What are your first impressions on the new perks ?

Options
Witas
Witas Member Posts: 477

Killer perks:

Survivor perks

Personally, I think that all survivor perks are interesting and atleast somewhat usefull (be it in niche situations, but I don't see that as a necessarily bad thing)

I have more mixed thoughts about killer perks though, the concept seems cool on all of them, but the numbers seem realy underwhelming.

The post is short, but my main objective here is to start a discussion, keep in mind that it all just launched on PTB, so nothing is set in stone. Well, what do you guys think ?

Comments

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315
    Options

Perks are interesting, of course, but few people will use them. As usual, after the release of a new chapter, many players will use the new perks, but then again return to the old meta. Each chapter traces this trend.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    Options

Right I use inner strength every match rip but it’s fun to have a counter to it lol

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Gearhead seems like it will be the most useful one.

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239
    Options

I can see For the People being extremely strong/broken in a lot of situations. It is a crazy anti slugging perk.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

Gearhead: It's alright, depending on how quickly you can get hits can be really good.

Dead Man's Switch: Basically if Ghostface combined Thrilling Tremors and Furtive Chase. Throw Nemesis on with it and it'll be a good location+slow down.

Hex: Retribution: Hell. Yes. Totems just got a lot more lethal 😈 not good on its own but in a totem build it'll be amazing. Haunted Ground and TOTH will be an insane build- throw on Devour Hope for motivation.

Red Herring: Could be nice, especially on coordinated teams. It's like a long distance Diversion.

Off The Record: Better Babysitter.

For The People: SWFs are a lot more annoying now.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    edited February 2020
    Options

the survivor perks are mediocre and too situational as usually. killer perks seem great

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

for the people will get a hard nerf

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Heal someone instantly and break yourself could be amazing!

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Dead Man's Switch and For The People are the only ones I think will see decent use, but the other ones aren't complete garbage either. Although, I definitely think we have a new worst hex perk in the game.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

killer perks that are useful, but still too early to tell if they will be meta, they at least look strong enough to use. I think going the route of blocking gens for X seconds when the killer fulfills a certain task is a very elegant way to slow down the game.

as for the survivor perks, I don't think for the people is healthy for the game with the current perks that are available to survivors. I'm glad there is a downside to it, but it reeks of old insta heal. Red herring looks like a great cheeky perk akin to head on and off the record looks useless.

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140
    Options

My biggest worry us hex: retribution. People already complain a lot about NOED and having a perk that penalizes the playstyle that counters it is only going to make what is already a crutch perk much more viable. I like the idea by itself but pair with NOED it's a problem.

• Kongtwenty12
    Options

I disagree. Alone it's kinda crap but if you are running a hex build it is amazing. Plus it helps keep totems alive for NOED. Haunted grounds becomes absurd because you then have them exposed with auras. I think you underestimate it.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited February 2020
    Options

It's Obsessionical chairs with all these Obsession swapping perks. @_@

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251
    Options

Not really. For the people resets your chase yeah but that just means switch to the broken survivor their 1 hit down. For the people wont make SWF annoying unless you tunnel

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Gearhead could be useful. You chase a survivor, get 2 hits then hook, then as soon as they hit a skillcheck you know they’re on a gen. Sometimes with thrilling tremors for example it can block off gens so you think nobody is there but the survivor starts it afterwards.

Hex retribution will likely screw over any survivor being chased. Its another hex perk though so it adds confusion to survivors. Did I cleanse hex retribution? Or devour hope? Its not immediately noticeable like Ruin or haunted grounds where you know beforehand, not unless you cleansed a dull totem anyway.

Red herring is such a blendette perk. Just hope people don’t use that to troll their way to the hatch. E.g start a gen with another survivor, then go away and into a locker to get the killer on them.

For the People would be really good if it granted a WGLF token. I dont see why not you’re putting your life on the line to help another survivor.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I probably do underestimate it. However, if it acts like every other hex perk and completely shuts off its power once cleansed, it might be the first totem to get cleansed, ruining all the synergies you could make. Plus it may be hard to utilize its oblivious effect since you never know when or where a survivor breaks a dull totem.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Retribution + Haunted Grounds might be extremely powerful. Cant wait to try it out.

Red Herring, seems interesting. Great synergy with Q&Q.

• Kongtwenty12
    edited February 2020
    Options

I disagree because of the noise alert on break and thrill of the hunt. But I still need to do more testing. Also by that logic every hex is the worst hex.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    Options

Killer wise I don't see them getting much use, The Hex perk might work with Haunted grounds but two perk slots for a one time thing might not be worth.

Survivors got a good bunch this time round, With survivor you're more free to experiment with builds so some of these could be used well with others.

The Hook one is good especially for solo players, It's a free heal of the hook if you play it right.

Red herring is basically pebble 2.0, Not the best but might be able to get you out of a bad situation if the killer falls for it.

For the People has potential to be very strong with a SWF. an Instant health state to give to another player could be the difference between a killer getting a kill and having to start a new chase.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

First impressions by description alone:

Gearhead sounds decent. Even better if you pair it with Dead Man's Switch. That could be a very lethal combo. Do you stay on the gen, or let it be blocked for forty five seconds? Depends a lot on skill checks, though. Should make skill checks more likely while active IMO.

Hex: Retribution sounds good. It being cleansed isn't the end of the world (Like with Ruin) so if it only lasts 10 seconds into the match, you still get at least SOME effect out of it. Could be better than Thrill of the Hunt.

Dead Man's Switch by itself might be okay. Paired with Gearhead it could be interesting. But I doubt gens will be blocked for long. Especially once survivors realize you have this perk.

Off the Record sounds like a weaker Iron Will mixed with a little bit of Distortion. Not sure why you wouldn't just run Iron Will, instead. Might give you a decent chance to self heal (Does it work on survivors healing you, though? Would look pretty funny seeing one person healing nobody) Might be useful in end game if the killer has Blood Warden. Honestly don't see many people using this one, though.

Red Herring could be useful, especially if you've three-gen'd yourself. You work on a gen for 3 seconds, leave the area, hide in a locker and draw the killer to one of the gen's. Or at the beginning of the game. Countered HARD by surveillance in end game, though.

For the people seems like a really strong perk. Especially against killers who slug. Allows you to trade a healthstate with a teammate, then two minutes later you heal back up once Broken has gone away. In the meantime you can heal your teammate all the way back to full health. If you're really good at looping this perk could be a bit broken.