Rank Update Error and DC penalty

Since the new patch, I’ve been getting the rank update errors that kick me out of the match very frequently (every 3 or 4 games), and I want to know if there’s going to be a way for the game to know when this error is occurring or when I’ve voluntarily left the match. I think I know the answer to this, but I like being a hopeful person.

Comments

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,530

If you could grab us a short clip of this happening, I will definitely raise a flag with the team. We don't want to punish someone for an error.

• BetaBytes
    BetaBytes Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2020

I've been getting the rank update error all the time after escaping through the exit gate. I haven't been able to get any of my positive pips either. It's so unfair. I just get negative pips... really how is this fair?

• Dacrenon
    Dacrenon Member Posts: 207

I've had that happen to me a couple of times on PS4 over the last few days; I tried not to take the 1st DC penalty personally, but the second one just made me shut down the game and play something else entirely.

• LonelyFaggot
    LonelyFaggot Member Posts: 2

I constantly have a Rank Update Error. I am playing Dead by Daylight as a killer and after the game finished I have the Error, I am getting the Bloodpoints, but my Rank is not incresing by playing. I hope this bug could get fixed finally or u have an idea why it causes after every game

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458
    edited February 2020

@Peanits I constantly get the rank update error when I play, killer or survivor, and have never got hit with a disconnect penalty. The one constant thing I have noticed though is when I get the rank update error and the game resets, I always get an error message stating that a network connection is required to play the game at the start screen. I hit the okay button and then space to start and it always starts back up afterwards. The rank update error is somehow tied to the game thinking that the user isnt online.

Post edited by Chicagopimp2019 on
  • Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

on the ptb i still have the "update rank error" since 3.5.0 patch

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Today I played against a Bubba. He camped last guy. Suddenly, he DCed. I asked him if that was on purpose. He said no, game crashed and he is now sitting on a 30 Minutes penalty.

Seriously, this system can't work with all the bugs this game has. You guys are punishing the normal players more than the ones who are actually destroying the match on purpose because those who constantly rage quitted before the time penalty are now just suiciding on AFKing.

• FKIMLLER
    FKIMLLER Member Posts: 5

I’m playing on ps4. On the end of every match that I have positive pip I have this “rank update error’ then the game send me to the first loading scream, I lose any of the bloodpoints, challenge progress, pips or shards that I have awarded in that match. Please fix this bug as fast as possible

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    edited April 2020

Pretty sure this has been fixed bud. This happened a long time ago, and I havent experienced this bug or seen people complaining about it. Youre just a troll, I doubt the devs will delete your comment at all.

Also GhostAface?

11/10 lmfao

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

Anyone on steam look into 'family share'.

If the devs cant manage fair d/c penalties, just manage it yourself.

• FearedbytheGods
    edited April 2020
  • AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
  • ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

A friend of mine has this error every single time after a match, she always DCes during the endgame chat moment and we have to re-invite her, every match.

She verified the files, reinstalled the game, even moves the game to a different drive, no change.

• FearedbytheGods

What annoys me is that these issues were pointed out BEFORE d/c penalties were introduced.

Yet here we are......