Madness tier 3 shouldn't stop you from picking up slugged teammates

I've had two games today against the Doc where myself and another survivor were the last remaining. In both cases he slugged for the 4K (this is not the complaint), and chased the last survivor, putting them in tier 3 madness at the same time. This made it impossible for the slugged survivor to be picked up, and the survivor being chased doesn't really have any options because juking the doc is very hard without specific perks.

Slugging for the 4K is fine, but if the last survivor can run the killer long enough for the slugged survivor to 99% themselves, I think they should be able to pick the slugged survivor up.

It's a very specific scenario, so I know it probably wouldn't be changed. What do you all think?

Comments

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

It's consistency. If it's something you have to channel like healing a downed survivor then it has to remain unavailable to do In t3

Or else healing becomes available to do in t3 which then only means generators are being impacted. But at that point you might as well play legion as the only reason you'd be snapping out of it is to do generators - simular to deep wounds

• miotas
    miotas Member Posts: 42

What if healing downed survivors is allowed but not injured ones or yourself?

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

That's still a healing action, so if they altered that they'd have to alter how it affects normal healing.

I can see how that's frustrating to go against and if it's happening to you frequently I'd recommend either tenacity or unbreakable. Tenacity let's you make distance and recover at the same time while unbreakable gives you a pick me up in addition to faster recovery speed

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020

Well like the guy before said, consistency.

There are few types of healing:

1. Healing Someone (picking up someone is also here)
    2. Healing yourself (with Medkit or Self Care)
    3. Self Recovery (recovering and picking yourself up)
    4. Mending
    5. Snapping out of it (not sure)

1 and 2 are affected by all "healing perks/powers" so Coulrophobia, Nurses Calling, Sloppy Butcher, Doctor's power. But for example Well Make it works only on 1.

3, 4 and 5 are not affected by ANYTHING

So if you want to change anything, you have to stick to these "healing types", I dont think you can make things in one "type" separate

• miotas

There are no other killer abilities that prevent you from picking up a downed teammate. You could compare it to being hooked. Tier 3 madness cannot stop you from unhooking someone. As being slugged can also lead to a survivor death, I think these actions should be treated the same (this could also be argued as consistency).

Perks to counter it do help but if I'm the last survivor I can't control what the slugged survivor is using.

• miotas

I see all of your points and it is a healing action, but the last 5% doesn't feel like an actual heal. It's literally a tap. It's like picking someone up.

Anyway thank you for your points, I'm glad to be able to discuss it. It's probably not best to potentially add more bugs by separating healing action types.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

I know that its "just a tap", but its technically "healing someone" (who is in dying state) and is no different that healing someone who is just injured.

So yeah, changing it would require more work than devs are willing to do. Its not like its hard to do, but what you described is just a rare case, so they probably will not bother changing it just for that one intraction.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

You can't even mend deep wounds in T3 idk why they would allow healing others

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

Most likely, because as others have pointed out, it is more work on the Devs to separate healing attributes and allow one type over another; and it would make Madness 3 not as useful or punishing for Survivors to stay in (The way it is now, M3 punishes even Calm Spirit users that happen to get into the state; preventing them from doing channels until they snap out of it).

On a related note, apparently it is fine for the Doctor's power to completely prevent Survivor actions -- but Freddy had to be reworked and his dream state had to have its "slowing Survivor action speeds" removed and put entirely on an add-on (and only slightly)...effectively making being asleep not really that big of an issue and not something survivors are just 'dying' to break out of.... what's up with that?

• Arxaion
    Arxaion Member Posts: 104

Madness is weak as is.

You can get rid of it at any point, and progress stays.