No ED doesn't have realistic counterplay

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

No ED doesn't have that much counter-play because of the random nature of the totem spawns. There might be 20+ possible totem spawns on the map, some are easy, some are hard, some are common, others more rare.

Nancy was my first survivor I leveled up and I've always run Inner Strength. Trust me I'm a good totem hunter, but in my almost 200 hours played I don't even think I've seen all the totem spawns in game yet. I know where to look and usually cleanse two to three totems per match, but every once and awhile I get a game where I can't even find one for the life of me because teammates cleanse the easy ones and there's like 1 or 2 super hard ones left. (Lerys, Hawkins and the Game are a nightmare sometimes).

You really shouldn't expect survivors to know the totem spawns on every map, every time. It's not realistic and it's not intuitive. Also, it always has a randomness factor, because you could get an easy map with easy spawns or a hard map with hard spawns. And the killer has no control over what they get.

Comments