How come you guys say that campimg is okay?

Options
2»

Answers

• RussianSpyPigeon
    RussianSpyPigeon Member Posts: 83
    Options

As a survivor a killer camping may not be fun for you but helps your friends or teammates. If you had a SWF or somewhat of a decent team they would know to just do gens since it buys them time to escape.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

When I see killers camping, it happens for strategic reasons in most cases. I rarely see a killer facecamping somebody while constantly hitting them - maybe the killer got annoyed by that particular survivor by t-bagging/flashlight clicky clicky... who knows? 🤷

Also "exit gate camping": What else is the killer supposed to do when the gens are done? Search for survivors on the opposite side of the map?

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

because of course killers can camp and tunnel and play toxic but if a survivor does gens or crouches once it's horrible and not okay lol

• Crazy_Coyote
    Crazy_Coyote Member Posts: 10
    Options

Dumb complaint. Bad killers do this. Move up in rank and you won't see this as it won't work amongst experienced survivors.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179
    Options

I personally will proxy camp a hook if I know there are people hiding ready to run up and unhook unless I see them far away with bbq then I'll move away from the hook a good distant to cut saviors off. The only time I truly face camp is if I catch that one very toxic tbagger or flash clicker etc.

• magrag156
    magrag156 Member Posts: 20
    Options

My survivor rank is 10 but I play with my friends and they are both 16 or 17. So Idk if my rank still attracts bad killers or if it's them.

• magrag156
    magrag156 Member Posts: 20
    Options

No I was on a gen and I could see the killers auroa from one of the survivors perks. I understand that he shouldn't leave when he knows people are around but at one poimy he knocked another survivor down and left them there still staring at the hooked player.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

Same reason sWF's running comms is okay, right?

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

As survivor, getting camped sucks but oh well. I feel sorry for the killer that they have to do that. Especially as im horrible in chases and never bring any items in. If i find a flashlight I don't click click. Don't tbag so it's not my behavior that causes it.

Really as survivor, when i get hooked and the killer is clearly somewhere else and i die on first hook i get more upset than if i got camped. Haven't been facecamped since rank 18 though

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Exactly. They even said "at least we got the gens done and escaped".

Like...yeah. that's why camping is okay. Because you punish the camper by not feeding into it. If they wanna camp, let em. Their loss.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    Options

They want the killers away from the hooks for the health of the game, fine. But then they give us tools that halfway do the job and sow doubt in your minds as to if you should leave the hook.. Sure its a mind game. But some choose to stay near the hook rather than not if they have doubts.

Take whispers. Whispers counts the person on the hook. If it did not then killers who run that perk to help find people would have a reason to leave the hook if they know that there is nobody in whisper range. Make whispers conditional.

Take bbq. You can see who is outside of the radius. If i dont see anybody ill just assume they are all hiding in lockers, behind gens, or worse, as in crouching near the hook. Knowing survs, ill assume they are nearby and just waiting for the unhook.

More times than not in this last month that i played as soon as i leave the hook within seconds they are off of the hook. I even stopped carrying make your choice since i never got far enough away for it to matter. I might as well take a another perk that i can actually use. There are times as freddy you do not want to, or should not, tele halfway across the map, and as a result you get penalized for using a perk which promotes leaving the hook.

Which brings me to another issue. Gens speeds and survs doing the hook rotation if you do not tunnel. If you do not tunnel when the gens are flying and you fall for the old surv hook rotation trick. Where they take turns on the hook and you will get nothing but a good amount of hooks and no kills. I have played plenty of games where i got decent amount of hooks, not enough to affect gens speed, but no kills due to hook rotation. All this tells me is that in the higher ranks i need to tunnel more when the gens are flying to remove that person. When they start doing body blocks that is also a sign that they are worried about somebody being taken out.

They want us to leave the hooks. Fine. But then don't hamstring people with perks that sow doubt. Make it a clear thing. Yes, it is safe to leave the hook. What else are perks good for? For me the BP with bbq is just a bonus. I dont use it for the bp. I am still going to use it when they take the bp.