Seriously, what’s with all the camping

Options

I play on Xbox; literally every match today I’ve been camped relentlessly. I have not been toxic whatsoever; really didn’t have time to do anything before getting found. I’m typically ranked 14/15 so I’m not even good enough to be toxic. So for all you killers out there, WHY ARE YOU CAMPING ME SO BADLY

Comments

• magrag156
    magrag156 Member Posts: 20
    Options

I asked the same question about 2 hours ago and their answer to it is, its a playstyle and the killer can do what they want.

I understand where you are coming from, there has been a lot of camping as of late and i think its because of the state the game is in.

Or the killer is a newbie and doesnt know how to play the game well yet.

• magrag156
    magrag156 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Ok so is looping but the killer still complains about it.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Well to be fair, some maps do have god loops where low tier killers can spend the whole match there and still don't get a hit

• goon375v2
    goon375v2 Member Posts: 15
    Options

How is it legitimate? They have done it with 1k and 2k. If I’m the 4th kill, I get it, not really anything left to do. If the devs had it in the beginning with tutorials, then it makes a lot more sense why people do it. If a killer camps someone that is toxic, I get that too. As I said before, I am not toxic nor do I think I have the skill to be.

I play killer occasionally and the survivors in my matches are wayyyy better than me (I suck at killer most of the time) and I still refuse to camp because it defeats the purpose of the game.

I love this game for the fun matches I’ve played and I will continue to play, but seriously, try to make the game fun and not camp relentlessly.

• goon375v2
    Options

Also, if the killer is new, I understand that too. I always check at the end of the round to see what their rank and perks are before I send a message asking

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580
    Options

Run kindred, counters camping and the killer will at most finish the game with 1 kill.

• goon375v2
    Options

This is what I’ve started doing; just doesn’t help if I’m their one kill.

You are skipping past my point that it ruins gameplay; as in makes the match less fun whether the devs intended it or not. Knowing that the devs intended it as a style of game play makes it less irritating, like barely, but at least I can see where some of the roots of this ridiculous tactic comes from.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580
    Options

Not entirely true, it helps the other survivors immensely as they can gen pressure and it would make it easier for them to save if they can see the killers aura.

But there are times it's a camping leatherface and you just die, still it's best to hang on and give the others as much time as possible to punish the killer.

Camping only really exists because survivors reward the killer for doing it

• goon375v2
    Options

That’s true. And typically that’s what happens is they get the one kill and three get away. Just really ruins the match for the one they do it to. I think that’s what I’ll just start doing; if the killer is camping, I won’t feed into it unless I have a solid team that goes all in together with the right perks and tools.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited February 2020
    Options

I play on xbox every now and then. And as killer I'm called camping for being in the area Destroying Pallets and looking around the gen just a few meters away because i heard it going at almost being finished If its anything like that then its not really camping its your team farming you basically

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

You’re only thinking about yourself. Camping makes the game un-fun for you, not the Killer. The killer may enjoy camping, especially if Survivors keep throwing themselves at the killer. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it is bad or unenjoyable for others.

Why should the Killer, whose goal is to kill Survivors, care about making the game more fun for you? If you entered a match and saw a lit totem within the first 15 seconds, would you not cleanse it? Of course you would, it would most likely make your objective easier. You wouldn’t consider how the Killer would feel that you completely disabled one of their perks for the whole match, would you? No, you probably wouldn’t.

Are there rules in the game that require the Killer to leave the hook, or to chase Survivors and allow them to constantly loop them? Nope there are not. Killers are not your playthings where you get to dictate how they play. You do what you want in a match and they will do what they want.

Want a solution so you don’t have to deal with camping? Learn how to evade the killer! Learn how to loop better! Make yourself a less desirable target! If you get better at looping, you can waste a Killers time for most of a match.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

A few killers have become very insecure because of the latest changes and are hardcore camping out of spite. There's not much you can do about it only pray that you don't get a killer like that, or you're not their only victim

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Sometimes it's just like that, man. Go to the next match, or if it keeps happening, hop on another game.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Or, you get smart survivors who ignore the hook and knock out 3 gens while you camp.

• Warlock_2020
    Options

See, this is part of the toxic process in this game. Sorry, but camping the whole match is toxic and a horrible plan considering it relies on the survivors to be dumb. If they are smart, they hit gens and move on.

I've seen you post before and you seem to be a nice person. It baffles me that you don't see how toxic and unhealthy camping is for the game. I know 10 people that I got to play who quit specifically because they were tired of being in a camper match so often.

Both sides have toxic behavior. Hardcore camping is one, and I don't support it at all. I think it takes a very selfish, and spiteful person to use that play style. Camping has its place, for sure, but from the first hook with no swarm or toxicity? No, just childish.

It is these types of things that keep thos game from growing its player base to the point that new modes can be put in. This game will forever linger on without seeing its potential due to the toxic play styles it permits and endorses.

• Crazy_Coyote
    Crazy_Coyote Member Posts: 10
    Options

Unworthy complaint. Get better and achieve higher rank you wont see pathetic bad killers like this.

• yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515
    Options

My man talk facts I camp because of toxic and need a kill.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658
    Options

I've had days like that on Xbox as well dude. Had a hag set all of her traps and then stand behind me, I just laughed. Some killers camp because they are potatoes, or never cared to learn, others are just toxic and some are trying to secure a kill with no effort.

• AvisDeene
    Options

With how fast gens pop, it is already really difficult for a Killer to catch any decent Survivor worth their salt. By the time a Killer gets their first hook there are usually 3 generators that have been completed. If a Killer has trouble with the first catch, why would they leave them only to get looped again and again? Unless the Killer is really good at mind games, the easier option would be to protect the hook and wait for the teammates. If they caught the Survivor super early into the match, like say 30 seconds from entering, then that is the fault of the survivor for getting caught. It would mean their teammates are probably stronger at looping, and it would make better sense to not waste time and get the weaker one out of the match faster. You say it is a bad strategy, but more often than not, when I play survivor, I see my teams rush the hook every time the Killer hooks someone.

If games were longer, I can see how toxic camping could be, but they go by way too fast. Low tier killers don't have many options, and Survivors have no right to dictate how a Killer player plays. Sure, blatant face-camping a survivor while slashing their hanging body is toxic, but you can't ask the developers to force Killers to stop playing certain strategy because a few people over do it.

The complaints of camping is overblown on the forums. I have over 500 hours in this game now, most of those hours was playing Survivor, and most of them with the most hated character P3 Claudette (Didn't know she was hated as much as she is), and I haven't been camped anywhere near as much as players are saying they are (Unless it happens at red ranks, I only made it to rank 5 and started playing killer more). Maybe 1 out of 6 games, and that is usually at the half way mark. If your 10 friends couldn't handle pvp in this game, then pvp doesn't suit them since camping happens throughout online gaming.

Camping is in control of the Survivors. You want to punish the Killer, don't rush hooks, learn how to take note of pallet and vault locations and get better at looping. You can't get camped if you don't get caught.

If the game fails, it isn't the fault of the survivors or killers, it fails because Behavior has failed at keeping the game fun.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 456
    Options

The toxic are openly unmasked right here in this post. Really good job, indeed the toxic noobs are legion.

The 'camping time strategy' is for the lazy players what they don't want to be too frustrated.

@goon375v2 : be trustful with developpers to do something against it, they already had done something to decrease the campers spread. You know how successful it was.

But now, they have applied new penalties against DCers. "New stats incoming"...

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    Options

Camping is a terrible strategy for slowing the game if you're playing against smart survivors. If you're playing at red ranks you got to assume you are going against smart survivors.

If a killer is camping the hook he is not providing any generator pressure, as the survivors can just complete the generators without being interrupted.

To sum it up camping only works against hook swarmers, but against good survivors you're basically throwing the game by camping, giving the three other survivors an easy escape.

Yes, I play killer at red ranks.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

Chances are if you have to camp, it's because the game was already lost within the first two minutes of the game when 2-3 gens have popped with no signs of slowdown against decent survivors, and especially against a coordinated team. At that point, it's not always about a non-existent pip so killers default to their primary objective: killing survivors, not being a gen jockey. If the survs are already running the gens before the camp, they're not going to suddenly break strategy. If they do, at least you get points from them you otherwise wouldn't have gotten by playing survivor rules. Best you can hope for is to leave with your self respect by succeeding at the one thing you're supposed to do.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

Keep ranking up, i noticed that once you get to rank 10 and up that you won't see as many campers. Still some, but definitely better than ranks 15 thru 20. The problem is usually that the killer doesn't know any better.

Also, i am not sure when you were camped, but don't get mad if you were camped during egc, what else is the killer supposed to do?

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
    Options

Carry Kindred so your teammates know you're being camped. No guarantees but it should make your teammates rush gens even more and encourage the killer to move away. Worst that happens is you die but all gens get done.

• mmain
    mmain Member Posts: 430
    edited February 2020
    Options

Kindred rarely makes survivors work on gens when someone is being camped. Instead it causes at least 2 other survivors to run towards the hook and then sneak around for 2 minutes hoping to be the one that rushes in for the unhook the moment the killer gets far enough away. It's one of the reasons I both love and hate Kindred. It gives lots of information. Unfortunately most of the information it gives is that survivors don't play smart.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471
    Options

Not really its cause the devs won't be bothered to add new stuff.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
    Options

I have to admit. This made me laugh because it's been happening to me lately with Kindred. You're right. Wish teammates used the info correctly

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
    Options

Probably because everyone and there mother is bringing prove thyself and toolboxes. Then are so shocked when they get to end game ti learn oh ######### we went so fast we forgot totems.

• mmain
    mmain Member Posts: 430
    Options

I rarely get upset over anything a killer does, but Kindred has made me frequently upset with the way other survivors play. In my matches I would say at least 75% of survivors play without any sort of strategy or rationale whatsoever.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

It is more prevalent in lower ranks. Usually newbie killers who are insecure they will be able find and catch another survivor.

Unfortunately it is often rewarded because it is hard to not even try to get your teammate off the hook. Even though you know they are camping, you also know your teammates experience in the game sucks, and it tends to be like, "well I should at least try to get them". But this of course rewards the camping strategy.

It is a low skill strategy that you will rarely see the higher you climb in ranks.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Its rank reset. This is low rank players in their natural habitat. This is why BT and DS were made so strong.

All you can do is try to grind your way up to red ranks.

• Warlock_2020
    Options

We don't have the population for new stuff. If they offered a new game mode, you'd sit in que forever because the merger player population would split between modes.

• Lowercase_Symbols
    Lowercase_Symbols Member Posts: 18
    Options

Kindred is super good but it’s still doesn’t fix the stupidity of teammates not doing #########

• Warlock_2020
    Options

I know it can be hard to hear this at times, but most of the killers on this forum are not very good. Seriously, most survivors are not either.

I play red ranks as Trapper mostly. I'm colorblind to the point that I can't see blood pools on any outdoor mape, nor can I see scratch Mark's on any map. I hunt by anticipation and learning survivor tendencies. I have zero problem getting 3-4k in 90% of my matches. I don't even consider myself to be very good compared to really good killers.

When I watch other killers who post their "gens are to fast" vids I can see upwards of 12 mistakes they make in the first 60 seconds of a match. Whether it is mi d gaming at the wrong time, chasing too long after the first hit on strong loops, yet hearing a nearby gen being repaired. Ignoring nearly complete gens in order to follow a survivor to a dead zone where no gens are, etc, etc.

I got good advice from a streamer once and decided to let myself learn. I got pummeled for more than a month, but started seeing changes in my matches. Shortened chases, a lot more snowball matches, etc.

Camping is flatly the dumbest plan if that is what you are doing from the start. It 100% depends on dumb play by survivors. I've found most killers I've experienced playiing that way are after salt. They don't care about pips, bp, just salt. If you are using camping as a main plan, start recording your matches and try critiquing your mistakes. You will find yourself doing mutch better without a weak plan.

• AvisDeene
    Options

The point isn't whether or not camping is a good strategy or not, it's about telling Killers how they should play. I agree that most players play poorly, but no player has any inherent right to tell someone else how to play. It isn't the job of a Killer to make sure that everything they do satisfies the Survivor, especially when Survivors never consider if they're making the game fun for the Killer.

Since camping is dumb and ineffective, the Survivors that hate it just need to go watch some videos of good streamers, or record themselves so they can see their own mistakes, and get better at evading or looping the Killer. Then they would rise in ranks and not have to deal with it.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471
    Options

We don't have the population because devs dont do anything new and cant balance the game fairly...I really would love to know though how games like Smite can maintain multiple game modes but this game that uses fewer people per match can't even have 2?

• Warlock_2020
    Options

It is a two bladed sword when we talk about not telling people how to play. It goes for the toxic hit squad SWF group as well.

Personally, I'd rather see people play as if they were in the same room as the stranger. I'm more of a sportsman and I treat my opponent in a VIDEO GAME as if they are humans trying to have fun, just like I am. I don't expect that level of human decency online though. It is just not there when one hides behind a monitor.

• AvisDeene
    Options

Correct, Killers can't tell Survivors how to play, it isn't as if the Survivor will listen to them, so why should Killers listen to them? Both sides just need to get better or just learn to put up with it, neither has a right to dictate the others play-style.

I hate toxicity on both sides, but since the devs allow it, nothing will change.

• AvisDeene
    Options
  • BubbaSawyerMeats
    BubbaSawyerMeats Member Posts: 108
    Options

all weekend trying to get rifts done. just face-camping ghostfaces. Running kindred helps, but more that likely they have noed and go for kills at the end. but the killer ends up with like 5k points at the end. Whats the point for the killer doing that? nobodies impressed, you got no points and you de-piped.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Options

Sorry not really. Camping is there too. Also with rank match making as it is... You still face lower ranked killers

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

It never goes away completely, but it is definitely better.

Unless you are one of those that call it camping because the killer didn't immediately go to the other side of the map....

• DrownedFish
    DrownedFish Member Posts: 107
    Options

Killers do not have time to win +10 cases unless survivors fck up so, someone needs to die early. Don't get caught.