effect of what I did.

• Abathur
    Abathur Member Posts: 3

Heres my two cents/beef/rant.

I can understand why the DC system was put in place... however the gaping problem is it does NOT fix the problem with killers who just suck the fun out of the game. Im talking about the killers who bring in a mori and they just tunnel one person out of the game with no chance to play the game for what it is and proceed to mori them 90 seconds or less into the game.

If I DC because I just dont want to play, fine, Punish me by all means. But If I am facing a game like the above mentioned statement where I am literally being bullied out of the game by a complete and utter (bluntly speaking) prick who I cant tell whether or not they are gonna tunnel for moris until its actually happening please forgive me if I dont feel like rewarding the killer with an Easy Mori. We're literally talking an item that takes 2/3's of the hard work out of the game and they feel the need to tunnel... It is literally the ONLY reason I disconnect from games short of a family emergency, and yet because I end up having days - like today - where killers are being absolute dickheads I get punished for their desire to ruin the game for others. Thats not good design at all and its just not fun to go against.

• ClickyClicky

Before anyone rushes in to tell you how it's all acceptable and moris are balanced..

There are definitely things in this game that are not "fun. Killer bringing ultra rare add ons and tunneling off hook with an ebony mori.

This is why it's ridiculous to compare the game to something like Rocket League or Rainbow Six with disconnect penalties. There isn't anything in the game there. Those games are just put the ball in the next, or shoot the other person. There's not really anything anyone can do to take the fun out of the game for you.

All the disconnect penalties have done is bring the bugs and issues like this into the limelight. You need your game to be fun for people to keep playing. This is why I said it will hurt the game in the longrun.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

just like a survivor finding a key in a chest or the strong as heck window spawning on rancid, getting haddonfield, seeing 2 gens pop in the first minute , seeing the window of iron works of misery spawn in.

you saying "moris and tunneling arent fun " is not a great excuse for DCing, just like killers shouldnt DC for the things I've stated.

If you are DCing because you arent having "fun" then you probably shouldn't play the game. because ultimately you ruin the game for your teammates and the killer.

The disconnect penalties didnt bring out the bugs and crashes , its just an excuse (most of the people not all of them, because I know there are some people who do crash) for people who abuse DCing use.

Also the devs have already said that if your PC is not good enough to run dead by daylight without crashing then you probably shouldnt play it until you fix it.

• ClickyClicky
    edited February 2020

I didn’t say it was a valid reason for disconnecting, I’m saying that with the penalty in place everything that half the playerbase used to dodge will now be brought up even more.

Because lets be honest it wasn’t a tiny minority of the community disconnecting it was a hell of a lot of people.

There are things one side can do in this game to completely ruin it for the other that aren’t present in other games with dc penalties. Some maps really are not fun to play for one side. Some items/offerings really do suck the fun out. Rocket Legaue and Rainbow Six don’t have this hence why its a bad comparison.

Because if it’s not addressed then you just end up turning players away from the game, or disconnects turn to survivors giving up on 1st hook or killers going afk. All you’re doing that is turning one problem into another like right now disconnects are down but hook suiciding has skyrocketed.

• Abathur

I dont like using keys - unless its broken ones im all for that and I'll need to since I still have the deplete 3 keys challenge. On topic... I do not like keys AT ALL other than broken keys, they are pure bullshit, I agree with you. And abusing infinite loops like the misery ironworks is not cool at all imho. And this is coming from somebody who has 2300+ hours as survivor.

Same applies for the generator speeds, they are just COMPLETELY stupid and something needs to be done about the 1st minute or two of the game, and scotts idea of a start up seems like a decent one where until killer is in striking distance of one survivor all gens are 50% (or more) slower to progress.

There are things that piss killers and survivors off, however killers generally have the most impact with their actions since they cannot be killed off and directly affect a survivors gameplay. Yes a survivor can loop you, or distract you, but thats part of the game. They tea bag (not a fan of), but it has no effect on gameplay, they click their flashlights (again, not a fan of unless its to other survivors) but generally that has no effect on gameplay either.

My steam name is exactly the same as my forum name, and I only ever ask one thing, if I've had a fair chance to play (hell even if I only do 1 gen a totem and a unhook the whole game), win or lose Idc what the outcome for me is as I've had fun at least... its when people act like dicks (whether it be a survivor who literally abandons their team mates without good reason, or a killer who is tunneling for moris) that I have the biggest beef, and I only ever disconnect as I said if I am being tunneled for a mori. Its not a matter of winning or losing for me, its a matter of principle.

• Lofepramine
    Lofepramine Member Posts: 174
    edited February 2020

I already had numerous games full of lag and some which ended up with the killer and me being disconnected (not on purpose, obviously). 15 min penalty for something out of my control.

• the DC penalty system they have is stupid. broken and unfair and I wish it was never implemented.

That being said it's here and I doubt it's going anywhere so all we can do is get used to it or find a new game to play honestly. No point complaining about it.

• jiwix
    jiwix Member Posts: 64

Hi, I just had a crash, so I'm eating a temporary five-minute ban, is that normal? Do you think this is a good policy?,

get a free ban because the game is full of bugs, punish the players because the game has bugs every 5 minutes.

No game does that. It's the first time I've seen such a thoughtless system on a video game.

first crash first ban..

second crash second ban? developer? hallo? ???

WTF ?

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    edited February 2020

With Game crashes, game bugs and the very-now occasional cheater we get in games. I'd say 3-4 minute time out, and leave it at that. none of this stacking stuff.

• Abathur

Oh and lets not forget those people who (I just had one) have a 3000 ping connection and object and just make it so you are infinitely chasing somebody... thats not fun. But because I disconnect as killer now I just started to switch over I get a 15 minute ban for somebody who either has a disgraceful connection who shouldnt be playing, or is abusing their connection so I can never get close.... when I was clean the entire day beyond that. Im seriously getting frustrated with this disconnection penalty #########. Should be 5 minutes as some people have said and leave it at that, otherwise you are going to drive away a LOT of your player base.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited February 2020

it sucks to get tunnelled and mori'd, but honestly: deal with it.

Get your loss, let the killer have its Brutal Killer and move on. By DC'ing you are just making them more happy than mori'ing you, trust me.