Battle pass

I don't see how this is going to work. Seeing as most of the characters are from DLC you could end up buying the battle pass and unlocking no character cosmetics you can use. The reason I am against the battle pass is not because it is paid. It is because you already bought the game and DLC on top of that. If the game was free to play I would be happy with a battle pass but it isn't and you could end up spending money on cosmetics you will never be able to use unless you spend more money!

Comments

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

The cosmetics that you ALREADY have to PAY for with REAL money are the advance tiers. Meaning you can get double the paid cosmetics for the same price. The free tier are the ones that you can get normally with shards anyway so just playing the game gives these to you. Be grateful. You can now get free outfits AND buy certain outfits that you still like with shards and DLC.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    edited June 2019

Don't get me started on the shard grind that is worse then the bp grind. You know they will pay wall a lot of good cosmetics behind the battle pass right?

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited June 2019

You can buy the characters with shards since last year this argument is dumb.

You'll get cosmetics for dlc characters that you can get for free yes...

• Black_Fence
    Black_Fence Member Posts: 308

Okay say you spend the same amount as 2 cosmetics on the battle pass and get 10 cosmetics. That is great! Unless you don't have the DLC for those cosmetics then it is just usless. Most cosmetics will eventually be able to be bought with Shards (once they have been out for a while they tend to become purchasabe with Shards then you didn't need to spend more money in the first place.

• Black_Fence

Please let me know when any of the licenced characters can be bought for shards. At the moment they can't.

• BBQnDemogorgon

@Black_Fence How do you know licensed content will be in the pass? That's very unlikely.

• Black_Fence

Devs have already hinted at licence characters getting cosmetics.

• Black_Fence

I forgot about Ghost face, we all know he is going to have cosmetics and he is licenced and Auric Cells only.

• BBQnDemogorgon

@sorrowen Good? That's the point, cool paid cosmetics limited to a specific season/pass.

• silasbleu
    silasbleu Member Posts: 181

I dunno but on another note I hope the unlockable cosmetics are new content and not just stuff already available in the store. If not hopefully we at least get some content exclusive to the battle pass in the higher tiers.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited June 2019

@Black_Fence They are getting cosmetics but in the store. They won't be in the pass.

Pass cosmetics are exclusive to the pass/season.

They won't make cosmetics for a licensed character only to remove their availability after the season.

The licensing costs to create a cosmetic and then just delete it for new customers after 3 months? Makes no sense

With their own characters it does they can make those whenever they want for no extra cost to them besides paying their art staff...

• Black_Fence

I mean a battle pass in dbd makes no sense anyway but here we are.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    edited June 2019

They don't make liscensed cosmetics and all killers that DO have cosmetics, will be able to benefit from the cosmetics IF you want them BECAUSE you can BUY them with SHARDS for free. The devs gotta make money. You want this game to die because they can't pay their employees? If so, leave. If not, then buy the killers with shards. It's already been pretty known that licensed killers and survivors will not have DLC in the pass. If you watched the livestream, the paid pass with allow you to earn double the auric cells that you spent so you can BUY DOUBLE the paid licensed killers for half the price by just playing the game and get free cosmetics that cost $10 each. You spend $20 and get $40-$60 worth of product back, that is worth it to me. If you don't like that, don't buy it. Pay for the cosmetics with Auric Cells that cost real money but leave us out of it. I DO KNOW that THE PIG will be getting cosmetics BUT it won't be in the Pass. No PAID DLC will have cosmetics in the pass.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited June 2019

Why doesn't it make sense?

I'd rather pay 10$ and earn a dozen cosmetics because I'm playing the game anyway than pay $10 and get a 3 piece outfit.

and if you don't like the cosmetics in the pass don't buy it.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Judith Behavior's just following daddy EA's examples with CoD's battle pass. Soon enough, they'll also sell the opportunity to skip levels inside their battle pass because they're too grindy to even complete for normal people.

• AStupidMonkeyy

I was gonna go on a rant but I already gave my reasons and I won't be tempted. Get over it. It is coming, it'll be beautiful and the moment you buy a pass, I'll make sure to ridicule you for all the hate that you have brought to the devs over something so stupid.

• Seanzu
    edited June 2019

EA doesn't even own CoD so you're just spouting nonsense now, lmao.

imagine being so wrapped up in the hate for a battle pass you can't even be angry at the right people.

• AStupidMonkeyy

Everyone: We want cosmetics!!!!

Devs: Creates marketplace and a better way to buy certain DLC characters too.

Everyone: Why does it take so long to get shards!

Devs: We made it so you can buy certain things with shards!

Everyone: We want free stuff since its too hard to grind for shards!

Devs: Battle Pass to give you free stuff and you can pay for double to triple the cosmetics with a premium pass.

Everyone: How ######### DARE YOU! I rather pay $10 per outfit than let you get greedy!

Devs: What the..? You are not understan..

Everyone: You guys are horrible! Blah, Blah, Blah!

Devs can NEVER win.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

Battle passes beautiful? Sorry but you are obviously too naive.

• Black_Fence

I have plenty of shards but never see any cosmetic worth buying for characters I play. I am not pissed about a battle pass I am pissed that they are adding a battle pass to a game which you already paid for. It is just money grabbing at this point. They will make the pass an impossible grind like everything else so unless you spend 8 hours on it a day you will probably not max the pass and have wasted some of your money. Just to add for sods law the only skin you will be interested in will be at like rank 95 which will make you wanna cry. I don't mind battle passes for games where you don't have to pay to play but you already paid at dbd. When I bought dbd you didn't need to put any money in at all to unlock everything. Now you have to buy almost everything.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

@Black_Fence One thing that I’ve learned playing Fortnite is that it’s not really “free”.

I probably spent at least $50 on that game just for battle passes and cosmetics.

DBD makes plenty of money on cosmetics alone. If the devs are going to make a battle pass, they should add NEW cosmetics, not the one from the shop.

• Black_Fence

I spent £7.99 on Fortnite in total and got 7 season passes out of it. I have countless skins and haven't bought a "premium" one that isn't on the battle pass. With Fortnite I maxed out every pass so I could afford the next one for free. Dbd I can't say the same for. Freddy was the last licenced killer I paid for because after the Devs did him dirty I vowed never to spend money on dbd again. After seeing what happened with DS, and soon to be MoM I am glad I stopped buying DLCs because as soon as something good comes about it gets nerfed. On both sides.

• sorrowen

The DBD team is basically mini EA who monotize all they can get away with.

• AStupidMonkeyy

There it is. You spent $8 (Most of the time, it's $20). The premium pass offers Auric Cells and Shards on top of the cosmetics. They even said so. You literally get money back for the original purchase.

• AStupidMonkeyy

Don't buy the pass then. They gotta pay their employees. Updates and content isn't FREE.

• sorrowen

Sad part is it used to be free besides licensed chapters.

• Seanzu

That's a lie.

of Flesh And Mud £4.99

Spark of Madness £4.99

The only free non licensed DLCs are Nurse & Huntress.

• BBQnDemogorgon

I swear gamers are way too sensitive when it comes to money and paid content/cosmetics...

Its not that serious the battle pass is cosmetics...Non licensed characters can be earned free with in game points...the store is cosmetics as well...

All this whining over nothing is dumb.

• Seanzu

Because the game is more expensive on console.

I wonder, did PC come out with the DLC first, or console.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

Does it matter which came out first? Maybe he played on console from the start and got used to it being like it was. Why does he care if it is different on pc?

• Seanzu

"The only paid dlc is licensed"

It's simply not true, that's just the fact of it, it doesn't matter whether he plays on console or not, his comment is simply NOT the truth.

• sorrowen

Indeed I was on console first but moved to pc later.

• Jono
    Jono Member Posts: 2

A battle pass is very much welcome in this game, there is zero problem with it at all, its a win win situation for all,it gives players more incentive to grind while being rewarded while also giving the devs more resources to make more content and to pay their staffs, everyone is so ignorant to find something to sling at the devs, the game came out in 2016, no one thought the game was gonna be as successful as it is, ya'll are acting as if the game is incredibly expensive, it is on sale so many times during the year, and using console as an argument is invalid,it was giving free to ps users and its now on the gamepass, which you can try for a month for a $ then buy the game outright, stop treating battlepasses in a negative way just because fortnite or cod do it, it is really simple at the end of the day, if you do not like the idea just don't buy it, but at the same time enjoy them free tiers that you are gonna complain about because everyone else bought the battle pass and rocking that cool claudette outfit

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

What's the issue with buying chapters and cosmetic items from the shop?

They need MORE money now? And in the most predatory way that isn't loot boxes, by playing on your fear of missing out and potentially causing bad playing habits?

Pfft. I had 0 issues paying for characters and even some cosmetic items. But this junk?

BHVR: we don't want to add any more exclusives

Also BHVR: lol u thought

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

If your just to cheap to buy it when it comes out on the day, why not just start putting a few penny's aside now for it lol there is no release date yet and no news yet about it yet, seems like they mentioned it on that one stream months ago and then nothing has been mentioned since lol why complain about it, either dont buy it, or like I said put some money aside each week, or month and then you will be good to go when it comes out. And if it comes out before Christmas, you know what to ask for :)

• Onomo
    Onomo Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2019

It's just unnecessary.

Players have already bought the game and the DLC to experience the full content. They added the store to sell more cosmetics, something almost every player used to their advantage.

Adding a BATTLE PASS is just being greedy. Just sell more cosmetics and add more DLC if you would like more revenue.

Games that start off free benefit from a Battle Pass the most from my experience. Unless the Devs plan on making DBD a free-to-play game(I feel like it's too late but never say never), they need to cancel this greedy attempt at making more money.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

It's not bad at all it gives people reason to continue play for longer amount of time and more rewards for playing.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Saying "just don't buy it" doesn't mean anything, the fact it's in a 20-30$ game, plus over 100$ of DLC with more too come, with a battle pass that could cost anywhere from 10-20$ is greedy af. You set a bad standard when you allow such a thing.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Not to mention the store that has skins that are 10$ a pop per outfit.

• Rogueshockpoint
    Rogueshockpoint Member Posts: 2

Asking for my own well-being, but after the season's done is the lore-building in the tomes still available to obtain through challenges? Or do they cancel out like the build in a tome. Mainly because I don't exactly have the funds to buy Kate/Clown but really love reading on everyones lore.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,068

There are two different things:

The Rift-->This is where you can purchase the Premium Pass. Grind through the Rift to get Cosmetics/Charms. You can earn Rift Fragments via The Archives/Tomes or by playing.

The Archives/Tomes-->Each Tome is tied to a Rift. If the Rift expires (after 70 Days), the Tome Challenges will not give any Rift Fragments, but you will be able to get the BPs and the Lore. So even if the Rift closed, you can still do the Challenges. And even if you start playing later, you can still do all of the Tome Challenges which were released until this point - the old Tomes will not give any Rift Progression tho, but BPs and Lore.