Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Gameranx 7 Worst Punishments for D/C

bendermac
bendermac Member Posts: 772
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

I still don't get why people are so upset that the DC punishment is now active - GG Devs 😁👍

Anyone here should take a look at this video from Gameranx. Other Devs do far more severe punishments for a DC. So stop crying!

Comments

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

No one cares about punishing rage quitters. We care we are being punished due to known game breaking bugs such as the crouch stuck, being slugged through floor, and stuck in a match after it is technically over because the entity can't impale you so you're in a d/c stand off between killer and survivor.

These bugs happen often enough that this system is not a viable option to curb d/c at this point when many common bugs list d/c as the only viable option.

On average most players get 2-3 bugs a day that require them to d/c or result in a d/c such as loading screen freeze. This person is now hit with a 15 minute timer that will continue to escalate and there is nothing they can do on their end except not play the game.

Many people have done this and this has lead to increasing longer queue times for killer as well as survivors. Personally I am not playing as much and I have already started looking for another game to play until DBD addresses the aforementioned issues.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,714

I get where you're coming from and agree, "some" people are complaining without good reason for the dc bans but did you watch the video?

Number 7 is the exact same system DBD uses but Apex's system is more lenient, waiting 3 games before the 5 minute escalating ban while DBD's is right away.

Also, the bans in the video are all very forgiving with gear5 being the worst with year long bans but as the video said, 18 of 21 matches quit for that guy in 1 day. Destiny still let you play the main game, the lowered rank seems to have been a bug for that guy, longer queue times but still playable and can rejoin, getting put with other dcers means you can still play just the same, and just a funny death scene with no consequence for dcer.

That video title is super misleading and clickbaity.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I would bet Apex doesn't have the community DBD does either.

Outplay a killer in one game? get ready for when they see you a few games later and tunnel and mori spam you for 5 minutes, which is apparently all good fun and by the rules according to the developers.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

I mean, if you know someone could be a problem late game, it makes sense to eliminate them ASAP early game.

• ClickyClicky

Here we go again.

Don't play innocent with it I clearly said mori spam. Their goal isn't to eliminate you, it's just to ruin the game for you. Tbagging until bleed out with ghostface, mori spamming, camping and hitting on hook. I've seen it all.

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69

No one would care that DC penalty are in the game if the game didn't crash once a day, wasnt full of game breaking bugs, and filled with game breaking mechanics.

• McLightning
    edited February 2020

So defensive. You're inferring that mori spam (which is bannable) happens every other game. With all the tools built right into consoles and graphics cards these days to record highlights etc, it's hard to believe so many killers get away with it. You grossly exaggerate all of your claims, on literally every topic. Be realistic, dude.

If I have played you before, and I know you like to be clicky clicky with your flashlight, or abuse god windows, or in any way be an annoyance or problem for me that could skew the game etc, I am going to eliminate you ASAP. Even if that means tunneling you and slugging you with knockout, thana and sloppy butcher, and leaving you to bleed out. OR using you as bait with nurses calling. It's called strategy.

If I were you, I'd go back to not responding to me again.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

That's weird. I've literally had a bug like that happen one time in the 2.5 years I've played.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

This is the part that i am worried about, being able to play all day long if i want:

"On average most players get 2-3 bugs a day that require them to d/c or result in a d/c such as loading screen freeze. This person is now hit with a 15 minute timer that will continue to escalate and there is nothing they can do on their end except not play the game."

I know that during the day at least three times i will have to dc for some reason.

Endgame collapse starting but never finishing. I have a clip of that.

Stuck in crouch. I have clips of that after getting hit.

No healing prompts. I have clips of those. This is by far the most frequent one for me.

Getting stuck in barrels, tiles, pallets. Plenty of those clips.

Game loading ad infinitum. Far too often for a "competitive" game.

Stuck on killers' Shoulder and cant do a thing. He cant hook and has to carry me for the rest of the game. Got a clip of that.

Not dying on the hook. I mean i die, but the game does not register it.

These are just some of the things i see on a daily basis.

They said with dedicated servers they will be able to see an intentional dc. Fine. Can they tell if i am stuck on some guys shoulder? No. So you get a ban for leaving a game you cant leave.

• ClickyClicky

mori spam doesn't hold the game hostage anymore. Also it's a chore for players to record and upload lengthy large videos to youtube and then submit a report everytime.

Nobody said it happens every game but it happens and is glossed over.

My username is ironic, I don't use flashlights, I never "clicky clicky". We're not talking about eliminating a good survivor or a toxic player (it's a bad strat to even waste so much time chasing them) we're talking about people singling others out to ruin the game for them just because they played well in a previous game. Not to mention all the survivors that work with killers, sandbag etc etc the community is a mess and there hasn't even been any attempts to clean it up. It's not a strategy at all it's trolling for the sake of it.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Damn that's a lot of semi rare bugs to see daily. You ever play the lottery?

Side note, if that IS happening, why continue to play? Either for the frustration of knowing it happens, or for the fact you know you may end up screwing over teammates.

• McLightning

It's a chore? Video cards have very size efficient built in video encoders that can produce very small file sized video files that anyone with a 21st century connection can upload in a few minutes. Same with consoles.You're still inferring that it happens so, so often. If it does, why aren't more killers getting banned? It's not glossed over. It's literally bannable with video evidence. Glossing over a complaint without video evidence is not glossing over. It's called innocent until proven guilty. Welcome to the real world.

I wasn't referencing your username. I was referencing a very real thing that happens in game. Don't flatter yourself. Your issues sounds like a personal issue. Stop taking it personally when someone camps you, or tunnels you. It's a video game, and it is a strategy.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

Because this game is pretty unique. There is nothing like it really. The cool thing is new killer just about every game. new map every game. New team mates every game. I solo.

There is the unfortunate grinding aspect for the "completionist" in me.

What is sad is that after 1500 hours i dont have everything yet. I did put most points i earned into others so i can get the teachables. And i have all but stranger things, ghost and oni as well as missing two survs. BOught one surv last month with shards and got her to almost teachanles lever.....and then came the ruin nerf ( which did not affect me at all since i did not sue it) and the eventual matmakign that made me want to puke. So i quit again. They HAVE to fix MM ASAP. It is driving people away. Mostly the new people.