How to counter DS? EZ

Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

EZ: Mori, if you don't pick the survivor up he won't land the DS

But now, talking seriously, just stop tunneling or stop complaining about DS (tunneling is just a strat, but if you are using it you have to be aware DS is probably gonna land), I get it, if the survivor acted in a specific way so that you ended up hitting him like running straight towards you after being unhooked or hiding when his character is injured right next to you, or even try to blind you with a FL, yes, that's his fault and not a tunnel.

Now, if you're not getting the Ks and you're trying to tunnel for the last kill at the EGC and DS gave them a 4 men escape, just get good man, practice and you'll eventualy get there for the 3k+. Trapper and GF mains, rank 1 every month.

Comments

• Carlosylu

Yes, specific maps need reworks, legion, bubba and clown need reworks or buffs, keys need a 10 seconds timer to open hatch and ebony moris need to work only after ALL survivors have been hooked at least once.

Commenting this cause I see those justifications comming...

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736

Ds is hard to play around when all survivors are in the general area and your getting constant downs and you get hit with ds multiple times, not to mention ds becoming WAYYYYYYYYYYY to strong in the end game I can’t tell you how many times I’ve hooked someone during the egc then hooked another then come across the other survivor and knock them right at the gate just for them to hit ds and t bag like they actually won when a PERK CARRIED THEM.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

If the exit gates are wide open it's gg. I shouldn't have to impotently watch as someone with full immunity takes their time to leave. It's why hatch escapes were changed. It should deactivate on EGC. You've had more than enough time all match to not get tunneled.

• Carlosylu

I mean, if you had an end game build yes, the perk carried them, but if you didn't then NO, they did 5 gens, opened the gates and you got outplayed by the DS of the last survivor.

As end game build I mean: Remember me + NOED + BW + Infectious F

If you had that loadout, and more than 2 survivors were alive after the 5 gens popped you have to ask yourself "why did the gates opened?" "Why didn't my NOED work out?" "Why didn't I open the 99% gate, then hooked the downed survivor to activate BW and give me another extra 60+ seconds of chase?"

• sanki
    sanki Member Posts: 261

If the killer uses the mori and I have the DS, I will rush into the locker after being rescued immediately.

then what will you do?

Im so clever.

• Carlosylu

Wait for it to go off outside of the locker as punishment for you forcing it... Hehehe

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736

My main hatred towards ds is that when I’m snow balling and they start hook bombing I get hit with ds multiple times and it kills my momentum

• sanki

You win, patient killer.

But dont forget your gens.....lol

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,238

It's not that it's hard to play around. It's that killers shouldn't be punished when someone makes a bad play or gets overly aggressive after being unhooked. I just don't think a killer should have to play around something like that for a full minute. It's so far beyond the purpose of an anti-tunnel perk when someone with DS and BT runs and saves someone else with DS while someone finishes a gen clear across the map to give everyone Adrenaline.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020

Ok, so if someone has DS active and I down and then hook 3 people, then find the guy with DS doing a gen/exit gate so I grab him and still get DSed then it means I tunneled? Nice lol.

Let me tell you how to counter DS:

1. Mori
    2. Slug them for 60s (OH WAIT, Unbreakable exists) (OH WAITx2, Teammates exist)
    3. Tunnel (to trigger DS early)

So now, what were the "most hated things killer can do" again?

1. Mori
    2. Camping
    3. Tunneling
    4. Slugging for more than 30 seconds

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE COLLECTED 3/4!

Basically the easiest counter to the "anti tunneling perk" if tunneling lol. The other os mori, but you need a special conditions for that, not to mention its even more toxic lol. Slugging for 60s is impossible (teammates and unbreakable wont wait, not to mention hatch and exit gates), unless you are slug-camping them. OOH WAIT

YES! WE HAVE COLLECTED ALL TOXIC PLAYS NOW!

No, there is no serious part of this comment, DS is a ######### joke.

• Carlosylu
  • Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

"just stop tunneling" It's so simple. Why didn't I think of that?

• Carlosylu

AND you missed the other part of that sentence: "or stop complaining about DS (tunneling is just a strat, but if you are using it you have to be aware DS is probably gonna land)"

There you go

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I can just jump into a locker, you can't mori survivors from a locker.

Then, I will use my Inner Strength & Head On wombo combo. EZPZ, I escape! >:)

Just kidding, through it's kinda odd why you think a mori is the only way to counter DS. 😁

• sanki

OH! NO! Noed and blood warden!

You bad ass! AHHHHHHHH!

• Archimedes5000

You are aware that tunneling (also called "eating DS early") is the only reliable counter to DS?

• Exxodus21

I didn't miss it. It's irrelevant to the scenario I presented because I wasn't tunneling.

• Carlosylu

No, that was I joke, I actually change targets every time and exit gates are never triggered unless I open them for BW. I never get outplayed cause of DS cause if you got unhooked I just down you if you ran straight to me and then go away

• Carlosylu
    edited February 2020

You know grabs and lockers are a way to force a DS right? that's why when someone I just unhooked goes for the save I HIT them, not grab them...

• Exxodus21

Because being fully healed, clicking a flashlight, and going for unhooks in the killers face show you aren't being tunneled. Your solution for avoiding DS was simply "stop tunneling". Killers don't usually have an issue with DS being used the way it was intended. Killers have a problem with it being used as a get out of jail free card.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
  • Carlosylu
    edited February 2020

Nah, the solution is stop tunneling and play smart, that's it man. I'm saying this as killer, don't get me wrong, adn as rank 1 surv, I NEVER have nor will run DS

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Lol, DS is OP and everyone knows it including BHVR. 60 seconds to be immune from the killer in this game is a long time.

If I have DS I'm running to unhook that next survivor on the hook with my BT, the killer can't touch either of us or has to hang around.

DS really shouldn't be nerfed as it was supposed to be an anti-tunnel, BT fixes that so why does it even exist?

1st perk with BT that I add, the rest are great so I just mix and match to pay around with them

• Archimedes5000

I think you are missing a few points.

For example:

In the locker part, "are they 5 meters from a nearly finished generator/your hex totem/hooked survivior?"

Because you cant answer "ignore them" if the above is true

And in the slug part: "are they less than 50 meters from a hatch/exit gate?", "Do they have Unbreakable/No Mither"

Because you cant slug someone who can crawl to the exit or can pick yourself up.

Oh wait, people with DS are always hiding in lockers near objectives.

Oh wait, you have no way of knowing what perks do they have equipped.

Oh wait, this whole diagram is completely irrevelant, because my points above happen in almost every case!

• Archimedes5000

I like that the OP completely ignored my comment that explained that not tunneling does not counter DS and keeps repeating this myth

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited February 2020

1) if the objective is so close to complete that you can't afford to let them out your sight, you already deserved to lose that objective.

2) If there is an obsession you should assume everyone has DS

3) If they are able to crawl to the exit with DS, you didn't deserve the kill. You hooked too close to the gate and didn't defend the hook well enough to down the person who unhooked them instead.

4) Unbreak is one use, and still causes them to spend 25 seconds on the ground doing absolutely nothing. If you follow the chart often times their DS will expire before they can UB.

• Carlosylu
    edited February 2020

I'm guessing you're talking about this:

I thought of it as a waste of my time, but here I go, you asked for this... So... You're telling me that a guy got unhooked and went away and you managed to down AND HOOK all other 3 POTATOE survivors in less than 60 seconds...? Sure... Logic LVL 100... Were they standing still good sir? or maybe a rank 20 solo squad that were close to each other all the time? And answering the question, no it wasn't tunneling, it is an aimaginary 3 men down and hook in less than 60 seconds + a gen grab in that amount of time...

EDIT: I'm not even talking about THE TIME IT TOOK YOU OR THAT KILLER to traverse the map carrying those survivors to a hook + the loop time... Sure... 3 downs and hooks in less than 60 seconds + a gen grab. If that actually happened, it was a 1 out of 1000000000 games.

• witelighting
    witelighting Member Posts: 20

Why grab? You in the game know how resent you hooked that survivor so knowing how long its been why grab and not just force the trade.Thats the problem with this vid.we know nothing of the background/what happened before.where as the killer did.they made the mistake of grabbing instead of just smacking twice for a trade.

• Archimedes5000

This was just the most extreme example, but if it wasnt 3 surviviors but 2 then it would be fine? I dont think so.

Survivior doing gens in your face means that they dont fear tunneling, but DS still works.

When there is only one survivior alive, then he is not being tunneled for sure, but he can still use DS.

When a survivior is opening an exit gate/unhooking, then you cant ignore them, so its not tunneling either, but DS works.

If someone with DS gets unhooked, but in the 60 seconds there is another unhook, then all of these have DS active at the same time. How the hell can you tunnel multiple people at the same time? But DS works for all of them.

• Archimedes5000

1) no it doesnt. This game doesnt work this way. What do you think perks like Tinkerer and Pop Goes the Weasel are for?

2) you clearly have no idea how much time it wastes. 60 seconds is 15% of the game. Times four its 60% of the game. So 60% of the game someone is slugged. You think that killer should slug for that much time despite all the Unbreakables and teammates picking up? Or am I supposed to camp the slug?

3) Again, what the ######### is that logic. So killer deserves a 4k with NOED if you didnt cleanse all 5 dull totems or what? Or you dont deserve the escape if killer menages to trigger Blood Warden? Or you dont deserve to be saved if you get caught while being dead on hook? NO ONE DESERVES ANYTHING FFS. ITS A GAME, COMPETITION, STOP BEING ENTITLED.

4) again, most of the time you cant ignore them, even during the first 30 seconds. Surviviors are not dumb, they know that they can do gens/unhook with DS active you know? They force the killer to down them early by doing objectives or bodyblocking, then they Unbreakable away... Game just doesnt follow your chart, it requires surviviors to hide in bushes with DS, and no one does that.

• K1LLR0CKNR0LL
    K1LLR0CKNR0LL Member Posts: 176

You could always just wait it out. Not as effective endgame but if you think you might be DS'd just slug em. Someone else has to get them (barring unbreakable/no mither) which of course means less people doing gens.