Slugging needs a nerf

Options
gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,532

Bleed out timer reduced to one minute.

Survivors can pick themselves up normally without perks.

Unbreakable buffed to 50% recovery time to compensate for being less special.

Slugging games are no fun for anyone and usually no one pips

Comments

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 581
    Options

Isn't this a Nerf to survivors lol slug em twice and they die...

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

If anything I think unbreakable needs another requirement in order to activate. Like in order for unbreakable to work there cant be another survivor within 28 meters when you are downed. This way it doesn't punish the killer for playing smart. Often times you get these swf groups that want to do their little flashlight saves or teabag the killer into another chase so their friend can use their second chance perk after being outplayed. Unlike DS and BT I feel like unbreakable punishes good killers more than it does toxic ones.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 590
    Options

lol these requests are unviable cause it makes broken from both sides.

last match i got a doctor that slugged me and the last guy with 3 gens left, he let us get up to down us again and farm points, it gets to the point that i didnt get up anymore and waited 4 minutes.

i am not playing anymore today

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options
  • VigilStrange
    VigilStrange Member Posts: 57
    Options

Timer reduced: So I can die before my teammates have a chance to come get me up? No thanks

Self pick-up without perks: So Unbreakable and No-Mither are broken perks? No thanks

Unbreakable buffed: Why not 100% Add in Botany Knowledge and you can pop back up before the killer even gets out of terror radius! Don't break the perk, and then make a suggestion that you have no idea of how that balance would work.

No one pips: Confirmation bias. You have 0 data to support this hyperbole.

Slugging doesn't need a nerf, because it's not a mechanic of the game. No one is required to slug. It's a strategy, that does get used legitimately. If you are having issues with constant slugging for luls killers, then take a break from the game for a while, because there is nothing the devs can do to stop it, and not everyone has the issue. Personally I've had it happen once, and it was just after EGC came out and the killer wanted to see me die to EGC. But I managed to escape anyway.

• JohnofPA
    JohnofPA Member Posts: 12
    Options

Are you insane.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

being slugged on the ground for the entire match sucks..and its the tactic now. its rare but it happens. and DC'ing is out of the picture now; so itd be nice if we were given a "forfeit" option at least.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    Options

I'd be okay with a forfeit option. As long as it doesn't open the hatch.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

On this note, gens need to be reduced to 20 charges and exit gates need to open in 1 second. Oh yeah, and nerf NOED. NOED should only active after all survivors have escaped. Has anyone else noticed that each map only has 1 infinite. There should be an infinite per generator. And more pallets, but really, really safe pallets.

• gatsby
    Options

Just balance slugging and No ED so they're fun to play against and I'm happy.

Not asking for too much

• Frankie
    edited February 2020
    Options

Slugging is balanced. There's 2 perks that counter it. NOED is balanced, there's 2 perks and an item that can help you destroy totems, which counters it.

Boom. Winning has never been so easy (and you really do make it brilliantly simple). Get good.

/thread

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

You're asking for slugging to be balanced to be fun to play AGAINST. You've not once thought about what it's like for the other side. Killers don't want to slug all day and run NOED but a lot of them are running out of options and feel this is the best way to adapt and cope with the recent changes. It's really rough to play killer as it is and if you don't slug, you don't have pressure, therefore you lose. It's really that simple. This is how the game is played now and until BHVR do something to actually help killers instead of run them into the ground even more...you'll just have to deal with it I'm afraid.

• gatsby
    Options

The two perks to counter No ED are bad and off-meta. And one of the perks to counter Slugging is literally the worst perk in the game

• gatsby
    Options

They could always just make Killers easier to rank up on by having the emblems balanced around getting 2 kills.

Bam. Fixed the high rank killer shortage and made Killer easier to play because there's no pressure to get a 4k

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Do you really need 4 perks that prevent you from getting caught in the first place?
  • gatsby
    edited February 2020
    Options

Don't use the meta perks, don't win. Like I literally don't feel comfortable loading into a game without Decisive Strike

Maybe the Devs could add more perk slots for variety so you can counter killers harder? Like 5 or 6

• Frankie
    edited February 2020
    Options

If you can't win without meta perks, you are a terrible survivor. Like, you are just flat out bad at the game if you can't win without meta perks.

Now we know what kind of player you are. Rank 20, and without a valid, experience based opinion. Or, a troll. Either way, you have no idea what you're talking about if you aren't good enough to escape without meta perks.

I win. i will always win, and you will never win this debate. Now enjoy talking to yourself. LOL

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

The funny thing is, the thing that needs the nerf is the insane speed at which slugs can be picked up. If I kill a Survivor basically right next to another one, I should benefit from that. Instead, that first survivor can be picked up almost instantly.

• Frankie
    Options

Thread is meaningless. This person admits to not being able to win without meta perks, which means they are new to the game and don't have any room to talk about balance.

Meanwhile, I run this build, and escape I'd say 60% of the time, and pip over 80% of the time:

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited February 2020
    Options

Okay.... You want to make it so a slugged DS user dies.

Im all for it(not really) lets watch as every single survivor dies on the floor because they got an obsessions in game

• gatsby
    edited February 2020
    Options

I'm this kind of player. Idk how you'd classify it but I win games and was rank 4 last season

• Dokta_Carter
    edited February 2020
    Options

Legit this will make people more reliant on slugging and watching them bleed out a survivor dying in 1 min on the ground will be more reliable then face camping, proxy camping, tunneling or even hooking

• Dokta_Carter
    Options

You legit realize you can replace ONE of ether the fourth and third to have ether Detectives hunch or unbreakable?

Btw one of these perks are part of the current meta

• Frankie
    edited February 2020
    Options

Oh okay, so you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to balance.

You think NOED and slugging are OP, but somehow DS is balanced. ahaha

Legit though, you're new, you have no room or experience base to talk about balance. So stop. Your comments scream "I'm a no0b3 wannabe and just bought this game 3 months ago!". You need to actually get some experience, play killer above brown/yellow ranks, and then tell me how OP these things are. However, if you can't win without meta survivor perks, I don't think you could win killer at red ranks with the most OP killer perks in the game.

As for your rank 4 flex - with the way rank reset has been the last 2 months, you have zero credibility for claiming you got to rank 4. It's always been piss easy to rank up as survivor, and it's been easier since the rank reset changes happened. Case and point, rank reset happened a few days ago. I'm already rank 1 survivor again; and I was reset to rank 11.

• gatsby
    Options

Happy now? Idk why you all want to invalidate my opinions as me being "bad"

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

If the devs reduced the bleedout to 1 minute it would actually BUFF slugging. People that slug don't care about points and pips. They care about killing. One minute bleedout means I won't even move as soon as I down someone. I will just sit on the downed survivor for a minute and down them again if they get back up.

One minute later it's a 3 vs 1. Easy win. Remember two hook stages is 2 minutes in total.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Okay, all gen speeds are increased by 200% to compensate then, because that just cut killer pressure almost in half.

• Frankie
    Options

Rank 4 means nothing. Ranking up as survivor is crazy easy, as I said. Survivor rank is a participation trophy, not a factor of skill. Even the DEVS said in the matchmaking notes that rank doesn't translate to skill.

So no, rank means nothing, and if you need meta perks to win, you're not good at the game.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    Options

Bring the perks if slugging is so frequent for you.

• Frankie
    Options

Oh, but they aren't meta perks, and if you don't run meta perks "you don't win" according to this guy.

facepalm

• gatsby
    Options

I need self healing and decisive. That's it. I run plenty of "off-meta" perks in the 3rd and 4th slot. Alert, Balanced Landing, Better Together, Prove Thyself, Quick and Quiet, Head On etc. But all of those are for fun. Unbreakable doesn't even get used half the time. And Detective's Hunch is an expensive perk to buy on an otherwise unremarkable survivor

• Frankie
    edited February 2020
    Options

"I need self healing and decisive" Thanks for proving my point.

Also - If unbreakable doesn't get used half the time...why is slugging such an issue? As well, Balanced Landing, Prove Thyself, Quick and Quiet AND Head On are ALL meta perks.

Again, get better at the game, then you'll have credible opinions on balance. Until then, you're just an entitled survivor.

Take the L, bud. You don't have perks to help you win this debate.

• gatsby
    Options

I bet you could get rank 1 only using No Mither right? LOL stop acting like Perks aren't a core game mechanic and are unnecessary if you're "good"

• monstermaster42
    monstermaster42 Member Posts: 81
    Options

Slugging is a tactic, but like most it can be used in scummy ways, it works well, so they will use it time and time again, there's already a penalty for letting a survivor bleed out so maybe if they were to make it harsher that would help, but if a player (because they are not a killer if they are playing like that) is just slugging to be a d bag then the points don't matter to them so its just something you will have to deal with, unless a fundamental change is made to certain systems

• Frankie
    edited February 2020
    Options

I've never tried - but I have gotten to rank 1 with no perks and only bloodpoint offerings, and have won with no mither MANY times.

Anything else? I'll shoot everything you say down. You have nothing.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    Options

This is not a good idea and here is why ;

1. Reducing the bleedout timer to one minute means that the killer can just camp your body until you're dead, now you've had less fun and died quicker too.
    2. The ability to pick yourself up would make killers like Oni & Myers worthless as they're pretty much built on the idea of applying tons of pressure through slugging as they're snowball killers. This would also heavily weaken infectious fright while completely neutering knock out.
    3. Unbreakable is already an insanely strong perk, infact it's the most game changing perk in the game as it can single handedly turn a losing match into a victory against a good killer. Now you want it so this perk picks you up even sooner ontop of the baseline ability to pick yourself up. If anything, unbreakable should probably be nerfed.
    4. Slugging is a key part for allowing good killers to pick up map pressure especially in rough situations where there simply isn't enough time to hook someone. These ideas would make way more matches completely unwinnable, especially on already rough maps like Ormond, Haddonfield and any Coldwind Farm map.

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416
    Options

Huh it’s almost like slugging cuts survivor productivity by 25% and is natural slow down stop acting like it’s a bad thing it’s just the next evolution in killer play style ther is nothing to nerf or punish unless you want to start punishing survivors for completing gens too fast

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

B8 isn't supposed to be THIS obvious, m8.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

You know, if slugging is that powerful, there is a Perk out there that almost completely disables the Killer's ability to slug you and the only trade-off is being in a one-hit chase instead of a two-hit one.

Just my two cents.